Hotel Tillman
$76
Comfort Inn Clemson University Area(Clemson)(Great Value!)
$90
$129
Travelocity
$159
Travelocity
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsroom was cleanpurple decorbeautiful areaclemson universitymy daughterdefinitely stay here againnice changemultiple timesthe hotel managerenjoyed our stayclose to downtowngreat visitbiscuits and gravywafflesfirst choicefresh fruitlight sleeper
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 21, 2014

My daughter and I stayed here last week for 4 nights. The last time I stayed here was in May and the renovations had just begun. What a difference a few months makes! The lobby is beautiful with some clever "Clemson" touches. Our room was clean, newly renovated, bright and cheery. The bedding was new and crisp. They were having some outside painting done when we arrived, but it didn't inconvenience us. They were done my the second day.
What has not changed is the staff. As always, they friendly, helpful, and professional. It's nice to see the same smiling faces when you're traveling. Obviously Hotel Tillman takes care of it's employees and it shows.
Thanks again for another great stay. See y'all in May!

Room Tip: Call the hotel directly to make your reservation. Rooms with lower numbers are quieter.
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Melissa E
Nita P, Front Office Manager at Hotel Tillman, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2014

Thank You for taking the time me to submit a review.We have finally completed majority of the remodeling of the property, I am sure you going to love the rooms.We thank you for your understanding during the renovation process.Hope to see you on our next visit to Clemson.

Reviewed August 17, 2014

This past weekend, my daughter and I stayed at the hotel Tillman. The rooms were very nice and stylish! The artwork in the lobby was elegant and classy. The service was adequate. The breakfast was very good as well. 5 stars and am definitely staying here again!

Room Tip: Choose a room in the middle of the hallway away from the elevator.
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank 252kylej
Nita P, Front Office Manager at Hotel Tillman, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2014

Thank You for your kind words.We have done major remodeling and it is exciting to here positive feedback from guest.

Reviewed July 19, 2014

My daughter and I stayed here last week for orientation. Overall, we had a very nice time. The rooms were clean and visually appealing. The breakfast was great. The staff was great too. They had printed several orientation parking passes and directions to the campus, which was nice of them. The amenities were a little lacking (no pool) but I think that the Hotel Tillman is probably the best value in town at a rate of 89 dollars.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Nita P, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Tillman, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to submit the review.We are glad to hear you and your daughter had a great stay with us .We do appreciate your kind words and will be sure to share it with our staff.
Once again thank you!

Reviewed July 10, 2014

Booked in here based on prior reviews. Renovation is not complete, but we experienced no noise, just a few things not working as well as expected...like the icemaker on our floor was not turned on and the only ice available was on another floor at the opposite end of the hall....no hair-dryer in room (though staff promptly delivered when asked) and obviously not updated bedding, etc.
Room had recently received fresh paint and though on the smallish side, was clean and tidy, if not visually pleasing. Beds were fine, room was quiet and cool. Pillows were a little lumpy, but not awful. If the Tillman gets its act together it may be a great place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Nita P, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Tillman, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2014

Thank You for taking the time to submit a review. We do appreciate your feedback. I do apologize for the inconvenience you had during your stay. We will soon be done with renovation and have a beautiful property for guest to enjoy. Thank You Once again.

Reviewed July 10, 2014

Booked on an overnight stay. The hotel smelled funny, I never could identify it. Our room was dirty, jerky wrapper on the floor and bobby pin and hair in the bathroom. The service was not terribly friendly. End result, we got a night's sleep but, I think you should be able to do better.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for your feedback. I am very sorry to hear that your stay at the hotel was not up to par. Our cleanliness and customer service standard are very high, our renovations are complete,we will make sure you will have a better experience next time you visit us.