“Decent Food at Fair Pricing”
Review of El-Sherif's House of Pizza - CLOSED

Cuisines: Italian
Description: It's on Google.
Description: It's on Google.
Reviewed December 17, 2013

Nothing to write home about. Food was ok.... service average.... price...fair. Stopped in for dinner with my wife while in the area. Establishment was clean with clean restrooms. Salad bar was fresh but with limited items. In the area a lot during hunting season and would probably go back at least once more to get a better opinion of this restaurant.

1  Thank travelnhome

Reviewed December 14, 2013

This restaurant is catalogued under the Mediterranean/Italian categories, it is a blend between the two. You can find stromboli, pasta, manicotti, but also there is gyros and greek salads. You can also have a steak if that is your choice. I would say the desserts are one of the best things you can find around town, if you want to end your meal with baklava, angel hair or a special cake. There is no complaints about the food.
What lowers the score for this restaurant is two things: 1) the service is way too slow; it has always been this way, so if you are going there make sure you have time to spend, never go there for a quick meal. 2) The decoration is not too great, some booths are not comfortable and if you have to wait long then the experience is not nice.
I would still go back for the food, but only if I have time.

Reviewed December 5, 2013

I had stayed away for years even though I am in Cheraw frequently for field trials since I had never heard good things. However, a friend swore it was his favorite spot in town and we tried it. It was surprisingly good. The fare is simple but there is a fair amount of variety and the salads are great.

My wife is now convinced it is her favorite in Cheraw, which frankly has pretty poor options for dining.

1  Thank tatworthington
Reviewed November 16, 2013

We went to dinner with friends who had heard the this place was great. Our experience was far from even being good. The place is clean enough looking and pleasantly decorated. That is where the good ends. The service was horrendous. We waited 1 1/2 hours for a meal that left us with heartburn all night and the next morning we are still sick. We took tums and Prilosec and are still nauseated.
El Sherif is the worst place I have eaten in in years. We will NEVER go back. Avoid this place unless you like to be sick after your meal.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

The owner of the B&B I was staying in recommended El Sherif's to me. Instead I went to River's Edge for lunch and regretted it. So I went to El Sherif's that night for dinner. I will definitely go back.

I had the shrimp fettuccine and it was delicious. Ate the whole thing. It came with garlic bread that alright (a bit too crisp for me). They didn't have a great selection of alcohol drinks so that was a let down (just cheap beer and wine).

The waitress was super friendly and attentive. The place was near empty (~7pm on a Tuesday). The decor is rather dark and drab.