“Great Place Beautiful Rooms”

Town & Country Inn and Suites
Ranked #7 of 61 Hotels in Charleston
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Great Place Beautiful Rooms”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

This is a great place to stay. The rooms are excellent, very impressive. The hotel has everything needed, beautiful large meeting rooms and restaurant. I was very impressed with the details in the rooms even down to the Keurig coffee maker. Steve the sales manager is awesome to work with if your planing a group in the area. The motel is close to downtown Charleston but yet not squeezed in a small location. From my experience you would not be disappointed in your stay here.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Erin E, Manager at Town & Country Inn and Suites, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Thanks for your compliments on our guestrooms, restaurant, sales staff, and location. I am so glad that we exceeded your expectations. I look forward to your next visit. If there is anything I can do for you I the future please let me know.
Erin T. England - Director of Sales and Guest Satisfaction

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (315)
Doylestown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I have to say that his was probably the nicest hotel for $110.00 a night that I have EVER stayed at!!

I am guessing that it was recently renovated due to that "new hotel smell" but hey, I was very impressed with everything and everyone. The rooms were spacious, clean and nicely appointed. They have microwaves and refrigerators with Kuerig coffee makers! The beds were comfortable. They have a great pool, gym and a nice lounge. I was very impressed with Tiffany at the bar and then again in the breakfast area. She was friendly and genuinely kind.

One of the best things about staying here is the breakfast buffet and the $15.00 food and beverage vouchers you get when you check in. The buffet is one of the best I have experienced at at hotel. The bacon was actually thick an crispy instead of paper thin and greasy. The scrambled eggs were REAL and the pancakes flavorful and tasty.

Biggest bang for the buck as far as I'm concerned in Charleston. By the way, it's a VERY short drive to downtown. The price is right and the value for what you get is amazing.

When my wife and I return, we plan on staying nowhere else. We will be back!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank SHESAIDYES09
I am so impressed and thankful for your summary of our hotel in all it’s detail. Thanks for pointing out that you felt out family owned hotel was by far the “biggest bang for the buck” that you have experienced and that you will definitely be returning. If there is anything I can do for you I the future please let me know.
Cosby, Tennessee
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I stayed here recently on a business. The hotel is very well maintained, comfortable and clean. The room make you feel like an executive. Although not any larger than an ordinary hotel room, the accomodations and amenities are first class. The Keurig coffee maker, and real drinking glasses and glass walkin shower are a nice touch. There was a problem with my TV, as I only got one channel. They give you a $15 voucher which can be used in the hotel's restaurant. I used mine for breakfast. I don't know if the restaurant is under the same management as the hotel, but the service was less than satisfactory. Overall, this is a very good stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
I am so glad that our room made you feel like an executive and that you enjoyed the other nice touches you would not normally get at this price point. I was sorry to hear that you felt the service in the restaurant was not satisfactory but hope you will come back and enjoy us again. If there is anything I can do for you I the future please let me know.
Fort Mill, South Carolina
Reviewed July 15, 2013

My wife and I took a 4 day hiatus into Charleston with our toddler. We usually stay in higher end 4-5 star accommodations, but the newly renovated rooms peaked my interest mainly because we knew we would be in newer beds, and also saved us some money. I have to say, the bedding is worth the stay in this hotel, and is easily a 5 star perk that many 5 star hotels don't have. The bed was beyond expectations, soft, great linens, comfortable, and NEW, sooo comfortable, we slept so well. The bathtub opened up to the bedroom in the Jr. suite, so that you can actually watch the large TV from your bathtub, a lot like Shutters Hotel in Santa Monica, but better because it's not just a shutter that opens up, its the wall. The room was smaller than we're used to but set up really well for convenience, except for the toilet having no privacy in the bathroom. The pool was very nice and well kept, and conveniently located next to the workout room. The staff was very friendly, something that's hard to find these days, even in the higher rated resorts. The food was decent, the breakfast buffet is well worth it, especially with the voucher for registering on their site. We saved a lot, and didn't sacrifice much of anything. Very satisfied, we will be back!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank TheTravelingJohnsons
I appreciate you pointing out that our family owned and operated hotel exceeded your expectations. That means so much since you mentioned other high end properties such as Shutters which I am very familiar with myself. Thanks for letting us know that you will definitely be back! If there is anything I can do for you I the future please let me know.
Jenkintown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 14, 2013

I was told that the classic well known Town & Country of Charleston, S.C. was re-opened from a few year renovation.
I had a business meeting, I needed a spacious room which I could relax and a workspace.
Not only was the new Jacuzzi tub relaxing, the room had a 50 inch digital TV which I plugged right into my computer while working on my PowerPoint presentation.
The meals were great, buffet style and the pancakes were the best I ever had!!!
I stayed for three nights and next time I will be jumping into that great pool and use the clean workout room!
It's funny - on my flight back home I sat next to a lady who knew of T&C great brunch buffets and she was happy to hear that it was re-opened and better than ever!!!!
Thank you T&C - Your family Inn has gained another customer for life.

Room Tip: I don't know why but the door to the outside was a little loud when closing.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Brian B
Erin E, Manager at Town & Country Inn and Suites, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Thank you for pointing out that we were closed for almost 3 years while we tore down and rebuilt most of our hotel. The guestrooms are indeed new construction and your compliments on the air bath tubs, 50” HDTV’s, meals and service are much appreciated. I am glad to hear that we have a new addition to the Town & Country fold of travelers. I look forward to your next visit with us. If you should need anything in the future please do not hesitate to call 843-571-1000 and ask for me.
Reviewed July 13, 2013

We loved our stay here! It was wonderful! The beds were excellent and so were the linens! I loved the shower and all the amenities that came along with it (lotion, shampoo, soap, conditioner, and even q-tips). The bathroom supplies really were excellent and not cheap or only enough for one person like most hotel. Great towels too. Nice and plush. The staff was super nice. No complaints at all about the service. There was also a very nice restaurant in the hotel and when we booked directly through the hotel website they gave us a $15 voucher for the restaurant. The price for the location was excellent. The pool was closed for a few days while we were there but we were there for the beach not the pool. Plus, it poured rain so it really didn't matter that the pool was closed a few days. The traffic was terrible when we were there the first day it took over an hour to get to the beach but everyday after that it only took about 25-30 minutes. Bad traffic in Charleston is to be expected basically every where unless you choose to stay on the beach but you sure will pay out of pocket if you choose to do that! Great hotel!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank emmalinelouise
I am so glad that you pointed out that the little things in our hotel such as the quality of the towels and quality/quantity of the bathroom supplies have not been overlooked, under-provided or "skimped on" so to speak. Thanks as well for the compliments on the service, the food in our restaurant, Trotters, and the hotel overall. I hope we will see you again. If you should need anything in the future please do not hesitate to call 843-571-1000 and ask for me.
Wyomissing
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Loved our stay at the Town & Country...!! We just stayed for one night, but could have stayed for a week. The staff was extremely friendly and courteous. The hotel was Exceptionally clean and well appointed. The beds were sooo comfortable! We all enjoyed the pool area. We'd Highly recommend this hotel!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
We so appreciate you having such kind things to say about our family owned and operated hotel here in Charleston. Thanks for recommending us and we hope to see you again. If you should need anything in the future please do not hesitate to call 843-571-1000 and ask for me.