1,863 results
All reviewstrotters restaurantbreakfast buffetdowntown charlestonseparate tubfood voucherkeurig coffee makerwalk in showerminute drivehotel restaurantwest ashleyan easy drivefolly beachdefinitely stay here againhistoric districtbooked this hoteloutdoor poolmini fridge
Reviewed December 30, 2012

We just spent three nights in your hotel and overall it was a good experience. Our room was very clean and the bed was comfortable. Our room was far enough in the back you could not hear the road noise. Most of the staff was friendly with the exception of one woman on duty the night we checked in 12/27/12. Her vocabulary consisted of one word "NO" and she was very unfriendly. The only other concern I have is the "pet friendly" issue. I hope there are a certain selection of rooms that applies to as I am allergic to dog dander. Also someone brought their dog into Trotter's for breakfast and I'm sure that is against health inspection code!

Room Tip: King Jr. suite is perfect for couples.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sharon t
Erin E, Manager at Town & Country Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our new hotel. I am terribly sorry to hear that you were not pleased wih one of our guest services representatives. I will take care of that issue promtly. Regarding pets please do not worry as we no longer allow pets in the hotel. I appreciate your concern for the dog being in the restaurant that day but allow me to point out that the dog you mentioned was a service animal so we cannot deny access based on a service animal being present.

Reviewed December 29, 2012

Very surprised to find hotel under renovation but once pass the entrance, the rooms have been completed with up scale renovation in traditional style. King executive is very roomy with marble top furniture, large screen t.v.s and roomy baths with separate showers and tub baths.
Tray ceilings with wonderful down duvets give rooms beautiful styling. Parking areas off front on cluster parking close to elevator locations. Staff very accommodating.
While under renovation reduced pricing much appreciated.
Dining and bar on sites...complementary breakfast not included but meal vouchers offered.
Buffet breakfast on Sunday.

Room Tip: Back section very private with parking access to elevators.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank journalist2

Thanks so much for your compliments of our new hotel. I am so very pleased to hear that you had a great stay with us and appreciated the quality we provide our guests for the price you pay. If there is anything I can do for you in the future please let me know.

Reviewed December 29, 2012

The rooms are great for the price as they are brand new. They are well appointed and spacious. It's a short drive to downtown.
The front desk didn't have any travel toothpaste for guests. I think this is weird because I've stayed at budget motels that at least offer free sundries.
Also on the website it says you get $15 voucher for the attached restaurant, Trotters, every night you stay. I was told that I couldn't get one because I was a walk-in reservation. But the website didn't state any restrictions regarding this.
Overall I would stay again when in the area.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Thanks so much for your review of our new hotel. I am sorry to hear that toothpaste was not made available to you upon your request. This is of course not what shouold have happened and I will take care of it immediately. Regarding the $15.00 Food and Beverage vouchers those are eligable only to guests who make advance reservations through the hotel over our website or call in by telephone as our Trip Advisor ad and our website both outline in detail.

Reviewed December 27, 2012

I'm literally here inside the room writing this.. I couldn't wait. That's how amazing our experience has been and we just got here. First off the service is amazing. The front desk clerk Amanda (nights) was SO kind to us! We called on the phone, she guided us here and she even saw us arrive and walked out to open the door for us! We were moved. We had been driving all night. She was so nice to us and accommodating! Put us in a new room, helped us redeem out breakfast certificate (from Trip Advisor). The rooms are crazy beautiful for the price. The bed looks like its from the Hyatt and feels like a dream. HUGE SHOWER. Vaulted ceilings, track lighting, clean, small tub though. But awesome and very comfortable rooms with coffee machines too. She even gave us late checkout and we didn't have to ask! Haha... Wow!

Huge flat screen TV too. We're so happy we came here! Don't let the weird renovations outside fool you. This place is a diamond. Thanks Amanda and trip advisor!!

• Stayed: December 2012
Erin E, Manager at Town & Country Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2013

I am so glad to hear that you felt our new hotel is a "Diamond" and that the rooms are "Crazy Beautiful For The Price". I hope you will choose us again in the future should you come to visit the Charleston, SC area!

Reviewed December 27, 2012 via mobile

This was one of the worst night stays I have ever had. Yes, the hotel is new and clean. It is also incredibly noisy. The constant slamming of the nearby exterior door woke me up very early and did not let me fall back asleep. Then the housekeeping staff started talking and laughing in the hall for about 20 minutes. Then there was a mystery noise that sounded like a vacuum being run. I actually laughed at that point because why wouldn't they vacuum in the morning?!

Also, the bed was really uncomfortable as were the pillows. I woke up with a neck ache and a headache.

Do. Not. Stay. Here.

• Stayed: December 2012
5  Thank Whatjaimesaid

I am terribly sorry to hear on Trip Advisor that you felt your experience with us was not what you wanted it to be. That is very disappointing to us all here at the hotel. We normally receive rave reviews for our bedding and pillows as the other reviews display. Please contact me ASAP at 843-329-3302 so I can make it right for you.
Erin England - Director of Sales and Guest Satisfaction