“Another GREAT stay”

Town & Country Inn and Suites
Ranked #8 of 62 Hotels in Charleston
Reviewed March 28, 2013

This is our 3rd visit in six months. Continues to shine. Great renovated 5 star rooms. We have stayed in double, junior suite and suite. All great values. Staff is great. Somebody has been doing some real training. Pleasant and helpful from housekeepers, front office, restaurant to management. Breakfast is Their Best Kept Secret. Full fresh monster buffet basically for free. Unlike other "budget" hotels. This family also owns very upscale hotels downtown and they know what they are doing. Local folks. No chain here.
Don't worry you are not in downtown. It is five quick miles away. We used to stay downtown.
Not now.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Erin E, Manager at Town & Country Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

Your repeat business is the most impressive compliment. Many…..Many thanks to you our valued guest for your loyalty. This is a family owned and operated hotel and as you may be aware we all work here. If there is ever anything I can do for you in the future please let me know.
Erin T. England - Director of Sales and Guest Satisfaction

Write a ReviewReviews (1,652)

Reviewed March 26, 2013

I had a meeting in Charleston and the hotels in the historic district were cost prohibitive over the weekend due to events going on. I came in a few days early to sightsee before the meeting and picked this hotel for the days I was paying for based in the Trip Advisor reviews. All I can say was they were right! The hotel is finishing up an extensive remodel and they are on the last stage of the front facade. Currently the front of the hotel is covered in scaffolding. The room was great. Very large with a king size bed, two chairs and a big desk. There is a flat screen TV and free wi-fi. The bathroom had a soaking tub and a walk in shower. The hotel provided a voucher for the hotel restaurant that covered the breakfast buffet each morning. The only downside to this hotel is that you need to have a car to get into the historic district about 10-15 minutes away. After the two days I paid for I switched to the meeting hotel where I didn't need a car. I can say that if I come back here on my own I would definitely stay at Town & Country Inn and Suites again. There is such a big difference in price and I don't mind driving into town.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Maysen

Thank you for point out that if you were paying you would pick our hotel and also for pointing out why. If there is ever anything I can do for you in the future please let me know.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

We stayed for 2 nights and were most surprised to find exactly what was advertised. Exceptionally clean, comfortable rooms at a great value! The staff was courteous and accommodating. The location was just a few miles from downtown Charleston.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Thanks for recognizing that we mean what we say when we talk about our property and that it is truly what the guest receives….. I appreciate the compliments that you gave on the staff, the guestrooms, and our convenient location to downtown Charleston. If there is ever anything I can do for you in the future please let me know.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

We traveled from Texas and stayed 4 nights at this remarkable hotel. Staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful and made our stay in Charleston one to remember. Rooms were immaculately clean and very spacious with exceptional upgrades. Flat screen televisions, separate shower and tub, refrigerator and microwave made these rooms the best we experienced on our trip. The meals we ate at the restaurant were the tastiest meals we had in Charleston. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Charleston for any occasion. Don't allow the exterior renovations to deter you from finding the best kept secret in Charleston.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Thanks for the kind words on our newly built hotel and currently under renovation lobby. I am so glad you fell we are the best kept secret in Charleston and were impressed by the guestrooms, the food, and our service. If there is ever anything I can do for you in the future please let me know.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

After traveling across 4 states and staying in some marginal hotels that were not at all cheap, we were downright shocked and overjoyed at the lavishness of the lobby, the halls and most importantly our room at Town & Country! On top of that, the staff was exceptionally accommodating and friendly (we actually extended our stay it was so nice). We couldn't find even one thing to complain about, and trust me, I'm picky as heck. I believe the reason this hotel was so exceptional is that it isn't part of one of the chains. If you get the opportunity, don't pass on this great place. We won't stay anywhere else next time we visit Charleston! Oh, and don't pass up the great food in their restaurant, especially the chopped steak and breakfast buffet (also reasonably priced).

Room Tip: There are no bad rooms, and I think they have a motel section in the back. (Don't believe there...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

To hear that you were overjoyed at the accommodations, service, and food in our new hotel is truly an honor. You are right that we are not a chain but instead a family owned and operated property by folks who have been in the hotel business here in Charleston for four consecutive generations. We all work here... so we care about our guests and bend over backwards to make sure everyone is happy at all costs. Thanks so much for recognizing this!

Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights and were ecstatic about our accommodations. The King Jr Airbath suite was exceptionally comfortable and romantic--and the price was outstanding. We were about 20 minutes from downtown Charleston and 15 minutes from a large outlet mall. With all of the public parking available downtown, there is no need to stay there. The hotel was in a quiet area very close to the interstate. We definitely will be staying here again!

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank lesmithtrea

You said it all...thanks so much. I am so happy to hear that you were Ecstatic about your stay! If there is ever anything I can do for you please let me know.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

Stayed here on the way back home from Miami to Michigan. The rooms have recently been remodeled as was the whole interior and exterior of the inn making this feel like a 5 star hotel.Parts of the exterior are still being worked on but not a issue in the rooms. The pool area was great as was the Trotters restaurant. Great place to stay ,close to downtown but not downtown prices.

Room Tip: all rooms are large and bathrooms are huge with tub and stall shower big enough for 2
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

I am so glad to hear that you found our new hotel to be beyond your expectations and and your experience wonderful. Thanks for saying it felt like a Five Star hotel as well as the compliments on our restaurant and pool patio.