Spears Guest House
$50
$46
Budget Inn(Rockingham)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsfront porchliving roomhome away from homemodern conveniencesperfect stayjazz festivalbeds were very comfortablelarry
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 17, 2010

Over the past four years I have traveled extensively for business throughout the Southeast. Ordinarily, I stay in chain hotels but prior to my first visit to Cheraw a colleague advised I stay with the Spears.
My first visit was a like no other business trip I had been on to date. I came away feeling like I had been away on a pleasure trip. The house was comfortable and accomodating, providing everything I could have needed but more importantly Larry and Kay personified southern hospitality to me. There laid back charm and deep roots in the area make them the perfect ambassadors for Cheraw and the Sand Hills region.
Over the last few years I have come to truly look forward to my visits to Cheraw and my time with the Spears. I suspect that I feel like many of their guests; that is to say that rather than finding just a nice place to stay I have also found friends in Cheraw.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed April 7, 2010

Kay and Larry made us feel welcome and we were delighted with the 2 to 3 hour conversation sitting on the swing or the rocking chairs on the front porch. This is a place you have to stay at. It's like staying at home in the four bedroom house with kitchen and sitting rooms available to you. Larry might just go across the street and get his guitar and sing a few songs. Kay you married the right Larry.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank parr72
Reviewed November 14, 2009

There are no better hosts than the Spears. It has been several years since I stayed with them and I am sure that nothing is lacking from their hospitality to this day. They were friendly, helpful, and warm. I could not have asked for a better stay or better people to spend time with.

I learned about the area and I was very pleased with their friendliness.

Thank you Larry and Kay.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled on business
Reviewed March 28, 2008

We live in Cheraw, and have stayed here several times while repairing damage to our home. They have two properites beside each other, one that is available for long term rental I believe.

The one we stayed in is a B&B with the owners living almost across the street.

The house has several bedrooms with their own bathrooms, a kitchen and dining area, and a living room. Breakfast is pretty basic and you heat it up yourself, but it is wonderful to have a full kitchen to cook in!

The property was spotless every time we stayed there, and the owners are very helpful.

It is in a lovely part of Cheraw, right across from the Public Library, and an easy walk to downtown with its shops, antique stores and restaurants.

• Stayed: June 2005, traveled with family