“excellent”

Hampton Inn Clemson-University Area
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Clemson
Reviewed August 16, 2013

This hotel and all hampton Inns are always meeting my expections. The breastfast was fantastic and satisifying. WE were made to fell welcome as soon as we walked in. the reception was knowledgable and helpful

Reviewed August 15, 2013

I graduated on Friday, August 9th with my master's degree from Clemson. My fiance and I stayed at the Hampton Inn the night before graduation.

The check in process was very slow. Though the hotel was completely booked, there were only 3 people in front of us; however, we had to wait almost 20 minutes to get checked in.

However, everything else about the hotel was great!!! Our room was clean, nicely furnished, and very comfortable. My family stayed at the Days Inn further down the street and had an awful experience. Compared to what they experienced, I felt like royalty staying in this Hampton Inn.

We liked the set of toiletries they were supplied in the bathroom: the typical shampoo, conditioner, and lotion...but also mouthwash, a nail file, cotton balls, q-tips, and a shower cap.

There was a light fixture along the very top of the desk/study area that gave the room a very nice ambiance. Accessing wi-fi was not complicated and the connection speed was faster than any I've experienced at other hotels.

I've seen other reviewers mention active train tracks near the hotel. I can say I never heard a train at any point while at the hotel and I stayed up pretty late that night. The hotel overall was very quiet, the lobby area was very nicely decorated. I did not attend the morning breakfast but my fiance did. He was very impressed. Because of the number of people in the hotel, there wasn't enough room for him to sit in the breakfast area to eat. He brought his food back up to our room and I got to take a lot at it. It looked very good.

My fiance and I were both extremely impressed with this hotel. It represented the Hampton Inn brand very well and we both agree that we'll definitely consider Hampton Inns for any future trips.

Room Tip: We were on the third floor near the stairs. There weren't really any other rooms close to us and...
Reviewed August 15, 2013

This Hamton Inn was a very clean Hotel , clean room, clean bed covers, sheets etc very clean, staff very nice. Lovely soft towels, ample supply, check in check out excellent, complimentry breakfast above average

Reviewed August 12, 2013

Have stayed at thei Hampton on several occasions and have never been dissatisfied. Great hotel, immaculate housekeeping, the best staff, great location if visiting Clemson University. Can't beat the breakfast each morning, as good as homemade.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

New hotel. Price is ridiculous compared to other hotels in the area. I wanted to "treat" myself to a very nice hotel. Not worth it. Except for a couple people staff is not friendly. "Hot" breakfast food was cold and disgusting. Staff did not stand behind satisfaction guarantee. My fault for not looking it up, but there is not Jacuzzi.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Great hotel for small university town. Close to railway station and very secure. Enjoyed breakfast and service of employees. cleanliness was remarkable and efficiently implemented. I look forward to returning soon.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank gurleymm
Reviewed July 25, 2013

just awesome great southern hospitality you just rarely find any more employees were professional and so helpful going out of their way to serve the guests great military discount as well as other organizations complimentary break fast were so good please keep up the excellent work

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family