Checked into our room. Found out that the $15 coupon for the restaurant, if you make the reservation directly with the motel, was just for the whole room and not per person. Breakfast is $9 per person. So, I will end up owing $3 plus tax for breakfast each day. But, it looks like it is a nice buffet meal. Ticks me off that I have to pay $2.50 for a coffee for breakfast. A buffet meal but you have to buy your coffee????? The assorted juices are free so I think I’ll get a lot of juice and maybe drink it. What really ticks me off is that the waitress comes around, after you seat yourself, and asks if you want coffee. She does NOT tell you that this is an additional $2.50 charge. Just asks if you want it. Why the deception here? Do they need the money so bad that they will, in effect, steal it from you? Is it worth $2.50 to piss you off so you will look for another hotel next time you visit? There is a hell of a profit when you charge $2.50 for a cup of coffee. We travel a lot and many hotels have free coffee 24 hours a day. It is very stupid, to me and, out of principal, I will look for a different motel next time we visit. I don't like encouraging motels that set out to screw me out of my money.
Our room is pretty nice. Very modern. Easy to connect to internet. Separate shower and bath. Marble tops on the furniture and the bathroom vanity. They have a nice toilet and I am going to look around for new toilets when we get home. These actually flush and they don’t give you a modified, unintentional bidet treatment with every flush.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Completed in May 2013 a $12,000,000 total guestroom rebuild!! Located within a 15 minute drive of the historic district and featuring a level of comfort and attention to detail that will surprise you at this price point. Convenient onsite dining featuring locally renowned full service Trotters Restaurant serving breakfast, lunch and dinner in our smoke-free hotel. Enjoy a lush outdoor pool and courtyard, extensive hot breakfast buffet with servers, free wired and wireless internet access and a modern 6,500 square foot meeting facility. Wide variety of room types and suites available to accommodate every need including Family, Luxury, and Extended Stay Suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Town & Country Inn and Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Town And Country Hotel Charleston
- Town And Country Charleston
- Charleston Country Inn