Town & Country Inn and Suites
King Charles Inn(Charleston)
$219
$189
Official Website
Holiday Inn Express Charleston(Charleston)(Great Value!)
$119
Best Western Charleston Inn(Charleston)(Great Value!)
$100
Orbitz.com
1,784 results
All reviewstrotters restaurantbreakfast buffetdowntown charlestonseparate tubfood voucherkeurig coffee makerwalk in showerminute drivehotel restaurantwest ashleyfolly beachdefinitely stay here againhistoric districtbooked this hoteloutdoor pooljunior suitemini fridge
Reviewed June 28, 2013

My sister and I stayed here for 3 nights and everyone was very friendly. The outside of the hotel is okay but the inside is very nice. Our room was beautiful and big and the bed was comfortable. Everything was super clean. The glass shower door was so clean that at first at thought there was no door there. The bathroom door is heavy to open but that is the only negative I can think of. The breakfast was very good, I prefer continental eat and run to this sit down and be served version, as I'm not much of a breakfast eater, but my sister loved it. The location was only a few miles to the downtown area and the plantations. And Mt Pleasant area and the beaches only took about 35 or so minutes.
The area of the hotel itself seemed fine and there was food and shops close around it.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Connie S
Erin E, Manager at Town & Country Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

I am so glad that you and your sister had a great stay. I appreciate all the nice things you said about our family hotel and very much appreciate your business, As a side note regarding the doors.....each and every door in the hotel is solid vs. the hollow doors that are standard in other hotels of this price range. Thanks again for your stay and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

My husband and I came to Charleston to celebrate my birthday. We had a problem checking in because they couldn't find our reservation. It was hotels.com fault but the lady checking us in was more than accomodating and understood our frustration. She was so professional and kind. Sadly, I cannot recall her name but she checked us in Sunday around 3pm. The room was excellent and we really enjoyed the jets in the tub. The Keurig in the room was great as well. The bed....we wanted to take it home with us. The most comfortable relaxing sleep we've got in a hotel in a while. The restaurant in the hotel (Trotter's) was great for breakast and lunch.

As a business owner I could truly appreciate this hotel being family owned. We could truly tell by the care and courtesy displayed by everyone who works there. The next time we visit Charleston I will definitely stay here and recommend it to anyone I know going to the area as well. We loved our stay! Thanks a million :-)

Room Tip: Definitely get the suite.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LenaCarson
Erin E, Manager at Town & Country Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

I am glad to hear that as a business owner yourself you appreciated that our hotel is family owned and operated. We are not a chain and I am glad you picked up on that and the fact that we strive to go the extra mile you mentioned in your review. I am honored that you will stay with us again and thanks so very much for the kind words and encouragement. If there is anything I can do for you in the future please let me know.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

My husband and I stayed here one night and were thoroughly pleased with our room. The staff was very helpful and the breakfast buffet was very tasty. Again, this is an excellent motel with the cleanest rooms and comfy beds at a very reasonable price.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Roger R

I am glad to hear that you were thoroughly pleased with your guestroom, the staff, and our food. Thanks for pointing out that you felt we gave a great value! If there is anything I can do for you in the future please let me know.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

My family and I rented two rooms, just checked out today, and I could not find one thing that I could complain about. We found it on tripadvisor and we couldn't help but notice all the fabulous ratings and how the management takes the time to personally respond to each review. Upon arriving the exterior of the hotel was beautiful, landscape was kept, front desk was very friendly, and check-in/parking wasn't a problem. The room was bliss. The beds were heaven! The keurig was such and added bonus. When I walked in the bathroom I remember making notice of how squeaky clean the shower glass was. We took advantage of the $15 voucher to trotters for breakfast. The staff at the restaurant was over the top friendly....or at least our sweet waitress. The manager made a round to all the tables and made the guests feel welcome. As for location, I would much rather pay
1/3rd the price of most places downtown and just drive the 5 miles. Beside the hotel was a grocery store, Target, and several great restaurants. I can't wait to book it for next year!

• Stayed: June 2013

I am so glad you had a flawless stay and experienced our hotel amenities for 1/3rd the price of downtown hotel as you pointed out. I will pass along your kind words concerning the staff and most importantly that they made sure the guests felt welcome. I am sure you agree that is pretty rare these days even though it is basic common sense. Thanks as well for planning your return to our family owned hotel for next year! If there is anything I can do for you in the future please let me know.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights with two small children. I had a discussion with the manager about some special allergy concerns, and I found out that they are not just using the "Green" thing as a marketing ploy. They use all plant based detergents and cleaners, soy based inks on 100% recycled paper products, high quality florescent lighting, and a number of other things that I found to be very impressive. I was also pleased to notice that many of the things in the room were American made - ice buckets, trays, and ironing board - this makes a difference! The Keurig and bedding were decadent. I never heard a sound from the rest of the hotel. There were a few things that I noticed that could be improved; the artist in me noticed no artwork in the halls or rooms. I also missed having a luggage rack. I used to be a housekeeping manager, so I noticed a little mildew in the shower and the fact that the maids took towels away without replacing them. No big deal! Overall, this was a tasteful, pleasant, affordable way to visit Charleston, Folly Beach and Sullivan's Island.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Becca S

I appreciate you coming to our hotel with your family. We are a family of owners all working here and we love seeing other families…as a Father myself I know how important those memories are to parents and their children. Also regarding children since they are clearly the future we have really tried super hard to make sure we are doing everything possible to be environmentally conscious. This goes for recycling, inks, paper, lighting, HVAC, laundry practices and many other actions that we have taken. Thanks so very much for not only noticing our efforts but for pointing them out to the public. If there is anything I can do for you in the future please let me know.