“A very nice hotel”

Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Clemson
Greenville, South Carolina
“A very nice hotel”
Reviewed January 15, 2013

After reading other reviews, I was a bit dubious about this hotel. This hotel is as good as other Hampton Inns I have stayed at. The only drawback is the nearness of the train tracks, which does create some noise when trains go through. It did not disturb my sleep but I did notice it a couple of times during my stay. That is Clemson, not the hotel. If you want to say away from the tracks, as far as I know, you have to stay at Clemson's conference center or at exit 19 at Anderson.
Overall, I was very happy and expect to stay here again.

Room Tip: The front of the hotel probably is quieter than the back, although I stayed on the front side and ca...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Marion, South Carolina
Reviewed November 20, 2012

This has to be one of the best Hampton inns in the US.I have traveled across this great nation during this past year and have really expeiranced some nice hotels along the way but being from SC i really enjoy the southern hospitality i have encountered in Clemson SC.I stay here during football season which usually is seven weekends.This past weekend my son and his girlfriend stayed as well.After checking out and returning home my son called me upset because he had left his retainer in our room.I called the Hampton first thing Monday morning and Curtis told me that as of then no one had turned anything in.About 2 hours again i got a call from Curtis telling me that house keeping had turned it in.Now tell me just how easy would it have been to just throw them away.This is just a sample of the GREAT TEAM that is assembled at this particular Hampton Inn.This location is also next to Lake Hartwell if you like water.

Room Tip: I personally like the suites.But all rooms are clean and quite.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank donald c
Virginia
Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

Nice spot clean rooms good breakfast friendly staff all for a good price. Only drawback is train tracks behind hotel - we heard trains twice but it wasn't too loud. Will stay here IF our son ends up at Clemson!

• Stayed November 2012
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed March 8, 2012

Stayed only overnight on a business trip and was instantly impressed by the warm welcome at the front desk. I did not have the opportunity to experience all of the amenities; however I was impressed with the service attitude of the few employees that I had contact with. Being in the service industry I could tell that there is a service culture at this establishment that has been developed by management.

The property is exceptionally clean and well maintained, convenient to a variety of restaurants, a drug store and best of all a Starbucks that opens at 6:00am.

Room Tip: Norfolk Southern Railroad main line is at the back of the property; it wasn't an issue for my ro...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Norwalk, CT
Reviewed March 4, 2012

We enjoy staying at this hotel 2-3 times a year and always marvel at how well run it is-even on football weekends. The front desk staff will go out of their way to help in any way possible as will housekeeping. Our room has always been very clean and had all the extras we want.

Equally important, there always seems to be a fresh batch of cookies in the lobby!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
las vegas
Reviewed February 15, 2012

The rooms are nice - but I am not crazy about the work area - a table on wheels that slides under a bookshelf. Haven't seen this one before. You have to move the table to work and watch TV at the same time. Comfortable. Try to get a low numbered room as the higher the room number the closer you will be to train tracks - I have not noticed the noise more than once or twice.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank vegasrob
Johns Creek, Georgia
Reviewed February 13, 2012

Room was exceptionally clean, friendly staff, great breakfast! Will most certainly return when we travel back to see our son at Clemson!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family