“Loved it!”

Town & Country Inn and Suites
Ranked #8 of 62 Hotels in Charleston
Reviewed July 9, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here for a night and we did not want to leave. Everyone was extremely nice and I even talked to the son of the family that owns the place! We were very impressed. The bed was so comfy too! Large comfy bed and we loved the large flat screen tv, along with the coffee machine in the room! The staff was helpful with directions and near by beaches and downtown. I would love to come back!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Kacee47
Erin E, Manager at Town & Country Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

I am honored by your kind words and that you took your personal time to post them. Thanks for all the compliments as they make working hard to make people happy rewarding. I really mean that. We would love to have you back and if you need anything in the future please let me know.
Erin T. England – Director of Sales and Guest Satisfaction

Write a ReviewReviews (1,652)

Reviewed July 9, 2013

One of the more enjoyable stays I've had. The other reviews pretty much sum it up. Extremely comfortable beds, great service and nice breakfast buffet. The location is a short drive to the historic district where there is ample parking at the visitor center and you can catch the free trolley. Once downtown, most attractions are within reasonable walking distance of each other if you don't feel like waiting for the next trolley. A great value when you compare the downtown hotel prices. I would definitely recommend Town and Country to my friends.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank art0421

Thank you for the strong endorsement of our family owned and operated hotel to the readers of Trip Advisor. It is very much appreciated. Thanks also saying that you would recommend us to your friends who trust that you are giving them solid advice. Please feel free to let me know if you need anything in the future and I hope you will return to see us again.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

My partner came in from out of town and we basically locked ourselves in a suite for 2 days preparing for a meeting. This place has gone through a transformation! The room, fixtures, and furniture were top notch along with the whole facility. The buffet is great and the service good. Our room was better than my last at (The Omni) Charleston Place last time I stayed there and half the cost. Easy to get to and find--close to highway and 10 minutes to downtown Charleston. I can't wait for our next stay there.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Your comments really are very much appreciated. We worked very hard to create an experience that folks would not expect for the price they are paying. Thanks for pointing out the comparison and for the compliments on the fit and finish of the guestrooms. Please feel free to let me know if you need anything in the future and I hope you will return to see us again.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Beautifully clean, very spacious and tastefully decorated rooms. Lobby, restaurant and hallways nicely decorated. Lovely outside pool area. Loved the big couches around the pool to relax on after a day in Charleston. In the room, the Keurig coffee maker was a great bonus. Beds very comfortable. Location was fine, I was a little concerned about not staying in downtown but a very easy drive and also close drive to Folly Beach. Only negative was we only had a very small window in the corner of the room overlooking the parking lot, made the room a little claustrophobic despite its size. Also couldn't figure out how they charge your credit or debit card. Seemed a little complicated with a couple of authorizations before they make the final charge. Reception staff very helpful in explaining but just seemed a strange system. However, I would definitely recommend this hotel if you want a first class hotel at affordable prices.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the pool area if they have one.
1  Thank hjane060

Your title sums up the experience we are seeking to give our guests I am so glad to hear that you felt you received a great value for your money and got a first class experience doing it! Regarding the credit/debit card process the way we place charges is how all hotels place charges the only difference is that we explain it verbally and in the check in addendum and most other hotels do not take the time to do this. We do not charge anything to your card until check out and we have made sure that you are satisfied. Please feel free to let me know if you need anything in the future and I hope you will return to see us again.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

The location of this hotel was a little away from the ole town of Charlestown. BUT it is in ideal location for the mall nearby. ALSO, it is quite close to several plantations. The front desk ladies were very nice and helpful. The room was superb. The pool was nice. We felt at home.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

I am so glad to hear that you found our location ideal and our service team so personable! Thanks also for the compliments on the guestroom and our outdoor pool courtyard. The best part was hearing that we made you feel AT HOME! Please feel free to let me know if you need anything in the future and I hope you will return to see us again.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

Previous reviews were right on, we have another night here and so very pleased with accomodations and restaurant. I hope they keep up the quality of the linens, towels, and cleanliness of this hotel in Charleston. I would love to come back in the future. Modern hotel and restaurant in building has wonderful food. The food vouchers are a nice touch make sure to get those upon booking. Other restaurants are within vicinity. It is not downtown Charleston and therefore, you don't have the "downtown pricing". I am picky about cleanliness and so is my adult daughter...no problems here.

1  Thank Carmee R
Erin E, Manager at Town & Country Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Thanks for pointing gout all that you did regarding the other reviews being right on. That shows that we are serious about making guests happy here. This is a family owned and operated hotel and we are in our fourth generation of being in the hotel business here in Charleston, SC. That matters because it shows that we are more than a slogan or gimmick…we really mean what we say when it comes to guaranteeing guest satisfaction. If there is ever anything you may need please do not hesitate to call me at 843-571-1000.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

The hotel was fabulous. Ameneties are as pictured. Only problem were the FOUR sets of charges that appeared on my credit card. Am currently contacting the hotel to see what is going on. But, I will say the hotel is very nice and is very well located. Minutes from the beaches, great food and downtown.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Hello thanks for saying that our family owned and operated hotel was Fabulous!!! We so appreciate it. I have spoken with Jennyffer in guest services who confirmed that she spoke with you and explained why the charges appeared that way on your card for the multiple guestrooms that you were paying for. The amount held for incidentals is not a charge by the hotel and will was released by the hotel upon check out. Depending on the bank/credit company who issued your card, it may take 3-5 business days to release the hold on your card on their end. If you have any further questions or would like to speak with me please call me at 843-571-1000.