“How to run a hotel!”

Town & Country Inn and Suites
Ranked #8 of 62 Hotels in Charleston
Reviewed May 13, 2014

This was a very busy weekend in Charleston but the folks at the hotel handled it beautifully.
The front desk staff are charming and helpful, the head of housekeeping is also a goodwill ambassador and the room was terrific. Now to be fair we were upgraded for some unknown reason and truly appreciated the view and spacious room. The restaurant did a terrific job on graduation, mothers day crowds. It is amazing how many locals love the buffets.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dickpat
Erin E, Manager at Town & Country Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2014

We especially appreciated the title of your review "How to run a Hotel". Our company, Palas Hospitality, is currently in it's 4th generation as a family owned and operated local hotel company, based here in Charleston, SC. Our whole family works in the company and we strive each and every day to exceed expectations. Thanks for pointing that out!
Erin T. England - Director of Sales and Guest Satisfaction

Write a ReviewReviews (1,652)

Reviewed May 12, 2014

The room I stayed in (232) exceeded my expectations. It was handsomely decorated, clean and fresh. The bed was very comfortable. The a/c worked perfect. It didn't have the motion detector that shuts it off when no motion is detected that some hotels use. That always irritates me. I would not hesitate to stay there again. The food at Trotters was just "ok". I rec'd a voucher for food and had breakfast both times. The buffet the first day was okay, nothing special. I ordered off the menu day #2 and it was about the same. I wouldn't eat there unless I had a voucher.
The hotel is about 10 min from downtown and much quieter I would assume.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank KarenHouston

We appreciate you taking the time to post a Five Star review of our hotel and let the Trip Advisor community know that we "exceeded my expectations". That is an honor and we hope to earn your repeat business the next time you return to Charleston.

Reviewed May 11, 2014

After checking into prices for other hotels in the area, I was expecting a subpar hotel! Not so .... this is a great hotel! Beautiful exterior and the rooms are lovely .... our only issue was a thermostat issue in the bathroom (otherwise, I would give this hotel 5 stars). We were 15 minutes to anything in the Charleston area, so it is a good location. This is a great place to stay if you are willing to stay in a new hotel on a highway .... probably not if you want to stay in old Charleston. But for the cost, we thought that it was a great value! I recommend staying at Town & Country Inn!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank bestofthewest58

I am so glad to hear that you also experienced what so many guests and reviews on Trip Advisor have indicated so consistently. The concept of value without sacrificing quality is alive and well here at our family owned and operated hotel. Thanks for the strong endorsement and kind words. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed May 11, 2014 via mobile

In a word: Amazing! We booked a room for our honeymoon...and boy were we happy with the room, facilities & services. How this place is not 5 star is beyond me, definately better than any other 5 star place i have stayed and without the $300 a night price tag. The hotel is located in North Charleston on highway 17 by the Citadel mall which actually turned out to be the most convenient location for us. It is easy to get to downtown Charleston Folly Beach, Mount Pleasant (etc), without having to deal with all the parking nightmares in the downtown area on a daily basis. We are so glad we chose this hotel. The staff was so nice, trotters restaurant was beyond amazing, and the atmosphere was very "make yourself at home." The hotel was recently renovated and includes the finest and decor and comfort, in fact, I wanted to bring that bed home with me! We will definitely stay here again and highly recommend to all other travelers, you will not be disappointed.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Suzanne L

We so appreciate you saying that "We are so glad we chose this hotel" As a family owned and operated property we interact with our guests as owners each and every day and we feel makes a huge difference in the guest experience. Thank you so very much for the strong endorsement.

Reviewed May 11, 2014 via mobile

Very happy with room, amenities & especially the steam shower. Ample parking. Good buffet for breakfast & brunch especially. Located a short drive from downtown allowing for easy access by car. Tours will also pick up & drop off at hotel. Front desk staff wonderful & very helpful.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank CJG1028

Thank you for pointing out all that you can get for your money and all the money you can save (literally hundreds per night.. plus tax) if you are willing to drive approximately 5.4 miles down Highway 17 to downtown Charleston. We very much appreciate your Five Star review. Please come and see us again.

Reviewed May 10, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here for a long weekend while visiting Charleston for the first time. If you have a car, the historic downtown area is only 15 minutes away while I-426 access to the Ashley River plantations is very close to this hotel. The rooms are freshly redecorated and there's lots of attention to detail. We received a food voucher for each day of our stay which we used for the daily extensive breakfast buffet. Compared to downtown hotel or B&B rates, this hotel is a great value. We'd certainly return again.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Gary W

Thanks for your wonderful Five Star review of our family owned and operated hotel here I Charleston, SC. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again when you come back to town. Thanks for saying that you would "certainly return again."

Reviewed May 9, 2014

Okay so it's not in the center of Charleston. It's perhaps a ten minute drive, but this is the only downside of this gem. The rooms are a generous size with all of the features of a more expensive hotel. Well appointed throughout with a large, walk-in shower. Tastefully done with incredibly comfortable beds. And the hotel is immaculate. I was presented with a $15 voucher which could be used in either the bar or the restaurant. In my case it paid for a wonderful breakfast buffet complete with everything you could imagine including local fresh fruit and the resquisite sausage gravy, biscuits and grits. They have the formula down pat. I don't know how they offer such a nice experience for such a wonderful value. Fabulous service completed my stay. Thanks!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Bmosher

I was honored to read your description of our hotel as having guestrooms that are "generous size" and have the "features of a more expensive hotel" as well as "well appointed", "tasteful", and immaculate". We appreciate you saying that we "have the formula down pat" As to the value we offer I am honored to say that we do it because we are travelers ourselves and like to find an oasis where we can come home to year after year. Based on that our goal was to offer that to our guests.