“Very nice place to stay”

Town & Country Inn and Suites
Ranked #8 of 61 Hotels in Charleston
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Overall this was a good choice for a place to stay near historic Charleston. We made last minute reservations and the choices closer to city were either very expensive or old unpleasant looking rooms. Our room was very clean with nice amenities. The Friday night seafood buffet at the hotels restaurant was a little pricey but very much worth the price. We were too tired to go out first night and I'm glad we were because the seafood buffet was Excellent with very good food and service. The only small negatives are that it is not in a great location (not a bad location, just not a great one) and that I was mislead into thinking the photos on the hotel site were all rooms but those are just the big suites, the regular rooms are smaller. Still that is more my fault than the hotels. Price is most likely a great value as well compared to other hotels with rooms not nearly as nice. Ours was a bit expensive but that was because of Mother's Day weekend, on other dates it's quite a bit more reasonable.

Room Tip: The best rooms would most likely be the ones overlooking the pool since the rest of the rooms have p...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
7  Thank Saba_9
Erin E, Manager at Town & Country Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and had the Friday night Prime Rib and Seafood Buffet in our on-site restaurant, Trotters. Thanks also for pointing out that you felt the hotel and the restaurant were both a great value for what you received. As far as the pictures of the hotel guestrooms that are posted we feature pictures of each room type on our website as well as all other websites we are on so I am sorry you may have missed that. If there is anything I can do for you in the future please let me know.

There are newer reviews for Town & Country Inn and Suites

Reviewed May 13, 2013

I booked this hotel based on previous Trip Advisor reviews, and I was not disappointed. The property has recently been renovated, and it was in fine shape. My room was excellent, and very well appointed. Loved the TV channel listing, and the new Keurig coffee machine. The separate shower was very large. The breakfast buffet was above average, with well-fried bacon (not limp!) and great grits. The hotel was an easy 15 minute drive from downtown Charleston, and well worth the price compared to other hotels in the area.

3  Thank Chuxster51

I am so glad you liked your guestroom, the Keurig coffee makers, separate showers, and out breakfast buffet. I hope to see you on your return trip to Charleston and hope you pick us for that trip. If there is anything I can do for you in the future please let me know.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

We stayed here for a chance to get together with friends that live in Charleston the first weekend of May. Great location only minutes to the historic district. We had our 2 kids with us so we booked one of the rooms with the kitchenette in it. Very handy! The weather was rough so no using the pool. But it looked nice. The thing we noticed most about our stay was the cleanliness of the hotel and our room. Our room was toward the back of the property. Very quiet even though the hotel seemed to be pretty booked up. We received the $15 vouchers to use in the restaurant, but didn't use them as we were eating downtown with our friends. The only negative...I had left a box of Milk Duds on the nightstand and noticed it had disappeared after the first night. Hmmmm. But, overall, we'd consider staying here again for the convenience and the cleanliness.

1  Thank Steve S

Thanks for pointing out that you liked our hotel and felt the location was convenient to downtown Charleston's historic district. I also appreciate you pointing out how impressed you were with the cleanliness and quiet nature of our hotel even when fully occupied. If there is anything I can do for you in the future please let me know.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel for a quick mother's day get away with my 76 year old mom. I was hesitant to stay in DT Charleston because she has mobility issues, and I wanted to make sure we didn't have to do a great deal of walking to and from the car. I quickly discovered that it was a graduation weekend, and found it was a bit of a challenge to find a room! I am fairly particular about where I stay, and while I don't require (and don't want to pay for) top of the line accommodations, I am pretty picky.

I had never heard of this hotel, and wasn't familiar with the area at all. As other reviewers had noted, nothing about the outside was especially exciting. However, the renovated rooms are extremely nice and quite spacious. We stayed in a 2 Queen room with kitchen, and it was the most spacious room I've seen! Very nice furnishings, extremely comfortable bed, and beautiful bathroom! In fact, the only thing I found to complain about (and this is so petty!) is that there was no mirror in the room -- only in the bathroom. I think a full length mirror, possibly inside the closet door, would have been the perfect touch! One of the things I noticed was that there were ample outlets, and all were placed at eye level -- above, instead of BEHIND, furniture. WIth so many gadgets that need charging these days, that was an excellent touch.

The next morning we headed down to the breakfast buffet. Honestly, I've never seen a nicer one! It wasn't free, but the hotel had given us a voucher for $15 off in the restaurant, so two of us ate for the price of one.

THe hotel was only about a 10 minute drive from the heart of downtown. WIthin easy driving distance are many restaurants, shops, and even a nice mall in the West Ashley neighborhood. I'd definitely return!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your detailed review of our new hotel. I can see that you get what we are trying to do with this hotel which is to provide downtown quality at 1/3rd of the price. Thanks also for the compliments on the breakfast buffet, our location, and for mentioning that you would definitely return!! If there is anything I can do for you in the future please let me know.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

I asked for a quiet room , and they provided it. The location is a little bit outside Charleston proper but not real inconvenient I was very clean. There was some construction taking place in the meeting room area, while this was a distraction during breakfast. That was the worst of it. I woud stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Erin E, Manager at Town & Country Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

Thanks so much for your review and for pointing out that you would stay with us again. We are a family owned and operated hotel (not a chain) so we want to make absolutely sure each guest has a great experience. Thanks for hanging in there with us while the remaining construction wraps up and allows us to deliver a truly great hotel for our guests. If there is anything I can do for you in the future please let me know.
Erin T, England – Director of Sales and Guest Satisfaction

Reviewed May 11, 2013

I'm not going to lie...when we drove past numerous cash and title loan shops in the kind of dicey neighborhood, I was tempted to say "no way" to this hotel. We decided to check it out after all, and your front desk staff was very friendly. The room was very nice and comfortable. The beds weren't fantastic, but comfortable and had decent linens. It was nice to have both a tub and a shower in the bathroom, although room 117 needs a new showerhead! I had to lean to the right side to get the shampoo out of my hair because the flow wasn't evenly dispersed, maybe due to some mineral buildup. I did report that to the desk clerk upon checkout.

It took us about 15-20 min to get to the historical district each day from the hotel.

All in all, it was a nice hotel. We booked through AAA, so we didn't get the restaurant certificate. For the price, it would have been nice to get a bit of a continental breakfast each day.

We were a little leery again last night when we returned to the hotel around 10pm to see 3 police cars and an ambulance at the front of the hotel, with the police detaining a gentleman by the front door. Maybe this Caucasian Idaho woman is just nervous about coming across that, but I'd probably try to find a Priceline deal somewhere downtown if I returned to Charleston again. It's nothing against the hotel, just the neighborhood.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends

Thanks so much for your review of our new hotel. I will have the shower head looked at immediately in that guestroom and thank you for bringing that to our attention. I am concerned that you were initially worried about our location but am sure you probably came to realize that we are located at a major interstate exit next to a Holliday Inn Express, Hampton Inn and Suites, Ruby Tuesday etc..in our immediate area. Additionally, there are multiple fine dining locations in the Avondale area only 1 mile or so down the road. As to the ambulance you mentioned we called for emergency medical attention for one of our guests (per their request) which any hotel would do if needed. The entire length of the ambulance stay here was 6 minutes. If there is anything I can do for you in the future please let me know.
Erin T, England – Director of Sales and Guest Satisfaction

Reviewed May 11, 2013

Town & Country Inn & Suites was fantastic. We couldn't have been happier. Plush bedding; sparkling clean rooms & bathrooms. Even the hallways and lobby were immaculate. Here's a hint: if you book your room through a service, you'll receive one coupon for breakfast. If you book directly through the hotel, you'll receive three coupons for breakfast. Breakfast was great! It did get a bit busy later in the morning on Sunday. Because local people go there for breakfast too. So just go early if you're there on a weekend.

Room Tip: There are refrigerators and individual coffee cup makers in every room.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Erin E, Manager at Town & Country Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2013

Wow!! I so appreciate the time you took to let others know about your experience. I am so very happy to hear how impressed you were. I do need to point out that the cupon/voucher promotion you mentioned only applies to advance reservations that are booked directly through the hotel via our reservations department or on our website. Reservations made through to 3rd party booking companies are not eligible for this promotion. We make sure this is shown in bold at the top of our website and at the top of our Trip Advisor page and the promotion is not listed on any other websites. Thanks again for your business and I hope to meet you on your next trip to Charleston. If there is anything I can do for you in the future please let me know at 843-329-3302.