“Great Stay!”

Town & Country Inn and Suites
Ranked #7 of 61 Hotels in Charleston
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Despite the continued renovations, the hotel was clean and comfortable. The staff was helpful and accommodating. The hotel looks great after the renovations to the living areas. I hope the management can keep it looking as good. The distance to downtown isn't terrible. This is an affordable way for a family to stay comfortably near downtown Charleston.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Etchm
Erin E, Manager at Town & Country Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

I appreciate you pointing out that our new hotel is an affordable yet upscale and comfortable alternative to the pricing of downtown Charleston hotels yet we are only a 10 minute drive away. If there is ever anything I can do for you in the future please let me know.

Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

On our recent visit to Charleston my husband and I wanted more value in our hotel so we decided to check out Town and Country. It ROCKS!! The W and St Regis have nothing on the guest rooms at T & C!!
It is a short drive into downtown about 10-15 minutes and the parking is not a problem. Plus there is a cute neighborhood nearby with great restaurants. We loved our visit and plan to return next year.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Marelwynne

Wow!! What a cool review thank you so much. Thanks also for pointing out that just down the road in the Avondale area there are many charming and upscale restaurants as well as super casual places to go eat or have a drink. If there is ever anything I can do for you in the future please let me know.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

We read the reviews about the construction on site, but we were still surprised to see the extent of the rehab as we drove in. I have to admit that we had some initial misgivings, but we went to the lobby and were very pleasantly surprised. The lobby and common areas were all in pristine condition. Our room was towards the back of the extensive property so we were not disturbed at all by the construction in the front. The room had all the conveniences that we could have hoped for .... refrigerator, microwave, Keurig coffee maker, etc. It was tastefully furnished with neutral colors and had ample space for all of our belongings. We had a walk-in shower as well as a standard bathtub. We were given coupons for their hot breakfast buffet which we took advantage of although I would have also appreciated some cold selections such as yogurt and fresh fruit. Still, it was nice to have the option to have breakfast on the property. Overall, we could highly recommend this hotel based on our experience. We were able to extend our stay in Charleston because this hotel was so reasonably priced.

Room Tip: The standard room had more than adequate space and amenities. We stayed toward the back of the prope...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for extending your stay with us and pointing out what a great value you received. Also thanks for the compliments you gave us on the new guestrooms as well as the food service here in the hotel. If there is ever anything I can do for you in the future please let me know.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

Just like everyone has said-a great place to stay. It took 3 times up and down the street to actually find it-the sign is dim and they are remodeling the front. Once inside it is a complete surprise. It is bright and clean and the staff is friendly. The rooms are newly remodeled and are kept up. Even a free standing shower! We got a voucher for breakfast in the atached resturant-very good. When they are full parking can get difficult. Would stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends

I apologize that while our large electronic road sign was being removed and replaced with our new one you thought we were difficult to find. We are located at the stoplit intersection of Savannah Highway and Orleans Road. Otherwise I am glad you had a great stay wiht us. If there is ever anything I can do for you in the future please let me know.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

This is our 3rd visit in six months. Continues to shine. Great renovated 5 star rooms. We have stayed in double, junior suite and suite. All great values. Staff is great. Somebody has been doing some real training. Pleasant and helpful from housekeepers, front office, restaurant to management. Breakfast is Their Best Kept Secret. Full fresh monster buffet basically for free. Unlike other "budget" hotels. This family also owns very upscale hotels downtown and they know what they are doing. Local folks. No chain here.
Don't worry you are not in downtown. It is five quick miles away. We used to stay downtown.
Not now.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Your repeat business is the most impressive compliment. Many…..Many thanks to you our valued guest for your loyalty. This is a family owned and operated hotel and as you may be aware we all work here. If there is ever anything I can do for you in the future please let me know.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

I had a meeting in Charleston and the hotels in the historic district were cost prohibitive over the weekend due to events going on. I came in a few days early to sightsee before the meeting and picked this hotel for the days I was paying for based in the Trip Advisor reviews. All I can say was they were right! The hotel is finishing up an extensive remodel and they are on the last stage of the front facade. Currently the front of the hotel is covered in scaffolding. The room was great. Very large with a king size bed, two chairs and a big desk. There is a flat screen TV and free wi-fi. The bathroom had a soaking tub and a walk in shower. The hotel provided a voucher for the hotel restaurant that covered the breakfast buffet each morning. The only downside to this hotel is that you need to have a car to get into the historic district about 10-15 minutes away. After the two days I paid for I switched to the meeting hotel where I didn't need a car. I can say that if I come back here on my own I would definitely stay at Town & Country Inn and Suites again. There is such a big difference in price and I don't mind driving into town.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Maysen

Thank you for point out that if you were paying you would pick our hotel and also for pointing out why. If there is ever anything I can do for you in the future please let me know.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

We stayed for 2 nights and were most surprised to find exactly what was advertised. Exceptionally clean, comfortable rooms at a great value! The staff was courteous and accommodating. The location was just a few miles from downtown Charleston.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Thanks for recognizing that we mean what we say when we talk about our property and that it is truly what the guest receives….. I appreciate the compliments that you gave on the staff, the guestrooms, and our convenient location to downtown Charleston. If there is ever anything I can do for you in the future please let me know.