“Must go and visit!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Chester
An Inn on York Street
Ranked #1 of 3 Chester B&B and Inns
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Must go and visit!!”
Reviewed July 31, 2012

Just a brief review of this fabulous Inn. I arrived on Friday July 20, 2012 and was immediately welcomed by the warmest family. From the moment I was shown around until the moment I sadly had to leave, it was a wonderful, relaxing experience. I lounged on the chaise right outside my door, enjoyed the second floor balcony with the birds and the passing train and had a blast. They give you space and just let you be. The people of Chester are friendly and pleasant. If you are ever in need of a break and truly want to wind down, this is the place to go. The rooms are comfy with the greatest little bathrooms attached. My only complaint? I had to pack up Sunday and leave. I truly hated to go...but I'll be back. I can already feel the need for a relaxing get-away coming up!!

Room Tip: Any room you choose is a great choice.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Tamaira

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
McDonough, Georgia
Reviewed July 30, 2012

The weekend stay was awesome. My son had just graduated from college and we needed a relaxing weekend. Whether you just want to rest and hang out by the nice pool or go out and be adventerous, this is the place for you. There is plenty to do here. The hosts were very gracious and the Breakfast was wonderful. It is beyond my expectations. Thanks Mark and Sandie for a great relaxing weekend.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank huntbonbon
North Carolina
Reviewed June 18, 2012

We had a delightful time at the Inn on York Street and enjoyed our time relaxing. Breakfast was delicious with broiled grapefruit served with honey and brown sugar and baked spiced plums along with brie and bacon on croissant.

I was nervous about Chester itself, but the B&B made it all okay. There wasn't anything to do around Chester so we enjoyed the pool on Saturday and ventured into town for lunch at Stellas.

I'm glad I didn't read the reviews before I left as I would have expected to have a delicious homemade dinner, instead we dined at the Summit and the Cyclone for dinner...interesting experiences. The trains were also pretty disturbing, but by the second evening I was able to ignore them.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank gatorhon
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed May 12, 2012

Great rooms, good breakfasts, and relaxing environment with friendly hosts/owners. There is a significant train traffic (including the whistle warning of the train passing through) throughout the night so if you are a light sleeper bring some earplugs.

Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TAreviewer123
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed May 8, 2012

Wow! First the innkeepers are delightful... Mark and Sandie went out of their way to make everyone feel at home. We felt like we were with friends. Their home is beautiful, relaxing, and very charming. The grounds have gorgeous flowers, magnolia trees, birds, etc. ... our room was great and had everything we needed ... and of course there was the pool in the back ... perfect. Breakfast was incredible, a real treat for both of us. Then, they topped that with an amazing dinner served with wine and great stories. I can't remember the last time I laughed so hard. We highly recommend this B&B for a stay you will not forget. We plan to return and bring friends.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Ruby527
Charleston, South Carolina, United States
Reviewed May 6, 2012

My wife and I stayed here over the weekend. The home is fantastic. The rooms are great and very comfortable. Flat screen tvs and dvd players. They served us a wonderful breakfast and dinner on the last night. I'm not sure if they will always have the dinner, but the food was incredible. Their pool is refreshing. It has a diving board and was very clean. The town is very small and there isn't really much to do. There are things within a few minutes drive however. One thing of note is that there are trains that run through the area. Some during the night even. This wasn't a big deal for us, but it may be for those of you that may be light sleepers. Just a heads up. I would highly recommend this bed and breakfast.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JeffRader
Greer, South Carolina
Reviewed May 1, 2012

This is a top of the line B&B that will leave you wanting to stay longer. The owners are British and know how to treat their guests to comfort and relaxation. Mark will give you story after story if you want him to, and Sandie will feed you some wonderful cooking. The grounds are beautiful and the rooms are well maintained and spacious. The pool adds a great touch to the property. If you want something restful and relaxing, this is your place. We look forward to returning again soon ourselves.

Room Tip: There is only 4 rooms and each is unique in style and comfort
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tim29650
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chester
Quality Inn & Suites
#1 of 22 in Rock Hill
Comfort Suites Rock Hill
Comfort Suites Rock Hill
#4 of 22 in Rock Hill

Been to An Inn on York Street? Share your experiences!