“Great rooms!”

Ranked #8 of 61 Hotels in Charleston
Munich
“Great rooms!”
Reviewed November 21, 2012

We booked the hotel because of its great Tripadvisor ratings and were really happy with our choice!

The hotel was newly renovated so everything was new and clean, it was really pleasant. Especially the bed (thank you, for the duvet - finally a hotel that does not just simply lay a blanket over some loose sheets, were one tries to avoid touching it, but a covered duvet!) and the bathroom (walk in shower and bathtub!) stood out. There was no noise from the highway or the renovations audible in our rooms.

The service was really nice, full marks! Furthermore the location was also very good. Very easy to access and just a 15min ride to Downtown.

Just one remark: for breakfast vouchers were included in the price. As you get only one voucer for breakfast (value is at 10$), breakfast can get a bit more expensive than expected - especially because coffee is not included. While the breakfast was good - lots of choices (pancakes, sausages, eggs, ...) I am not a fan of 'excluding' breakfast from the room price. If breakfast is not included and a voucher is given I find it not a really good idea to not include coffee. I know you can make yourself coffee in the room, but it's not the same. To me coffee is a basic, THE basic of breakfast. I would have liked to get my morning coffee for free.

Other than that the stay was really great, I'd recommend the hotel to any friend who cannot or doesn't want to stay downtown.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Erin E, Manager at Town & Country Inn and Suites, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
Thank you so much for your review! I am glad you were happy with your choice to stay with us and am so pleased that you thought highly of our new guestrooms, the service you received and our convenient location to downtown Charleston. Please let me point out a few things to keep in mind regarding food service and our value plan. Part of the value offering at our hotel is that our guestrooms are priced at limited service pricing yet we still provide full service hotel amenities including a large and locally popular restaurant onsite. Our restaurant, Trotters, serves a gigantic hot buffett style breakfast with actual waiters, real china, and silverware instead of a "free" breakfast one might find in a limited service hotel that would naturally not include any of the above items. Since we provide that optional guest amenity we must charge for those who choose to have our large breakfast BUT as part of our value plan we give a $15 per day Food and Beverage credit to those guests who book directly with the hotel vs a $10 per day credit for those who book through an online travel agent. I very much appreciate your stay with us and I sincerely hope you will select us again in the future.
Erin T. England - Director of Sales and Guest Satisfaction

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (310)
Georgia
Reviewed November 20, 2012

We attended a Couples Retreat here...what an absolutely wonderful experience all the way around! I highly recommend this hotel!! Very friendly and helpful staff. The hotel itself is already gorgeous and they're renovating. Our room was very clean and spacious--had a nice sitting area, huge flat screen TV, refrigerator, microwave, a Keurig, gorgeous bathroom, and the bed was soooooooo comfortable...let's just say I'd love to have that bed, linen, and pillows in my bedroom!!! We also enjoyed the FULL buffet breakfast--too many delicious items to name--and if you like cheesecake (with strawberries) and carrot cake, be sure to try some...with your Keurig coffee or tea in your room...yummmmmm!! Would definitely stay there again!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
I am so glad to learn of your wonderful experience with us! We have strived to make our new hotel as comfortable and stocked with full service amenities just as you would find in a much more expensive full service hotel and I am so glad that you feel you got a great value. I look forward to serving you again in the future!
Erin T. England - Directof of Sales and Guest Satisfaction
Johns Island, South Carolina
Reviewed November 20, 2012

My wife and I recently had the pleasure of staying in the Ashley Suite for our anniversary. This is also the same hotel we stayed in on the night we got married twelve years ago. The rebuild of this hotel has brought it up to date with no short cuts. The rooms are luxurious, the bathroom was AWESOME, the linens are fresh and the service of the staff was beyond accommodating. We ordered breakfast room service and the food was great. All in all, this is five star accommodations at less than five star pricing - and it is close to downtown Charleston, West Ashley and North Charleston shopping as well as being conveniently located as to the Charleston Airport. Would stay here again anytime I am lodging in Charleston, SC.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Erin E, Manager at Town & Country Inn and Suites, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Thanks for honoring us again with your selection for your anniversary stay. I am so glad to hear that our newly rebuilt hotel gave the feel of Five Star quality and service at at affordable price. Thanks also for the compliments on the bathrooms, bedding and the room service you ordered. Repeat guests such as yourself are the highest compliement we could have so thanks again for this honor! Please contact me directly for your next stay at 843-329-3302 and I will be glad to make any special arrangements you may desire.
Novato
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Thank you Tripadvisor community for this recommendation. This place is a hidden gem!
Don't be fooled by the "facelift" the hotel is undergoing. The rooms are completely renovated and beautiful. Modern with every convenience...best bed, pillows, and linen ever. The bathroom is gorgeous, the 37 inch flat screen TV is fabulous. I've stayed at 5 star hotels not as comfortable as this hotel. It may seem out of the way, but it only took us 10 minutes to get to downtown Savannah for dinner. This is simply a wonderful hotel.

Room Tip: Ignore the construction outside, the location is an easy commute to downtown.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
I am honored by your wonderful review of our new hotel. Thanks for letting us know that you found us on TripAdvisor and that you had an exceptional experience during your stay with us. I am so glad that we exceeded your expectations! If there is anything I can do for you in the future please don't hesitate to call me at 843-329-3302.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed November 15, 2012

We stayed 3 nights and wanted to stay for many more. The rooms were newly redone with beautiful decorating, well designed, expensive comfortable furnishings, very comfortable beds, pillows and linens, excellent large HD TV, Keurig individual coffee & tea maker, wonderful step in shower with a separate tub. Staff through out were very friendly, professional and helpful. The location is convenient to historic Charlston.

This hotel has a very expensive feel, yet one of the best values I have ever experienced. Highly recommend this hotel.

1 Thank Jerry F
Erin E, Manager at Town & Country Inn and Suites, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
I love the title of your review! Your compliments on the new guestrooms, the design and decor, linens and pillows, expensive furnishings, coffee service and bathrooms were very much appreciated. Your praise of the staff here is also very much appreciated and I will let them know of your noticing it. Thanks for pointing out that the hotel has a very expensive feel but that you felt it was one of the best values you have ever experienced. If there is ever anything I can do for you please contact me at 843-329-3302.
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed November 14, 2012

After having a horrible experience with a nearby hotel, we checked out early and began looking elswhere. Not half a mile away we found the Town & Country Inn and Suites and were smart enough to check TripAdvisor this time. The reviews sold us.

This is a really, really great new hotel. Don't let the construction outside fool you. Everything is fresh and new, and as you'll see mentioned in other reviews, the service is OUTSTANDING. Everyone is very nice.

There are security cameras all over the building and in the hallways, which made us feel excessively safe and free of worry from car break-ins. We didn't try out the pool, but it looked very nice.

Be sure to ask for AAA rates if applicable. We also received $15 vouchers for breakfast or dinner at the in-house restaurant.

During our honeymoon, we stayed at four hotels (one in Nashville, one in Asheville, two in Charleston) and of the four this one was by far the best - the cleanest, friendliest, best priced and best valued. And of the four, its the only mattress that didn't leave us with sore backs!

A+++

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a room with a fridge + microwave, which is what we did.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
I am honored by the A+++ ratiugn that you gave us.....
Having had a very similar experience at the start of my own honeymoon I can sympathize and relate to your review very well. I am so glad you found us and we made you feel valued with our upscale, clean, and safe environment here in the new hotel. When you come back to Charleston please think of us again. My direct number is 843-329-3302 if you need anything in the future.
Charlotte, NC
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Stayed here only 1 night. I wish I had been able to stay longer. There is construction going on at the front of the hotel...don't let that put you off. The hotel is beautiful inside. Everything is new and fresh. The rooms are large and you will feel like you are in a very expensive hotel room. Large shower, Keurig coffee maker, environmentally friendly soaps and cups. Breakfast buffet was great and with the $15 voucher that we received, it cost $5 for 2 people to eat the buffet and that included the tip!

2 Thank charlottenc96
Erin E, Manager at Town & Country Inn and Suites, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
I am glad that you agree wiht our philisophy that when you get overwhelming value it makes a memorable impression. Your fantastic review was an honor to read and thanks for pointing out the $15 per day Food and Beverage voucher that we give to Guests who book directly through our hotel. I look forward to having you again as our Guest!