“Will definitely visit again!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Town & Country Inn and Suites

Town & Country Inn and Suites
Ranked #10 of 59 Hotels in Charleston
Athens, Georgia
“Will definitely visit again!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

This hotel is by far the best one for your money in Charleston. The entire place is immaculate and the rooms are beautiful with the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in in a hotel! We had a junior suite with an air bath tub, which was very nice. It had two comfortable chairs in the sitting area with a big flat screen TV. They have thought of every detail, down to the directions they give for how to get to points of interest from the hotel! We loved it!

Room Tip: The junior suites are so nice and roomy!
3 Thank Mira2004
Erin E, Manager at Town & Country Inn and Suites, responded to this review, August 26, 2014
Thanks for your Five Star review and for your really string endorsement of our family owned and operated hotel here in Charleston. Our entire family works in our hotels and has done so for four consecutive generations. We are honored that you noticed all the little details that we include for our guests to make their experience memorable. Please come and see us again.
Erin T. England - Director of Sales and Guest Satisfaction

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (282)
Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

Stayed here for 4 days. The rooms were spacious, quiet, and clean. The bathrooms were large with a tub and a large stand alone shower. The pool area was inviting with plenty of chairs and umbrellas. The buffet breakfast was filling and, with the $15 voucher, a great bargain. You can also order off of the menu which I did the 4th day and had some very tasty french toast.The hotel staff were all very friendly and helpful.

The drive into Charleston took about 15 minutes and was a straight shot on Rt. 17. Parking in Charleston is $2 an hour with a $12 max. If you plan ahead the commute should not be a problem. By staying outside of downtown Charleston you save about $100 a night because Charleston hotels are expensive. Do the math and you'll want to stay here.

1 Thank Fender57
Thanks for the Five Star review and for the compliments you gave us on the hotel and your experience with us. I am honored that you understand and recognized the incredible value that we provide to our guests. Please come and see us again.
Aiken
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

I enjoyed everything about this hotel. My husband & I rented the Jr. suite to celebrate our wedding anniversary and it was magnificent!. It was so clean and inviting. The bed linen was incredible!!!. We were given a $15 voucher upon check-in to use at their restaurant. We decided to use it for breakfast and the breakfast was wonderful. It was buffet style with several inviting choices. The breakfast also included a fresh omelet station where you could order any combination of toppings! All for only $10.99/person!! (I think it's a little cheaper during the weekday). I would definitely stay here again.

Sleep Quality
    • 4 of 5 stars
1 Thank Yetta H
I am so glad to hear that you "enjoyed everything about this hotel." Thanks for pointing out that the hotel is "so clean and inviting" and "The bed linen was incredible!!!". Thanks also for the compliments on our high quality breakfast and for saying that "I would definitely stay here again."
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014 via mobile

When I first called to make a reservation (I had questions about disability accommodations) I was told to call back because the front desk clerk was 'too busy.' Really? That should have tipped me off right then, but I just made an online reservation.
This is not a hotel...this is a motel!
Rooms must be driven to, there are no numbers or letters on the buildings so that is confusing.
Asking the snotty front desk clerk any questions about the distance of your room to the lobby gets you a barely concealed eye roll and a snotty, condescending answer. So this is a 'hotel' that has hired a desk clerk who can't even be PAID to be polite to a 60 year old woman.
After finding my room I open the door to find stained carpet. Aren't the renovations a little too recent for that? If you can't bother to keep the carpets clean what else are you not bothering with?
Breakfast is your typical bland, slightly warm fare.
After checking out on Tuesday and returning home I realized I had left my phone charger plugged in next to the bed.
First phone call I was told housekeeping had gone for the day, call tomorrow.
Second call I was transferred to Maintenance who said housekeeping would 'look for it'. It was pretty easy to find, just go to room 301 and look by the bed. At this point I knew it was a lost cause, but for the sake of this review I made 2 more calls. Between Tuesday and Friday I never talked to anyone that ever had a definite answer as to how a phone charger just disappeared. But front desk did tell me there would be a $20 charge 'if it was found' to return it to me. So, someone there, housekeeping, or who knows has a new Samsung Galaxy S4 Active phone charger. I am being specific about the type of charger in case it hasn't been 'claimed' yet by an employee because they don't know what kind it is.
In short I paid $159 (they also put a $53 hold on your credit card) and a phone charger for my stay. NOT REALLY WORTH IT.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
7 Thank hillella
Erin E, Manager at Town & Country Inn and Suites, responded to this review, September 8, 2014
This review does not contain any truthful statements. Further when we called to speak to this individual she hung up on us before we could form any words.
Columbia, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

Had a room with a King Size bed. Room was very roomy with a nice closet and safe. Not much drawer space but, only there a few days. The pool was very nice, gym a little small. Restaurant was WONDERFUL and staff so friendly. Sunday buffet was very good. Room very clean, housekeeping very nice and respectful of privacy. Go down to see daughter and this is right down the road from her. Will be back.

Room Tip: Had a corner room close to the pool and across from gym. Busy hallway but, never heard any noise.
Green Features: Very environmentally minded. Had trashcan divided for recyclables.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank fmgur
Erin E, Manager at Town & Country Inn and Suites, responded to this review, August 25, 2014
I am glad that you had a great stay with us while visiting with your daughter. Thanks for the shout out for our environmental awareness and efforts to preserve the environment. This is very important to us and for future generations as well. Please come and see us again.
Glasgow, Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

This was an ideal hotel for sightseeing in Charleston. Very reasonable costs for accommodation with $15 vouchers to eat in their restaurant which had excellent service and a good range of options. All our King size rooms and beds were very comfortable.

Room Tip: The main hotel would be preferable to the annexe.
Green Features: Definitely comes across as environmentally friendly.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank FlyingScotsman95
Thanks for your wonderful Five Star review and for recognizing out environmental awareness and efforts to preserve the environment. I am honored that you had such a great experience and hope to see you again.
Anderson, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2014

Chose this hotel in Charleston for our 8/18/-20/14 stay based on reviews on Trip Advisor. and it was a great choice, Pavi took our reservation on the phone and was very helpful and bubbly. Pavi is the same in person as on the phone. Very helpful and really enjoys her job. The hotel room we had was very clean, the king bed ( which is not an upgraded cost as some hotels) very comfortable. The bath has a tub and a very large walk ikn shower. Nice flat screen TV in room. Both my husband and I have a pet peeve about electric outlets (or the lack of them) in hotel rooms. This one does it right, There are at least 6 double outlets in the room plus two in the bathroom and all of them in the bedroom are above the furniture for ease of access. plus the back wall in the small seating area. Breakfast is not included but you do get a $15 voucher per each day stay to use at breakfast or dinner which is also available at the hotel. The breakfast buffet is $8.99. t has cold and hot ceral, eggs, pancakes, bacon, sausage, grits, hashbrown, yougurt, fresh fruit, OJ and cranberry juice, biscuits and is very good. We did not have dinner at the hotel. The pool area is very nice and there is a small exercise room. The hotel also has washers/dryers. This is our "go to" hotel in Charleston. Lovely hotel, reasonable rate and an easy drive to downtown and any other places of interest.

Room Tip: We were at the back of the hotel so nice and quiet. It can be a long walk to the restaurant however...
Green Features: Hotel has "green" service regarding towels, You can keep them or have them changed daily
2 Thank Shatzymaus
I am pleased that you were so impressed with both the hotel and our staff. Yes, Pavi is a great ambassador and thanks for mentioning her. I was honored that we are now your "go to" hotel in Charleston. Please come and see us again.