“Nice stay.”

Ranked #11 of 60 Hotels in Charleston
Murrells Inlet, South Carolina
“Nice stay.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012 via mobile

This was a nice place to stay. The room was clean and the bed comfortable. A little small though, with the chairs, desk, bed, tables in the room. Great updates and nice decor, though. Friendly staff, and good breakfast. Just remember, you are about 7 miles out of the center of Charleston, so you have to drive and then pay for parking in the city. Not alot of restaurants around the property.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Liz L
Erin E, Manager at Town & Country Inn and Suites, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Thank you for the compliments of our new hotel. I am glad you enjoyed the new room amenities and also on the friendly staff and food service at Trotters Restaurant. We made sure our new guestrooms were larger in terms of total square footage and total bathrooms size than a typical hotel room to allow our guests to spread out a little more and relax. Regarding the number of restaurants nearby, I am going to make sure our guest services staff is letting our guests know that there are 19 restaurants within 2-2.5 miles of the hotel, most of which are sit down and not fast food. We also have our on-site restaurant Trotters which you mentioned. I hope info that helps for your next visit. If you need anything in the future please fell free to call me at 843-329-3302.
Erin T. England - Director of Sales and Guest Satisfaction

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (303)
Manchester, Connecticut, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012

I recently had the honor of hosting a WWII Navy Seabees Reunion at this property. Our group was extremely pleased with the event and raved about the guestroom accommodations, the home-cooked quality and freshness of the food at Trotters restaurant, the excellent service all around, and our terrific hospitality room setup and lovely banquet dinner. It was a wonderful experience for our veterans group, and the folks at Town and Country did an excellent job with all of our arrangements. The courtyard pool area is beautiful and was highly enjoyed by our group. The location is very convenient to the airport as well as historic downtown. They are undergoing the last phase of their renovations in the lobby entrance area. The work they did during our event did not impact us at all as they worked overnite and the next morning all looked perfect again. I'm certain it will be absolutely beautiful when they complete this final step. I highly recommend this hotel to any traveler, but especially to those of you who may be hosting an important group event and require the amenities of a hospitality room and banquet facility in a convenient location to local attractions. Thank you Stephen Clarke and all the great folks at Town & Country for making our event just wonderful!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Janice C
I was so excited to read your review of our new hotel!! Thanks for the compliments on the new guestrooms, the quality of the food in our restaurant, Trotters, the great service you experienced, the meeting space, and the banquet you had with us. Also thanks for commenting on our new courtyard pool patio and our convenient location. As you mentioned, we are taking great pains to make sure our guests do not experience any noise or construction issues while our total hotel rebuild is being completed. Thanks again for recommending us and please contact me should you ever need anything. My direct number is 843-329-3302.
Norfolk, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012

My son and I just happened to stop in and were lucky enough to grab a room at this inn. The room was way beyond expectations. The furniture is quite nice, the sheets were exceptional, the down duvets are wonderful, even the pillows exceeded my expectations.
This place is undergoing a complete renovation so it will only get better and prettier on the outside. The staff was also quite friendly and helpful, providing us with a booklet for local real estate that we used extensively.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Erin E, Manager at Town & Country Inn and Suites, responded to this review, October 13, 2012
Fantastic!! I am so glad your guestroom exceeded your expectations and that you found the furniture, sheets, duvets, and pillows exceptional. I am especially proud that our staff was friendly and warm as we ask that all our guests be treated like family. If you ever need anything please contact me directly at 843-329-3302.
Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

I had an emergency at my home and had to vacate it for the evening. The staff was very accommodating to my situation and gave me a good price on a last minute room. The room was spacious and comfy--almost better than my own bedroom! Thanks for helping to make a bad situation a bit better. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone--visitor or local alike.

Room Tip: The newly renovated rooms are beautiful and very comfortable.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Erin E, Manager at Town & Country Inn and Suites, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
I am glad we were able to help you out in a jam and that you found our new hotel a comfortable place to rest and recouperate while you got your home emergency got under control. Thanks also for letting us know that we exceeded your expectations and for the compliments on the new guestrooms as well. If you ever need anything please fell free to contact me directly at 843-329-3302
Erin T. England - Director Sales and Guest Satisfaction
Neuenstein, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012

My husband and I enjoyed the night from Oct. 8 to Oct 9th, 2012, at the Town and Country Inn and Suites, Savannah Highway, Charleston, SC. We had been attracted by the laser advertisement on the screen in front of the hotel. The room was spacious, extremely clean, the
bed comfortable (the king bed had a hard mattress, and a light bedding made of white satin).
The room's furniture was modern, very convenient. We were surprised by a large modern flat TV screen, providing all facilities for USB sticks etc.. The spacious bathroom - done in marble and tile, in the colors black and green, eco orientated, i.e. referring to our limited resources on earth - was not only equipped with a normal bathtub, but also with a generous walk-in shower and an excellent hairdryer. Furthermore, the hotel is equipped with 2 brandnew washers and 2 dryers in an extra room on the first floor. Unfortunately, it was raining that night, and we did not use the huge outdoor swimming pool. As we learned from the friendly, warm and very helpful staff - 2 young ladies (at the front desk and in the restaurant) -, the rooms had been remodeled two months ago, and the lobby area and the restaurant are being redone at the moment. From outside alone you really do not expect such a spectacular stay! Although my husband and I stayed only overnight, I can see that this would be a great place to stay for a whole week in order to visit all the historic sites in Charleston and surroundings (Magnolia Plantation and Gardens, etc.). Coffee machine, micro wave and refridgerator could help you save on expenses not having to eat out each day. Since the rates are moderate, and there are special rates for AAA members or groups, this family possessed hotel is highly recommendable for tourists from all over the world, or business people visiting Charleston and surroundings.
Dr. Michael and Bettina Haeberle, Neuenstein, Germany

Room Tip: SInce we did not have breakfast at the restaurant, we cannot tell you about that.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank drhaeberlem
Erin E, Manager at Town & Country Inn and Suites, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
I am glad you enjoyed your international trip that included a stop in Charleston. Thanks for letting us know that the hotel exceeded your expectations and that you found it comfortable, clean, and well appointed. I am also very pleased to hear that you received excellent service from our staff. Please think of us again should you return to our area!
Statesville, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012

WOW! Staying in the room I felt like I was at home! The bed was HUGE and so comfortable! The bathrooms were marble & tile, the shower had me feeling I won the lottery! Fresh paint colors instantly gave a calming and meditative feel. When we did leave the room, Trotters Restaurant served excellent southern comfort foods and we enjoyed having a drink at the bar to end the night. The staff was very accomodating & quick to ask how they could help. Overall a great place to stay and enjoy Charleston! I would recommend staying here anytime your in Charleston!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank David M
Creating a feelign of "home away from home" was our central focus when designing and constructing the living areas and bathrooms of the new hotel. Thanks for letting us and others know about your great experience not only in our hotel but in Trotters Restaurant!! If you ever need anything please fell free to contact me directly at 843-329-3302.
Erin T. England - Director of Guest Satisfaction
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

If you are planning a trip to Charleston, look no further than staying at Town & Country Inn! The rooms are very nice and the beds/bedding...so comfortable! The bath is spacious with marble and tile and is has a generous walk in shower. The staff is EXCEPTIONAL! From the restaurant personnel, the maids to the front desk staff, all went out of their way to make our stay a special one. A Ritz Carlton feel at an affordable price. We'll be back! Thank you Jennyffer, Bruce, Melissa and others!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank KarenR49463
Thanks for your comments on the bedding, bathrooms, staff and Trotters Restaurant. I am so glad you experienced top tier service and that our staff went out of their way to make you feel special and valued. That is what we preach here so thanks for recognizing it and for letting us know!! If you ever need anything please contact me directly at 843-329-3302.