“Cute place, good location, great price!!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Town & Country Inn and Suites

Town & Country Inn and Suites
Ranked #10 of 60 Hotels in Charleston
“Cute place, good location, great price!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

This place was cute, nice clean updated rooms. Very spacious bathrooms, comfy bed and linens. Great place to set up shop while you explore beautiful Charleston at a fraction of the cost. Loved the Keurig. They are doing renovations but they weren't bothersome. Front desk staff was friendly...only complaint is there was no full length mirror in the room. Definitely need something that will do the trick!

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sarah S
Erin E, Manager at Town & Country Inn and Suites, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
We very much appreciate your review of the hotel and appreciate all the compliments that you gave us. I can assure you that we have indeed ordered full length mirrors for the guestrooms, which at our low price range, is extremely unusual and will be a surprise to most guests. Those full length mirrors had to be custom made to fit in the dimensions that we needed to they are taking a long time. We hope to have them installed by June of this year. Thanks again for your wonderful review.
Erin T. England - Director of Sales and Guest Satisfaction

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (300)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

What a gem, this hotel gives you downtown quality at a much better rate. Beautiful newly renovated rooms, excellent decor with great beds. The bathrooms are phenomenal, not to mention the big screen TV as well as the Keurig coffeemaker. Close to downtown and near Kiawah and Seabrook and a block away from the I-526 connector and Citadel Mall. It has everything. My wife and I stayed in the Ashley suite, what a treat. The food was excellent in the restaurant and the staff lived up to Charleston's billing as the friendliest city in the US. We will return to this wonderful hotel again.

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank stickthib
Thanks for your wonderful review of our new hotel. We are so glad you feel we are the best kept secret in Charleston and that you had a fantastic stay. Thanks again for the compliments!
IF there is ever anything I can do for you in the future please let me know.
Columbia, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

If you are looking for a really good hotel, do yourself a favor and stay here. Most folks like to stay downtown, but here is a quality hotel at less than downtown prices. The hotel is new, modern and very clean. The bedding and the decor are first class. Everything from the bath to the television, to the Keurig coffee maker are top notch. The staff could not have been nicer. The food at the restaurant is excellent and the good news is that it is close to downtown and also about a block away from the I-526 connector entrance on the Savannah Highway. Kiawah Island and Seabrook are very close and the Citadel Mall is right behind the property. My wife and I were fortunate to book the Ashley suite, all I can say is that I have stayed in first class hotels in New York and San Francisco and this suite was nicer and more spacious. We will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: You cannot go wrong with the Ashley suite.
1 Thank Stick T
IF there is ever anything I can do for you in the future please let me know.
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013

Stayed here for four nights while visiting Charleston. There were few surprises. Everything I read about this property on tripadvisor was true. I would say the best things about this hotel were that the interior, having been recently refurbished was very clean and modern. There was nothing that was shabby or worn. We requested and received a wheelchair accessible room/bathroom. It was as stated on the website and there was a shower chair as requested. Very roomy and no difficulties. The king bed was very comfortable except the pillows were way to large (personal preference there) .There were only three minor disappointing factors and I only inquired about one of them so don't get me wrong, I did not give management the opportunity to rectify. I am definitely of the mindset that if you don't ask, you don't get. I did not complain because in my mind they were just, at the time, not that important. The one I did make a phone call about was the exhaust fan in the bathroom. It stays on continually. For someone with sensitive hearing or sleeping problems that might be a real issue. For us, we just closed the bathroom door and it pretty much dissolved into the background. I was told it was some sort of 'natural' fan that was supposed to be on continually. Management did ask if it was too loud and did offer to have someone come and take a look at it so whether it could have been disconnected or not, I do not know. I appreciate that there was good exhaust in the bathroom, there was no problem with steam from the shower, it pretty much dissipated immediately. After returning to our room after our first day out, the towels had been replaced and the bed very hastily made but the coffee service had not been refreshed nor did we have clean glasses/cups. I have no idea why this happened because on subsequent days the room was made up as you would expect. Again, when it happened, I did not let management know, had it happened again, I definitely would have called. I did receive four vouchers ($15/day) for food in the restaurant. We used these for one dinner and three breakfasts. We still ending up paying around $10./day for breakfast because we both drank coffee and it was $2.50/person. So with tax and tip it was that much extra even though the breakfast buffet was around $7.00. The breakfast buffet was a typical hot buffet with pancakes, eggs, bacon, fruit, juice, biscuits, the whole southern type of breakfast. It was nothing to rave about except it was free. The people at the front desk and the restaurant were very pleasant. They are still working on the outside of the building but it was not a problem for parking or otherwise. They did have the courtyard pool locked because they were still working on that part of the roof. We had two very sunny days and it would have been nice to just sit by the pool and enjoy the sunshine. We did not use the fitness center or laundry but they looked very adequate; the fitness center had several large cardio pieces, weights and a TV. We appreciated the room safe which was big enough for the laptap, ipad, etc. the fridge and microwave. The room rate with AARP discount was $75.00. Considering the rates of the in town hotels this was a real bargain and you are only five minutes from the downtown area. There is bus service into Charleston so keep that in mind if you do not want to pay for parking which runs about $2.00 an hour in most of the lots we used. We did shop at the Citadel Mall which is nearby and easy to get to. There is other shopping (grocery) in the areas as well as an abundance of restaurants as well. It is close to the interstate and easy to find.

Room Tip: Our room was at the very rear of the property and was quiet as there seemed to be few people staying...
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Georgiagirl47
Erin E, Manager at Town & Country Inn and Suites, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to submit such a detailed review of our new hotel. Just a heads up on those reading that the bathroom noise being referred to in this review is an advanced dehumidification system that clears the bathroom of steam to prevent mold and musty odors form accumulating. I am glad that you felt our hotel was a real bargain and that you would return again.
Erin T. England – Director of Sales and Guest Satisfaction
Killeen, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

This hotel was awesome! They are currently remodeling so there is some construction in the front, but that will not hinder the experience. Everything about this hotel was a great experience. When looking for a place to stay Charleston can be expensive if you are planning to stay downtown. However, I would recommend this hotel to everyone and I definitely plan to stay here anytime I come to town. The rooms are beautiful and spacious. The café within the lobby serves good food and there are few good places to eat within walking distance. The Citadel Mall is around the corner and a cab into downtown is only about 8-10 minutes away if that. This is definitely a hotel to consider if you are planning to be in town.

1 Thank armycaramel
I am so glad that you felt that everything about our hotel was a great experience. We are also honored by your compliments on the restaurant and our convenient location. Please let me know if there is anything that I can do for you in the future.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

First time in Charleston and we chose this hotel based on the reviews from TripAdvisor and we could not have been more pleased! The Bed comfortable, The Bathroom clean and updated (shower a little slippery), The Kitchenette-microwave,fridge and Keurig coffee. Good location not far from downtown. Hotel staff friendly and knowledgeable. Breakfast was awesome. Love this place.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank MONEY22
Thanks for the incredible review. We greatly appreciate it! Please keep us in mind and come back to see us if your travels bring you back to the Charles area! If there is anything I can do for you in the future please let me know.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

Okay, so you are probably thinking Town and Country Inn and Suites? Why would I stay there when I could stay downtown historic Charleston? We chose this hotel based on the reviews from tripadvisor and we could not have been more pleased! We got a corner room kitchen suite and the room was spectacular. If you want a beautiful, spacious and clean room then stay here! The room was huge with a kitchen that had a standard size refrigerator, sink, and microwave. It also had a keurig and granite countertops. The bathroom was also spacious with a bathtub and stand up shower. The beds were very comfortable and clean. Overall, It was extremely comfortable and relaxing. The quality and cleanliness were comparable to a luxury hotel. You could not have asked for a better room for the price. Is the location perfect? Not exactly. It is located on a main highway and is about a 10 minute drive to downtown. Also, if you are looking for a hotel with ambiance and extra amenities this is not the place for you. But, if you are looking simply for a really nice place to stay while you go out to see the beautiful city of Charleston then this is the hotel for you!

• Stayed February 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
8 Thank amacalu
Erin E, Manager at Town & Country Inn and Suites, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
I am over the moon to hear that you get what we are trying to do here.....provide "downtown like" services and guestrooms at 1/3 of the price. Thanks for pointing out all the items that we planned into the rooms and letting folks know that you thought this was a really nice place to stay and enjoy Charleston. If there is anything I can do for you in the future please let me know.