1,864 results
All reviewstrotters restaurantbreakfast buffetdowntown charlestonseparate tubfood voucherkeurig coffee makerwalk in showerminute drivehotel restaurantwest ashleyan easy drivefolly beachdefinitely stay here againhistoric districtbooked this hoteloutdoor poolmini fridge
Reviewed October 20, 2012

I recently stayed here with my adult daughter for four nights. We were very impressed with the customer service provided by the managers whenever we needed assistance. Standard rooms have Keurig coffee makers (you have to ask for tea bags and just use water for tea), small refrigerators, and a small microwave. The bedding and bathroom are what you would expect in a much more expensive hotel. Access to the historic area, plantations, and beaches is very easy so we saved a significant amount of money over the historic district hotels. We received only a $10.00 per day meal credit, which was not enough to cover breakfast for two people plus coffee and tea are not included in the cost of breakfast. The on-site restaurant was average during the week, although the weekend buffets are well-rated by others. The hotel is very close to a large shopping mall and other fast food establishments, but the area is not picturesque. If you want the ambiance of historic Charleston, stay elsewhere, but this would be a great place for a family who wants upgraded facilitiies at a reasonable price.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Emily B
Erin E, Manager at Town & Country Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2012

Thanks for your compliments concerning the outstanding value you experienced in our new hotel. I was very happy to hear about the great customer service you received while with us as well. To address the tea issue in the guestrooms we are rollign out a new program to include Keurig tea cups in our guestrooms as well as our regular and decaffinated coffees that we already provide. This is currently done only in our suites. Also I wanted to make you aware that regarding the $10.00 Free Food and Beverage voucher per day that you received that like many other hotels, we provide a higher amount if you book directly through the hotel. In this case that would be a $15.00 Free Food and Beverage voucher per day if you book directly through the hotel. This is displayed on our Trip Advisor spot at the top of the page. Thanks again for staying with us and if there is ever anything I can do for you please let me know at 843-329-3302.
Erin T. England - Director of Sales ansd Guest Satisfaction

Reviewed October 17, 2012

I normally stay at Hilton Branded properties, such as Hilton Garden Inn or Hampton Inn. For what I was paying I never would have expected this level of luxury and room amenities. In my opinion this room could have been easily $30 to $40 higher. I ordered room service, which was excellent and the next day I had breakfast in their on- sight restaurant. Again I was really surprised by the combination of food quality, service and decor for the price. Their breakfast absolutely beats the (free breakfast) that you make yourself from low quality ingredients in other hotels I have staryed. I highly recommed this hotel and would definitely stay here again. Also thanks to Mr. England, who constanly walks the hotel making sure the guests are happy.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank MargeV142
Erin E, Manager at Town & Country Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2012

Thanks for your kind review of our new hotel and for your wonderful comments regarding the outstanding value you saw in the guestrooms and food service compared to what you paid. I particlulary liked that you noticed the difference between our Trotters Breakfast and a typical "Free Breakfast" that usually consists of low quality, artificial, serve-yourself items. Thanks again for recommending us and I hope that we will be your choice the next time you visit the Charleston area.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

My sister and I chose this hotel to stay at for a family event this past weekend. We had dined at Trotters Restaurant at the hotel last year, however the rooms were still under construction. We couldn't wait to see the new rooms and renovations with our return to Charleston. WOW! Our suite was enormous. The room was so sophisticated with warm rich colors. The furniture and lighting was so chic. Even though we were visiting for pleasure, the room was well equipped with all of the technology needs I would need if I were to return for business. The bathroom was so spacious with sleek marble floors, double sinks, a huge jacuzzi bathtub and separate shower. I love the bathroom amenities that were environmentally friendly and smelled clean and fresh. The housekeeping staff was courteous and prompt when I requested extra washcloths. Delivered with a smile. The suite even had a microwave, refridgerator and a Keurig coffee maker.
For most hotels I have traveled to for business in the past, there has not been a great place to eat on property, but , Trotters Restaurant is 5 star. We loved a hot breakfast option in the morning, instead of the typical doughnuts and coffee. Trotters Restaurant serves a hot breakfast buffet every Sunday for $9.95 per person. A reasonable price for delicious food. The service was prompt and friendly. We loved the french toast with pecans and powdered sugar. When you book your stay at the Town and Country Inn and Suites, I recommend the Stono Suite and breakfast in the morning. I have a business trip in December in Charleston and I already made my reservation to return.

Room Tip: Choose the Stono Suite, spacious with a private entrance at the end of the hallway on the first floor.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank TwoSisters310
Erin E, Manager at Town & Country Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2012

The title of our review was exactly what were were shooting for when we made the decision to re-build our hotel. In short, we are seekig to provide our guests with the best of the old and the best of the new at an attainable price. Thanks for all the compliments from the large size of your suite to the furniture, lighting, technology, and bathrooms. Thanks as well for letting me know about the excellent housekeeping service you experienced as well as the value you saw in our full hot buffett breakfast served in Trotters Restaurant. If you need anything in the future please feel free to contact me directly at 843-329-3302

Reviewed October 14, 2012

This was a nice place to stay. The room was clean and the bed comfortable. A little small though, with the chairs, desk, bed, tables in the room. Great updates and nice decor, though. Friendly staff, and good breakfast. Just remember, you are about 7 miles out of the center of Charleston, so you have to drive and then pay for parking in the city. Not alot of restaurants around the property.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Liz L

Thank you for the compliments of our new hotel. I am glad you enjoyed the new room amenities and also on the friendly staff and food service at Trotters Restaurant. We made sure our new guestrooms were larger in terms of total square footage and total bathrooms size than a typical hotel room to allow our guests to spread out a little more and relax. Regarding the number of restaurants nearby, I am going to make sure our guest services staff is letting our guests know that there are 19 restaurants within 2-2.5 miles of the hotel, most of which are sit down and not fast food. We also have our on-site restaurant Trotters which you mentioned. I hope info that helps for your next visit. If you need anything in the future please fell free to call me at 843-329-3302.

Reviewed October 13, 2012

I recently had the honor of hosting a WWII Navy Seabees Reunion at this property. Our group was extremely pleased with the event and raved about the guestroom accommodations, the home-cooked quality and freshness of the food at Trotters restaurant, the excellent service all around, and our terrific hospitality room setup and lovely banquet dinner. It was a wonderful experience for our veterans group, and the folks at Town and Country did an excellent job with all of our arrangements. The courtyard pool area is beautiful and was highly enjoyed by our group. The location is very convenient to the airport as well as historic downtown. They are undergoing the last phase of their renovations in the lobby entrance area. The work they did during our event did not impact us at all as they worked overnite and the next morning all looked perfect again. I'm certain it will be absolutely beautiful when they complete this final step. I highly recommend this hotel to any traveler, but especially to those of you who may be hosting an important group event and require the amenities of a hospitality room and banquet facility in a convenient location to local attractions. Thank you Stephen Clarke and all the great folks at Town & Country for making our event just wonderful!!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Janice C

I was so excited to read your review of our new hotel!! Thanks for the compliments on the new guestrooms, the quality of the food in our restaurant, Trotters, the great service you experienced, the meeting space, and the banquet you had with us. Also thanks for commenting on our new courtyard pool patio and our convenient location. As you mentioned, we are taking great pains to make sure our guests do not experience any noise or construction issues while our total hotel rebuild is being completed. Thanks again for recommending us and please contact me should you ever need anything. My direct number is 843-329-3302.