“Extremely friendly & Helpful staff”

Hampton Inn Clemson-University Area
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Clemson
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 28, 2013

The staff at the front desk and in the breakfast area went above and beyond to assist us. Our room was very clean and we had no issues. There was a train behind the hotel which I was worried about the noise, I stayed there four days and three nights and never heard the train once, I saw it go by but never heard it. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed May 21, 2013

I would have to say this is one of the nicest rooms I've stayed in. My wife and I went to Jamaica for our honeymoon and this room was 10 times better than our resort room. The location was perfect distance from the business that I had to visit and there were plenty of places to eat and shop. Not to mention the hotel is located near the water and very close to the University of Clemson. You are only located 45 minutes from Downtown Greenville where they have a very nice selection of places for night time entertainment. I would recommend this hotel to anyone that mentions coming to this area.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 6, 2013

We stayed here during a mini vacation in the Upstate. We are Hhonors veterans and loved this Hampton Inn. It is very well organized. Our room (117) was modern, with a great jacuzzi. Large screen HD TV. Fitness center with Precor machines. Very close to the Clemson campus. Great chocolate chip cookies in the afternoon. The only reason I didn't give 5 stars is because the pool is not in a great location (too close to the parking lot).

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Hotel was very clean, quiet. Quick check-in and very comfortable room. Wide assortment of breakfast items and helpful staff. And the coffee was always available and good with fresh-baked cookies in the evening. Internet access was easy and problem-free.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 23, 2013

I was not greeted as a HILTON HONORS (HH)member. What's the point of being one, they didnt follow any of my requests in my HH profile. I had urine on my toilet. They neglected to clean this for 2 days in a row. When I reported the issue, I was told that no cleaning person was on duty until the next day (that I checked out) and that she was unable to clean it herself (not that I expeced her too, but neither was I...YUCK). Bottom line, Hampton Inn did nothing about this. The rest of the hotel is nice. The lobby is pretty, the wifi is nice. The pool was closed. The gym was small but enough to get a tiny workout complete. The breakfast varies and is plentiful. They have turkey options and the breakfast staff is the BEST!!! In fact, she needs a raise. I love that they have high chairs too.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Rhonda M
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Was used to getting arrival snack and/or a drink. Did not receive anything. Room was very nice and bed very, very comfortable. I also like it when there is a comfortable chair to sit in - this way I do not need to lie in the bed for hours and hours.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

This is a very nice hotel with superior service. It was very clean. The staff were very friendly and helpful . I will recommend this hotel to anyone planning a visit to Clemson. The staff deserve to be rewarded for their superior service!

• Stayed: April 2013