1,863 results
All reviewstrotters restaurantbreakfast buffetdowntown charlestonseparate tubfood voucherkeurig coffee makerwalk in showerminute drivehotel restaurantwest ashleyan easy drivefolly beachdefinitely stay here againhistoric districtbooked this hoteloutdoor poolmini fridge
Reviewed February 7, 2014

My wife and I recently spent one night at Town and Country while spending some together time in Charleston. We had the Charles Towne Boutique Suite. It was very roomy with two chairs and foot rests to relax in. The king size bed was quite comfortable and contributed to a good nights rest. The best part was the Jacuzzi tub large enough for two. After walking around in the cold weather to sit and relax and soak up the warmth was awesome. The Kuerig coffee maker and the choices of coffee and tea added a very nice touch. The room was decorated tastefully and although the T&CI has been recently remodeled it felt new and luxurious. Would stay again if in the area.

2  Thank 1upper
Erin E, Manager at Town & Country Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2014

Thank you for the impressive review of our family owned hotel and for the strong endorsement of one of our luxurious suites. Thanks for mentioning that you would stay with us again.
Erin T. England - Director of Sales and Guest satisfaction

Reviewed February 6, 2014

These well appointed lodgings in Charleston are a good choice for exploring this historic city. The furnishings are modern and the rooms are well kept. We stayed for one night, but would have stayed longer had our schedule permitted. Breakfast buffet was well done with many choices. It would have been better with more guests dining which is the case with all buffets.
The staff was friendly and helpful as we planned our city tour. Save a lot of money and drive a short way.

2  Thank JudgeDon

I am so glad you found our hotel to be modern, well kept and friendly. I am also glad to see that you thought we offered an outstanding value. Please come see us again.
Erin T. England - Director of Sales and Guest satisfaction

Reviewed January 29, 2014

Our family stayed at the Town & Country Inns & Suites in Charleston, SC on 2 occasions recently. We can't say enough good things about our experience there. The entire hotel, restaurant, and staff far exceeded our expectations and we think it would be a great value at even double the price. The meticulously maintained accommodations were extra-clean, with neutral colors, and all elegantly designed. The bedding was extra-comfortable. The hotel staff were all super-friendly and especially nice to our 2-year old.

Room Tip: All rooms were excellent.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank Ralph S
Erin E, Manager at Town & Country Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2014

Thank you for telling the Trip Advisor community that we "far exceeded" your expectations in our family owned and operated hotel. That is what we live to do and our entire staff is fully committed to making your experience with us memorable and not just another hotel stay. We appreciate all the comments on the hotel décor as well as our restaurant and the friendliness of our staff regarding your 2 year old child. Please tell your friends and come see us again. I am honored by your review.

Reviewed January 29, 2014

My wife and I really enjoyed our three day stay at Town & Country Inn and Suites due to on a mini-vacation we were looking for lodging that would provide us the same comfort that we have at home. While checking in and all through our stay the staff was very attentive to all of our needs and made us feel very appreciative for our business and lodging at their establishment. The facility as a whole was very clean, neat, and desirable as a resident and guest. The room in which we stayed was very comfortable and had all of the amenities where we felt we were able to enjoy the comforts of home away from home. Lastly the location of the facilities could not be in a better location in Charleston by not being exactly downtown but by being centrally located to the Historic sites and locations in which Charleston is known for.

Room Tip: The second floor offered a view of the entire grounds from a higher perspective.
3  Thank Tony P

Thanks for the Five Star review of our family owned and operated hotel. I am so glad that you found the new design of our hotel to have all the comforts of home. That is literally how we planned the new hotel to be....right down to the most minute details. Thanks for recognizing that! Thanks also for recognizing how attentive our and caring our staff is...I am sure you know that is a result of training and is quite uncommon these days... so we take that as a real compliment. Please come see us again!

Reviewed January 26, 2014

Compare the deal here to other top rated offerings in Charleston. As of January, 2014, the French Quarter Inn goes for around $370 a night. Wentworth Mansion costs $350 a night; The Restoration on King, $230 a night.

Then there's this hotel, ranked #4 of 54 hotels in Charleston, for around $80 to $90 a night.

Thank you, TripAdvisor, for telling me about Town & Country! The only downside to this hotel is that it's way out on the Savannah Highway, and not within walking distance of the city center. That's an important consideration for the vacation traveler, and might be reason enough to shell out hundreds more for an in-the-midst-of-things hotel. Not for me. I'm very glad I found this hotel.

One minor quibble: they don't offer a free buffet, and instead provided me with a $15 voucher for the glitzy adjacent restaurant, Trotter's. The Trotter's menu looked impressive, but a sit-down meal with wait staff is more than I want when it's time to chow down in the morning.

I should also mention that this is a big hotel, and that a weary guest could get a bit lost while searching for a given room number. I suggest making sure you understand the 'how-to-get-to-the-room' directions before leaving the front desk.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
4  Thank Timothy_Adams
Erin E, Manager at Town & Country Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2014

Thank you so much for the Five Star review of our family owned and operated hotel. We are currently in our 4th consecutive generation of being in the hotel business here in Charleston, SC. We are honored that you were so glad to discover our hotel on Trip Advisor and that you were so impressed with the value you received. If you need anything at all on your future stays with us please contact me. I would be glad to personally assist you.