“Great Find”

Ranked #9 of 61 Hotels in Charleston
Congers, New York
“Great Find”
Reviewed March 12, 2014 via mobile

Twice the value for what you pay. Our room was very clean and spacious. Best bed I ever had in a hotel room. The breakfast buffet at Trotters was delicious. Great staff. Quick drive to downtown Charleston.

1 Thank Larry L
Erin E, Manager at Town & Country Inn and Suites, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Thanks for the Five Star review. I am so glad that you noticed what more you got for your money than what you would normally receive at this price point... and that you let others know. It sounds like you are experienced traveler. Thanks also for the compliments on the food in our on-site restaurant, Trotters. Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you on your return visit.
Erin T. England - Director of Sales and Guest Satisfaction

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (308)
Springfield, Missouri
Reviewed March 11, 2014

We are currently at this hotel (third night), and I think we are going to move down the street tomorrow. The elevator is out of order, the change machine for the laundry is out of order, the desk clerk when asked for change said she had none and sent my wife to the restaurant who stated they had no change. Breakfast is full price (we were not offered $15 vouchers mentioned by others), and the staff we have come in contact with do not seem very helpful. To be fair, our room is clean and comfortable.

As a side note - I tried to book this hotel directly through their website - and the reservations part of their website did not work - so I used a travel site to book. I should heeded that as an omen.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the first floor.
2 Thank ozarker2533
Erin E, Manager at Town & Country Inn and Suites, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
I was mortified to read your review of our family's hotel. This is not at all typical of experiences with us as the hundreds of Five Star reviews below will testify. I would ask that if there is a problem here or with any business that you make a reasonable attempt to speak with a manager before rushing to a drastic conclusion. For instance the elevator was only out of order for six hours before it was fixed...and there is another elevator less than 100 feet just down the hallway. Please contact me ASAP so I can make sure you have 100% satisfaction to these issues.
State College, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 11, 2014

The hotel was beautiful, the room magnificent and the professionalism of the staff without compare. The on-sight restaurant was excellent and saved several weary travelers the trouble of piling back into the car and seeking out dinner. The drive from the hotel to both the ocean and the city were easy and beautiful.

We ran into what could have been a major issue at check out. Thanks to the staff, their prompt and courteous response, and their professional attention to detail, the issue became nothing at all.

We will definitely stay here on our next trip through the area.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Tammy139
We so appreciate your Five Star review of our family's hotel. To hear that you felt the hotel was "beautiful" and that you were so impressed with the professionalism of our staff is very rewarding. I am so very glad that a potential issue became a non-issue when you dealt with our "prompt" and courteous" guest services staff. Thanks also for saying that yo would definitely stay here again.
Melbourne, FL
Reviewed March 11, 2014

We found this hotel through an internet search and were very pleased with it. It was very clean, stylish and the bed and pillows were so very, very comfortable! Great location as it is just a short distance to downtown Charleston via Savannah Hwy. We didn't try the restaurant as there were so many to choose from in Charleston. We didn't try the pool as it was too cold to even consider swimming. We didn't try the gym as exercise was the furthest thing from our mind while on vacation! But both the pool and gym looked clean. Definitely a place to stay if you don't want to deal with the traffic and parking of downtown Charleston.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank normal1983
I am honored by your Five Star review and am so glad to hear that you thought our family owned and operated hotel was "clean, stylish, and very comfortable" I hope to see you again!
East Northport, New York
Reviewed March 10, 2014 via mobile

We booked this hotel based on tripadvisor reviews. The hotel was easy to find. The rooms were very clean and comfy. While breakfast isn't free, the restaurant had delicious food and a great buffet. The $15 voucher given by the hotel towards food in the restaurant really helped. While the hotel is about 6 miles to the heart of historic downtown, the reasonable price, made it a wonderful find. The staff at the hotel and restaurant are warm and friendly, too! Would definitely return again!

2 Thank Lo R
Erin E, Manager at Town & Country Inn and Suites, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
We so appreciate your Five Star review of our family owned and operated hotel here in Charleston. I am so glad that you felt our hotel was easy to find, had a great breakfast, and had great staff! Thanks also for saying that you would definitely return again to stay with us!
Old Saybrook, Connecticut
Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

I recently stopped in Charleston for a weekend on way home from Florida . This hotel was lovely as far as physical surroundings .the only negative was the pool was still closed .but that is not why I am doing this review . It is because of the staff . My friend with whom I was traveling was taken acutely ill and I needed immediate care for him as he refused 911 .the front desk went to full crisis mode and got me directions quickly to the nearest hospital where he spent 4 days. I ended up staying there for the duration as I felt safe and well cared for by the staff including the dining room staff Anthony especially . The front desk ladies were so professional
And compassionate . We stayed one more nite after his discharge and he was greeted with hugs and more hugs when we left . The owners need to know how wonderful they were I forgot all their names but one was Jennifer .I certainly would recommend this hotel for this alone. Also I would hope that maybe in the future the menu would include some lite cuisine or heart healthy entrees. That was the only recommendation .

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Drinagh G
I am honored by your compliments on our family owned and operated hotel...especially the ones concerning our staff and their care and attention to our guests. We carefully select and train the best personnel that can demonstrate empathy and attention to detail. We so appreciate you choosing out family hotel! Please come see us again.
Fairfax, Virginia
Reviewed March 8, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 4 nights in March 2014. I was impressed with how clean the rooms were, especially the bathroom. I always judge a hotel by the quality/cleanliness of the bathroom. I had no complaints at all. Everything was nice and new. The beds were extremely comfortable. The breakfast buffet at Trotter's is a great way to start the day. I would absolutely recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the Charleston area. Although you aren't downtown, you are an easy 5 minute drive there and you don't have to pay the high downtown prices for a room.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank krista_walsh
Thanks for the Five Star review! We so appreciate your pointing out how impressed you were with our family owned and operated hotel. Thanks for the compliments on the quality and cleanliness of our hotel and for the compliments on our bedding and our on-site restaurant, Trotters. Please come and see us again!