My wife and I were in Charleston for 4 nights at the end of October. On our prior trips to Charleston, we had stayed in the downtown historic district where parking is a real premium. Consequently we never used the car once we checked in on our prior visits to Charleston. This time we wanted to check out some of the surrounding areas as well as the historic district. So we opted for the Town & Country Inn after reading other Trip Advisor reviews and are we ever glad we stayed there. The hotel is like new due to a recent tasteful renovation. Our room had a very comfortable king-size bed along with a nice sitting area, microwave, mini-fridge and Keurig coffee maker. The bath was spacious enough for two people. The only small negative as described in other reviews is that the faucet for the large shower is on the back wall making it tricky to turn on the water to warm up without getting yourself wet in the process. By making the reservations directly with the hotel, we received a $15 voucher for each day to use in the on-site Trotters Restaurant. The breakfast buffet was $8.99 per person plus $2.50 for coffee. We opted to drink free coffee in our room each morning and drink the free juices with our breakfast instead. Downtown Charleston is less than 15 minutes away and the location allows easy travel to other popular attractions in the Charleston area. After arriving we asked for a room on the back side of the hotel well away from the busy Savannah Highway fronting the hotel which ensured that we had a very quiet room. A couple of hours after checking out on Friday, we received a call from the hotel to let us know that the maid found my Apple earphones which were left in the room. The hotel mailed them to our home which was greatly appreciated. We will definitely stay here again on future visits to Charleston.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Completed in May 2013 a $12,000,000 total guestroom rebuild!! Located within a 15 minute drive of the historic district and featuring a level of comfort and attention to detail that will surprise you at this price point. Convenient onsite dining featuring locally renowned full service Trotters Restaurant serving breakfast, lunch and dinner in our smoke-free hotel. Enjoy a lush outdoor pool and courtyard, extensive hot breakfast buffet with servers, free wired and wireless internet access and a modern 6,500 square foot meeting facility. Wide variety of room types and suites available to accommodate every need including Family, Luxury, and Extended Stay Suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Cancelon, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Town & Country Inn and Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Town And Country Hotel Charleston
- Town And Country Charleston
- Charleston Country Inn