1,864 results
All reviewstrotters restaurantbreakfast buffetdowntown charlestonseparate tubfood voucherkeurig coffee makerwalk in showerminute drivehotel restaurantwest ashleyan easy drivefolly beachdefinitely stay here againhistoric districtbooked this hoteloutdoor poolmini fridge
Reviewed December 30, 2013

My boyfriend and I are currently staying at the hotel. This is our last night in and we have loved the hotel. We are in the King AirTub Suite. The room is decently large and it was very clean. The hotel uses "green" products from paper to Shampoo. The beds are very soft and each room has a built in thermostat. The staff was very courteous from the main desk to the housekeeping. . The Air tub was enough that my 6'3 boyfriend could completely stretch out with any problems. Room Service and Buffet in Trotters Restaurant inside the hotel was good as well.

My only complaints are the view (unless you have a view of the pool) is nonexistent and the air unit would make very odd noises when cutting on. Also if you are
wanting to see the various tourist attractions in Charleston it is a 15 minute drive to the Historic Charleston area and you drive though some run down areas depending on where you do. If you are into tourism sites I would choose a hotel across the bridge.

Room Tip: Room Service cost $3 charge, automatic 17% gratuity and sales tax.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Heather R
Erin E, Manager at Town & Country Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2014

Thanks for recognizing the value provided for the price. We appreciate that you realize that in exchange for a 10-15 minute drive (depending on traffic) you will save hundreds of dollars per night on a hotel room of comparable quality. Please come see us again.

Reviewed December 30, 2013

This motel sports lots of marble surfaces and fancy rugs in the hall ways, but overall our stay was far from perfect. There was no hairdryer in the room (the "engineer" had to deliver one), the bathroom had no heat, and the (very chic) glass door in the shower stuck. I had to get my husband to push hard to open it. There is a strange system for breakfast. No free breakfast, but you get a $15 voucher per night. The problem is that the breakfast cost $8.99 each, plus $2.50 for coffee. That might had been okay if the food matched the elegant serving domes, but it didn't: canned biscuits, pale sausages, salty bacon, okay eggs, with orange juice and cranberry juice.
I won't be back.

Note that there is no indoor pool, though there is a fitness room.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jeanforrister

We appreciate your feedback but I do need to correct a few non-facts put forth in your review. Firstly we are not a motel... we are a hotel and additionally we are a full service hotel. There is a major difference between the two. Like all full service hotels we have a sit down style restaurant with servers. We offer this service for those guests who value this convenience. Obviously it is not mandatory that you eat in the restaurant however we do offer a $15.00 per day credit to use that provides value to those who prefer actual food served by a chef over a "food type product" for "free". I am sorry to hear that you do not like those options. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed December 30, 2013

Our family stayed at this hotel during Christmas week, 2013. We had a double bed room with sleeping sofa. The bed is very comfortable and the room is very clean and new. The front desk is very welcome and is willing to help. We had a corner room and it is very quite. Good rest after walking around the town during the day.

Couple of things can make this place better:
The building looks outdated from outside. The inside is very contemporary though.
Free breakfast instead of just giving people $15 voucher would be very nice. Point this out because in the morning I did see some thought the breakfast is free. The voucher will basically just covers the coffee and milk for kids.
More parking spaces would be better.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are very quiet.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank softmud

I am so glad to hear that you had a very nice stay and plan on returning. We rebuilt the hotel in 2012 and 2013 so all the guestrooms are new construction. Since we have a full service restaurant with waiters and offer this service as a convenience for our guests we have to charge for breakfast to offset the cost of providing this service just as any restaurant would. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

Believe the great reviews about the hotel itself. It is very clean and well-managed. The bedding is like a dream. We'd definitely stay here again.
Just a couple tips, though: ask for a room on the second floor away from the stairwell if you're able to manage it. There was some noise from guests opening and closing the exterior door and climbing the stairs right beside our room and a screaming, stomping child in the room right above us. Certainly not the fault of the hotel, but avoid it if you can when making your reservations.
The $15 daily voucher for Trotter's Restaurant that we received for booking on the hotel's website will cover one guest's breakfast. At $8.99 for the weekday breakfast buffet, the voucher wasn't a huge help for a family of three or more (no discount for a child's buffet, either). We only used our voucher once. The breakfast was just ok, definitely nothing spectacular when compared to the outstanding restaurants available throughout Charleston.

Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank OurTravelTrio

Thanks for you kind words and for saying that you would definitely stay here again. Also we appreciate you saying that the hotel was very clean and well managed. We look forward to serving you again. I am pleased that we were able to give you one full restaurant style breakfast with servers and silverware for free as this would cost in another establishment.

Reviewed December 28, 2013

3 Night stay - fairly large room, king bed, flat screen TV, large bath with walk in shower, ample no charge parking. So far so good. Removed the bolster off the bed, and found four HUGE pillows (and I forgot to bring my thin pillow). Found the in-room safe in the closet. Night time - guess I'll try the bed. Next thing I recall was the sunshine through the windows. Wow, did I sleep well. Guess it was time to attempt the buffet breakfast. Huge, plenty of choices, except for the scrambled eggs, which were very good. The second morning I found the juices. Staff was very helpful and kind. Paid for breakfast with the $15.00 voucher given to me at check-in. Voucher doesn't work for tips! Hotel is convenient to everywhere in the area. Will stay there again, for sure.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
6  Thank hendersonvillemike

I am pleased to hear that you plan to stay with us again and that you were pleased with our guestrooms, breakfast buffet, and convenient location. We appreciate your business and please come see us again.