“A fine stay near Charleston”

Town & Country Inn and Suites
Ranked #8 of 62 Hotels in Charleston
Reviewed April 13, 2013

We stayed 3 nights here while visiting Charleston and some friends. The rooms were great and ours overlooked the courtyard and pool. The pool is really cold, just to let you know. The breakfast at Trotters Restaurant is good but it is not complimentary and you have to pay for it. The location is not so great because it is near probably the largest interchange in the West Ashley area. Savannah Highway is such a busy road that it is hard to take a left turn on the road. Also, our room always seemed a little chilly. Other than that, our stay here was very enjoyable and comfortable. The beds are very cozy. I recommend this place if you are visiting the area and don't want to stay in downtown Charleston. The drive from downtown to the hotel is about 15-20 minutes depending on traffic. Definitely a great stay.

Room Tip: Our room on the second level was quite chilly even when we turned up the temperature a little bit...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Tostitoman4
Erin E, Manager at Town & Country Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

Thanks for taking the tie to review our new hotel. We appreciate you pointing out how much you enjoyed the new guestrooms and the breakfast at Trotters Restaurant. I would like to point out a few items however. For guests who chose to book their stay directly through the hotel we provide a $15.00 Free Food and Beverage voucher per day of their stay which is a real and true value as we provide a real chef prepared breakfast of actual food in our popular on-site restaurant with servers, china, and silverware vs. a "free” powered egg and cold cereal breakfast one would find in other hotels of this price category. Also the distance to the city market in the heart of downtown Charleston is only 7-10 minutes straight down Highway 17 from the hotel as man y other guests have pointed out on Trip Advisor.
Erin T. England - Director of Sales and Guest Satisfaction

Write a ReviewReviews (1,694)

Reviewed April 11, 2013

Newly renovated, beautifully appointed rooms. Beds were extremely comfortable and bathrooms were very spacious. Lovely pool and quiet rooms. Perfect for the traveler with or without the family. Construction on front facade did not affect the stay Well worth the price. Breakfast buffet was very good value.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank LizBMurrellsInlet_SC
Erin E, Manager at Town & Country Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2013

I could not ask for a better review and appreciated all the compliments on the guestrooms, bedding, bathrooms, courtyard pool, and our restaurant that you pointed out. Please remember us and tell your friends to come check us out. If there is ever anything I can do for you please let me know.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

We had a lovely experience. Our suite was luxurious and tastefully decorated. The shower was huge and comfortable. The staff was courteous and efficient. The emphasis on eco-friendly concerns and use of products was most impressive. It was very quiet and conducive to relaxing and sleeping. The location is central to highways and beaches.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Roland G

I am so happy to hear of your wonderful experience in our new hotel. Thanks for pointing out how impressed you were with our large walk in showers and luxurious and tasteful decor as well as pointing out our emphasis on eco-friendly operations here at the hotel. If there is ever anything I can do for you please let me know.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Excellent value, friendly staff, buffet breakfast hot and plentiful. The rooms are comparable to some twice as expensive. Very comfortable bed and pillows . Love the keurig in the room. Spacious bathroom. Club chairs very uncomfortable. Very quiet room. I was very impressed with the cleanliness of the room and the hotel in general

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank marketst

Thanks for the plentiful compliments on the value, our staff, our restaurant, the new guestrooms, and bathrooms. Each and every word means the world to us as a family owned and operated hotel. Thanks for also pointing out about the high standards of cleanliness of the hotel and guestrooms in general. If there is ever anything I can do for you please let me know.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

I had read positive reviews on TripAdvisor about this hotel but was disappointed. When we went to check in at 5:00 pm, we were told that a room with a king sized bed (which we had reserved) was not yet available. When I told the young woman at the desk that we were supposed to be able to check in at 3:00 she became quite defensive. Also, due to construction on the outside of the building we had to park quite far away, even with suitcases which we had to lug across the parking lot.

The room was okay. We tried the buffet breakfast and that was nothing special. The coffee was pretty bad.

This place is reasonably priced but next time i would stay some where with better service.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Erin E, Manager at Town & Country Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

I am saddened to hear that your stay with us was less than you expected. I would ask that here or in any hotel you give the opportunity for us/them to make it right in advance prior to checking out. I am supremely confident that had that happened your review would be quite different. Our entire staff will bend over backwards to make sure guests are happy here and I will do anything possible to ensure guest satisfaction so please consider us again in the future. If there is anything I can do for you in the future please let me know.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Just like the other reviewers we found this hotel to be newly renovated with large rooms and bathrooms. It was also a quiet hotel with doors that do NOT slam shut and wake me up everytime someone down the hall enters/leaves their room (I think that should be code - I am a light sleeper and find it very hard to sleep in hotel rooms because of slamming doors). Staff friendly and helpful. Breakfast buffet of 7.99 was enjoyable. Kitchenette, large flat screen TV, lovely (and clean) jacuzzi tub. We had 3 parties stay here this past weekend and we ALL commented on this hotel being a winner. Would ABSOLUTELY stay here again and recommend to others. Even making a left turn out of the parking lot to head downtown wasn't all that difficult.

Room Tip: The 2 king sized rooms in our traveling group (225 and 228) were both much larger than the double qu...
Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Cinda-Mark

What a tremendous review in all aspects!!!! Wow I cannot thank you enough for pointing out all that you said about our large guestrooms and bathrooms, our doors, the staff being friendly and helpful, and the food in Trotters Restaurant. Even better that your entire group felt this way is a real compliment. We take all input form guests very seriously as this hotel is local family owned and the entire family works here….so obviously it matters to us. If there is anything I can do for you in the future please let me know.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We loved this place. The room was fabulous. It was very large, new and clean. Lots of new amenities. The shower was large and very nice. This place is just a short drive from downtown Charleston and they are remodeling, but that did'nt take away from the enjoyment, not to mention a great value in my book. Highly recommend!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank pegfan

Thanks for saying that you loved us!! What an honor!! I appreciate you pointing out how nice you felt our guestrooms and amenities were and how we had a convenient location. We are all about tremendous guest value here and giving you way more than what you would normally get for your money so thanks for pointing that out as well. If there is anything I can do for you in the future please let me know.