“Would definitely recommend this hotel!”

Town & Country Inn and Suites
Ranked #7 of 61 Hotels in Charleston
Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

We were positively surprised as we booked solely based on Tripadvisor recommendations. We did change our travel plans and stayed here for one night on our way to Florida. The interior is amazing and we loved the walk in shower and Keurig coffee maker. As we had booked directly through the hotel site we received a 15$ voucher for the restaurant. We were surprised with a delicious breakfast buffet (not included) with freshly cut fruit and other healthy options. All staff were extremely friendly and professional. It is very easy to get downtown and parking is free.

4  Thank Ursi66
Erin E, Manager at Town & Country Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2014

We are so glad to read of your strong endorsement of our family owned and operated hotel on Trip Advisor. Thank for the compliments on the hotel interior, walk in showers, coffee and restaurant service and our staff. If there is anything I can do for you in the future please do not hesitate to call on me personally.

Reviewed July 10, 2014

My husband and I went to Charleston for a week and stayed here for half our stay and at The Courtyard by Marriott Waterfront for the other half. The rooms in this hotel were nice and clean. The bathroom was very nice. We had a beautiful stand up shower and a bath tub. The bed was somewhat comfortable, however I have to say I have slept on better mattresses in other hotels. The hotel hallways and bathrooms near the main lobby were very nice. The pool area was inviting and comfortable. The staff was very nice. They have a restaurant on the premises. We ate breakfast at the buffet and I have to say it was one of the better ones that I have had and the price was reasonable. I have to say, I didn't think I was going to mind staying away from the Charleston area but I did. This hotel was very, very reasonably priced and I don't think you will do better for your money. I have to say I was really taken back that this hotel did not have some sort of small store or vending machines. When I needed to purchase something I had to get in my car and drive somewhere. In my opinion this is a must in a hotel and I don't understand why they didn't have one. In my opinion the hotel management is missing an opportunity to make more money.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank PFlynn006
Erin E, Manager at Town & Country Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2014

Thanks for your review and for saying "I don't think you will do better for your money". Our goal of our family owned and operated property is to give our guests an incredible value in terms of quality, convenience, and services comparable to much more expensive hotels. We have been doing this in Charleston for four consecutive generations. Thanks for recognizing that. One small correction I must address in your review is that we do offer vending machines. Also we happily provide our guests with top quality replacement items should guests need them as has been mentioned in several previous reviews. Should you need anything please feel free to contact me directly.

Reviewed July 9, 2014

This is a nice hotel for access to West Ashley. The bed was very comfortable and we loved the food and service at Trotter's. The food vouchers were a plus. We did have a couple of housekeeping issues, but the front desk was vert prompt and courteous in resolving them. As others noted, this is probably not the trendy hotel or great for downtown access, but would be a good base for the other areas such as Charles Towne Landing, or the plantations.

Room Tip: We liked the kitchen air bath suite.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Ilvnazoo

We are all pleased to hear that you enjoyed our family owned and operated hotel and had a great experience. Please consider us again if you return to Charleston. We would love to earn your business again. Also if you should need anything please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed July 9, 2014

My family and I recently stayed here on a long weekend trip to Charleston for Independence Day. We travel quite often and I have to say that we were very pleased with this hotel. The rooms are very spacious and seemingly brand new. There are many modern amenities including granite vanities, LCD TV's, and Keurig coffee machines. It is a short drive from the downtown area, but it was a great trade for the comfort and quality of service that we experienced here. There is also a very nice pool and an upscale, full service restaurant and bar which is great. I would recommend this property for a family vacation or a romantic getaway alike. It was a great experience.
-Ryan
Amelia Island, FL

2  Thank RyanGordo
Erin E, Manager at Town & Country Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2014

I am honored that we were able to so impress an experienced traveler like yourself and exceed your expectations. We are a 4th consecutive generation hotel family here in Charleston and this is what our entire family does. It is very regarding to see our guests enjoying themselves. Please call on me personally should you need anything in the future.

Reviewed July 9, 2014

This hotel is little out of downtown,but the price was very reasonable and the accommodations were very good. I would stay again if I'm in the area again. Breakfast was good although we ended up paying a few dollars on top of the coupon provided.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank washred1

Thanks for your business and for choosing our family owned and operated hotel. We offer a quality experience not normally found at this price point...and do it for 1/3rd or less of the price to stay downtown. I am glad that you saw the value in that. Please come and see us again.

Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

Very impressed with the cleanliness of the hotel. Very high quality bed and linens. Feels like a much nicer hotel class. Very good price for the quality. The staff were very accommodating. We will return for sure.

1  Thank Rframpy

I am honored that we so impressed you and exceeded your expectations. We are a 4th consecutive generation hotel family here in Charleston and this is what our entire family does. It is very regarding to see our guests enjoying themselves. Please call on me personally should you need anything in the future.

Reviewed July 8, 2014

I was really excited about this hotel after reading many reviews on Trip Advisor and was looking forward to my stay. When I arrived, I was greeted warmly by Amanda and she assisted me with some toiletries that I needed. I loved the king size bed and slept like a rock each night and the tub after a nice 11 hour drive from Philly and there was always plenty of parking and the pool was very relaxing and comfortable. The property is well manicured, clean, open and the room was a generous proportion. I have to agree that if you really want to spend time in Charleston, try to get a room in the city because the drive was not bad, maybe 10-15 minutes but you just felt disconnected staying at this hotel. It's a decent area near the only shopping mall in town and right off I-526 & Rt. 17 but it just seemed like I was driving too much between downtown and the hotel. Pavi is a real nice lady with a big smile and friendly attitude and finally got to meet her on Friday and she recommended a nice BBQ place, Bessingers up the street and the Early Bird diner which was featured on Diners, Dives and Drive-In's. My only downside about the hotel was their breakfast buffet because the food was marginal, seemed like the other chain hotels for breakfast food and the service was lackluster at best. For example, I arrived at the cash register and there was no one to greet me for almost 5 minutes and the waiter kept forgetting my tomato juice and the follow up was poor. However, I did have some $15 vouchers so the breakfast was free on Friday and Sunday. You can't beat the price for this hotel and if you don't want to endure the high price of staying in Charleston, I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Get a room on the 2nd floor although there is not much of a view but it keeps you away from the nois...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank SmilingSteve4

Thanks for the compliments on our hotel facilities as well as our staff members.... by name. I am so glad that you "would definitely recommend this hotel." Hearing that we got your stamp of approval is very rewarding and we appreciate your business. Please come and see us avian.