We stayed at this hotel at the recommendation of a wedding planner. I had not noticed this hotel on any of my previous trips to Charleston, and although the pictures on-line looked great, as we know, hotels are not always how they seem. Wow, was I pleasantly surprised! We checked in very late and were greeted by a genuinely friendly receptionist. Our room was impeccable… stylish, clean, comfortable and quiet. The room was large enough for two travelers with luggage. The décor is contemporary, warm, and inviting. We were able to control the air temperature in the room, and could achieve a comfortable temperature quite easily. The beds were out of this world. Honestly, I can’t remember the last time that my sleeping experience was this amazing. The mattress was super comfortable, the sheets & comfortable felt fantastic and the pillows were the right size for the queen sized beds. It was so comfortable, none of us wanted to get up out of bed in the morning. (I will be contacting the hotel to find out how to purchase the bedding!) The bathroom was one of the most tasteful and practical bathrooms that I have experienced. With both a shower and bathtub, there is something for every traveler. The tall vanity was perfect. I loved the clean, contemporary tiles that they used on the floors and walls – no flowery, peeling wall paper! In the morning, we decided to have breakfast in the restaurant. While the décor was not as contemporary, the food was so fresh and flavorful. They had everything from an omelet bar to standard fare of bacon, sausage, French toast, and fresh grits. In addition to relying on my taste buds to know that this was a great place to eat, I was impressed with how many locals came in while we were eating. In addition to the comfortable rooms, the hotel has a well maintained pool and patio area, a fitness center, and a small fridge and microwave in the room. This was the most perfect room in the mid price-point range that I have found in the Charleston area. I really felt as if I was staying at one of those 4-star hotels in downtown Charleston. I can’t say enough about how perfect this hotel is – the owners have truly tried to satisfy all the components of an excellent stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Completed in May 2013 a $12,000,000 total guestroom rebuild!! Located within a 15 minute drive of the historic district and featuring a level of comfort and attention to detail that will surprise you at this price point. Convenient onsite dining featuring locally renowned full service Trotters Restaurant serving breakfast, lunch and dinner in our smoke-free hotel. Enjoy a lush outdoor pool and courtyard, extensive hot breakfast buffet with servers, free wired and wireless internet access and a modern 6,500 square foot meeting facility. Wide variety of room types and suites available to accommodate every need including Family, Luxury, and Extended Stay Suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Town & Country Inn and Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Town And Country Hotel Charleston
- Town And Country Charleston
- Charleston Country Inn