Town & Country Inn and Suites
King Charles Inn(Charleston)
$219
$189
Official Website
Holiday Inn Express Charleston(Charleston)(Great Value!)
$119
Best Western Charleston Inn(Charleston)(Great Value!)
$100
1,784 results
All reviewstrotters restaurantbreakfast buffetdowntown charlestonseparate tubfood voucherkeurig coffee makerwalk in showerminute drivehotel restaurantwest ashleyfolly beachdefinitely stay here againhistoric districtbooked this hoteloutdoor pooljunior suitemini fridge
Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights and were ecstatic about our accommodations. The King Jr Airbath suite was exceptionally comfortable and romantic--and the price was outstanding. We were about 20 minutes from downtown Charleston and 15 minutes from a large outlet mall. With all of the public parking available downtown, there is no need to stay there. The hotel was in a quiet area very close to the interstate. We definitely will be staying here again!

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank lesmithtrea
Erin E, Manager at Town & Country Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

You said it all...thanks so much. I am so happy to hear that you were Ecstatic about your stay! If there is ever anything I can do for you please let me know.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

Stayed here on the way back home from Miami to Michigan. The rooms have recently been remodeled as was the whole interior and exterior of the inn making this feel like a 5 star hotel.Parts of the exterior are still being worked on but not a issue in the rooms. The pool area was great as was the Trotters restaurant. Great place to stay ,close to downtown but not downtown prices.

Room Tip: all rooms are large and bathrooms are huge with tub and stall shower big enough for 2
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

I am so glad to hear that you found our new hotel to be beyond your expectations and and your experience wonderful. Thanks for saying it felt like a Five Star hotel as well as the compliments on our restaurant and pool patio.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

Don't let the "oyster shell" of construction discourage you from enjoying the beautiful pearl of the inside of this hotel. Gorgeous room, very comfortable bed and shower head was high enough for my 6'6 husband. Best part was price. You won't find a better value.

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank SusanD1212

We so appreciate your comments on what a great value you experienced here at our new hotel. Please come back and see us again. If there is anything I can do for you in the future please let me know!

Reviewed March 17, 2013

In previous visits to Charleston I stayed downtown. There is a surprising range of room qualities (and prices) available there. I stayed in one place cheap enough to make me worry about bedbugs, and I have stayed in a very fine b&b that had a last minute special.

The Town and Country offers rooms that are large, clean, and quiet--really comparable to a midrange downtown place, but for 30-50% less. The drive down Savannah Hwy is quick (except maybe at rush hour), and you can even pay your respects at a new historical site--the heartbreakingly simple memorial to the nine Chas firemen killed in the line of duty 2007. The T&C's breakfast is fine, maybe a little pricy, but on the way downtown you pass a diner and several bakeries. If you stay out here, probably the best place to eat is the Glass Onion, and the La Fontana is quite good for Italian.

The service at the T&C is really on the ball. My interactions with the front desk before we arrived went smoothly, and it was no problem at all chatting with housekeeping about what to do in the room (we usually pass on getting it cleaned during a multi-night visit). Beds are comfortable and the bathroom was really nice--a shower AND a bathtub. For fellow amateur plumbers, note that the toilets are by Toto, the best. Wifi connectivity was not quite ok--I don't know if my machine was trying to switch from one room's router to another, but the signal dropping was annoying. On the other hand, who comes to Charleston to fiddle around on the internet?

Overall, very nice. Next time I come to Charleston with a car, I'll probably stay here.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Bob_the_Professor
Erin E, Manager at Town & Country Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Well you said it all. We so appreciate your compliments and are honored by the. You are obviously someone who appreciates quality AND value. Thanks for your business and we hope to serve you again in the future. If you need anything please do not hesitate to call me at 843-329-3302.
Erin T. England – Director of Sales and Guest Satisfaction

Reviewed March 17, 2013

From check in to check out we received excellent customer service! Hotel is under renovation on exterior, but interior renovations are beautiful. The rooms are incredibly comfortable and upscale for price paid. On our last evening we asked to be moved due to odor coming through ventilation in bathroom. We were greeted by housekeeping and moved to a new room (upgraded) within 10 minutes of our call to the front desk. This hotel is conveniently located to airport & downtown Charleston. I highly recommend this hotel and will return on my next trip to Charleston area.

Room Tip: Choose the upgrade to Jr. Suite for the few extra dollars, well worth it!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DavCanRoss

We (the owners, managers and the operators) are a 4th consecutive generation hotel family here in Charleston, SC. We are not a chain but locals who pride ourselves on customer service as it has generally disappeared from the modern world. Thanks so much for your complements in that area! Thanks for also saying how upscale the rooms were for the price and that they were incredibly comfortable. Finally we are honored that you would choose to stay with us again. If there is anything that I can do for you in the future please let me know.