“Very disappointing”
Review of Cabin Creek Resturant - CLOSED

Cabin Creek Resturant
Cuisines: American
Description: Welcome to Cabin Creek Restaurant! Our menu is full of long time favorites from delicious hamburger steak to our creamy seafood casserole and finishing with our freshly prepared desserts. Try our crab dip, slow roasted prime rib or our Creek Chicken. Our salad bar may be small but it is always delightful. CCR is one of the oldest restaurants in Chesterfield County, just down the road from Historic Cheraw SC, "The prettiest town in Dixie!" and the home of Jazz Artist Dizzy Gillespie. Other amenities include Cheraw State Park, H. Cooper Black and Sugarloaf Mountain. We take pride in our great food, second to none customer service, our community and our long standing continuous operation, stop by today!
Reviewed May 17, 2013

My wife, son and I decided to stop and have dinner here on our way back home. To say the least, we were very disappointed.

We decided to order off the daily special menu. I ordered the shrimp stir fried. I guess it was suppose to a sweet/sour plate, but it was only sweet. It was barely edible and had only a few small shrimp. My wife ordered the grilled shrimp. She got 5 small shrimp and the one side was a handful of potato chips. My son ordered the hamburger special and he felt it was pretty good but not up to the same standards at other restaurants of the same type as Cabin Creek.

For the record, the regular menu does have steaks and other items typical for a restaurant like this. The pricing though is not within the range that one would expect for this area of the country. We have visited restaurants in the area that have the same items at prices 20% to 25% less. I can't speak to the quality of those items here, but in light of the meals that we did have, I wouldn't want to spend the money to find out.

One other pet peeve is that the menu had no list of wines that were offered, including the house wine. The menu also offered no list of the beers of offered. We did order a half carafe of the house wine, but the server had no idea of the brand.

Overall the dining experience was not what we expected. This is a place that could use a visit from the Restaurant Impossible folks.

2  Thank RichardZ

Reviewed December 10, 2012

Food delicious. Waitress very friendly and attentive.
I like the atmosphere and the fact that it is not a chain.

1  Thank nancylang
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Our first visit in man years, most likey our last. Visited Oct 6, ordered appetizer and filet and prime rib dinners. Salad bar was good. Our food came and the waitress realized she never brought the appetizer, said she'd bring it out. Ate our meals, appetizer never came, she came over, asked if we wanted dessert, and said she was making the appetizer to go. Ate the cobbler, then sat for 15 minutes and never got the check. We noticed 2 other tables had been given their checks earlier, so we thought we'd get one. Finally got up and walked to the cashier.
Service: Poor. Food: Both meats were very fatty. Salad bar good, and dessert good.
We won't be going back.

3  Thank witcheypoo
Reviewed April 9, 2012

The food is good and moderately priced. It seems to keep random hours, but if it is open, stop in. There are not a lot of choices in Cheraw and few are that great but this is up there. The service is a little slow, however.

Reviewed May 8, 2011

We visited Cabin Creek Resturant last weekend in April.
I had the Steak and fried shrimp , the steak was very good and the shrimp were just right,they were the large shrimp not the tiny little ones you get at most places,
The other person with me had seafood Casserole, <a cabin creek specialty they said> which had Shrimp, Scollaps and crab in a creamy sauce with cheese on top, I tasted and you must try it.
I also heard another customer sayin how Much they liked the Prime rib '
Oh almost forgot the Salad Bar with homemade dressings, Loved the Ranch.

2  Thank carolinaman4u