“Exceptional stay in Charleston, SC”

Town & Country Inn and Suites
Ranked #7 of 61 Hotels in Charleston
Neuenstein, Germany
“Exceptional stay in Charleston, SC”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

My husband and I enjoyed the night from Oct. 8 to Oct 9th, 2012, at the Town and Country Inn and Suites, Savannah Highway, Charleston, SC. We had been attracted by the laser advertisement on the screen in front of the hotel. The room was spacious, extremely clean, the
bed comfortable (the king bed had a hard mattress, and a light bedding made of white satin).
The room's furniture was modern, very convenient. We were surprised by a large modern flat TV screen, providing all facilities for USB sticks etc.. The spacious bathroom - done in marble and tile, in the colors black and green, eco orientated, i.e. referring to our limited resources on earth - was not only equipped with a normal bathtub, but also with a generous walk-in shower and an excellent hairdryer. Furthermore, the hotel is equipped with 2 brandnew washers and 2 dryers in an extra room on the first floor. Unfortunately, it was raining that night, and we did not use the huge outdoor swimming pool. As we learned from the friendly, warm and very helpful staff - 2 young ladies (at the front desk and in the restaurant) -, the rooms had been remodeled two months ago, and the lobby area and the restaurant are being redone at the moment. From outside alone you really do not expect such a spectacular stay! Although my husband and I stayed only overnight, I can see that this would be a great place to stay for a whole week in order to visit all the historic sites in Charleston and surroundings (Magnolia Plantation and Gardens, etc.). Coffee machine, micro wave and refridgerator could help you save on expenses not having to eat out each day. Since the rates are moderate, and there are special rates for AAA members or groups, this family possessed hotel is highly recommendable for tourists from all over the world, or business people visiting Charleston and surroundings.
Dr. Michael and Bettina Haeberle, Neuenstein, Germany

Room Tip: SInce we did not have breakfast at the restaurant, we cannot tell you about that.
1 Thank drhaeberlem
Erin E, Manager at Town & Country Inn and Suites, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
I am glad you enjoyed your international trip that included a stop in Charleston. Thanks for letting us know that the hotel exceeded your expectations and that you found it comfortable, clean, and well appointed. I am also very pleased to hear that you received excellent service from our staff. Please think of us again should you return to our area!
Erin T. England - Director of Sales and Guest Satisfaction

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (315)
Statesville, North Carolina
Reviewed October 10, 2012

WOW! Staying in the room I felt like I was at home! The bed was HUGE and so comfortable! The bathrooms were marble & tile, the shower had me feeling I won the lottery! Fresh paint colors instantly gave a calming and meditative feel. When we did leave the room, Trotters Restaurant served excellent southern comfort foods and we enjoyed having a drink at the bar to end the night. The staff was very accomodating & quick to ask how they could help. Overall a great place to stay and enjoy Charleston! I would recommend staying here anytime your in Charleston!

1 Thank David M
Creating a feelign of "home away from home" was our central focus when designing and constructing the living areas and bathrooms of the new hotel. Thanks for letting us and others know about your great experience not only in our hotel but in Trotters Restaurant!! If you ever need anything please fell free to contact me directly at 843-329-3302.
Erin T. England - Director of Guest Satisfaction
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed October 9, 2012

If you are planning a trip to Charleston, look no further than staying at Town & Country Inn! The rooms are very nice and the beds/bedding...so comfortable! The bath is spacious with marble and tile and is has a generous walk in shower. The staff is EXCEPTIONAL! From the restaurant personnel, the maids to the front desk staff, all went out of their way to make our stay a special one. A Ritz Carlton feel at an affordable price. We'll be back! Thank you Jennyffer, Bruce, Melissa and others!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank KarenR49463
Thanks for your comments on the bedding, bathrooms, staff and Trotters Restaurant. I am so glad you experienced top tier service and that our staff went out of their way to make you feel special and valued. That is what we preach here so thanks for recognizing it and for letting us know!! If you ever need anything please contact me directly at 843-329-3302.
charlotte, nc
Reviewed October 8, 2012

We had heard this hotel had been redone and traveled from Charlotte for the weekend. It looks incredible. The rooms are spacious, clean and modern. The bathrooms are done in marble and tile with glass shower doors. We have traveled all over the world and would put this in our top ten. It was close to downtown but I could have stayed in the hotel all weekend. The rooms, pool and common areas are all very clean and inviting. I would recommends this to everyone.

Room Tip: all rooms have been redone so you can't go wrong!
1 Thank dee r
Erin E, Manager at Town & Country Inn and Suites, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Many thanks for your wonderful review of our new hotel. I am so pleased to hear that you were impressed with our new guestrooms and felt that they were spacious, clean, and modern. The comment about having traveled the world and feeling that our new hotel would be in your top ten is humbling and very much appreciated...and one that I will most certainly share with our staff. Being a four consecutive generations family owned and operated hotel that comment means so much to me and the entire family. Thanks again for recommending us to those on this forum. If you ever need anything please fell free to contact me directly at 843-329-3302.
Edwardsville
Reviewed October 6, 2012

This was extremely affordable, minutes from downtown and completely renovated. The rooms were beautiful and spacious. The bathrooms were spacious. Very comfortable bedding and extremely clean. We even had a $15 credit to use in the restaurant, which was helpful for breakfast the next morning. If you want to stay somewhere close to downtown without paying top dollar, stay here!

2 Thank Jennifer W
Erin E, Manager at Town & Country Inn and Suites, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Thank you for honoring us with your above review. I am glad you were so impressed with the new guestrooms and the spacious guestroom bathrooms and plush bedding. We are now giving our guests who book directly with us a $15.00 per day Food and Beverage Credit which you mentioned can be used in our Hotel Restaurant or Lounge. Thanks again for your kind review and please let me know if there is anything I can do for you. My direct number is 843-329-3302
Holland Landing, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Initially we had booked another hotel at the Visitor Info Booth on Hwy 17 North of Myrtle.
Upon returning to our condo I looked up the reviews of that hotel and decided to cancel. After looking at the Town and Country reviews we decided to book there. Upon arrival a very pleasant young lady greeted us and assured us we would like our room. I have stayed in many hotels and I can say this is the best for the price range. One problem was we didn't have internet access however we found out it was AT&T issue throughout Charleston. We had an excellant Prime rib meal on Saturday in the restaurant. Would defineately reccomend this Inn and suggest they put brochures and rates at the Tourist info centres.

The McConnell's from Ontario

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
I am honored that you would say that you thought this was the best hotel in this price range!
Our model is to exceed yoru expectations with the new guestrooms and full array of services we offer vs limietd service hotels but for a equal or lower price. I am also pleased that you enjoyed your dinner with us in Trotters Restaurant and that would recommend us to others. Thanks for staying with us and please let me know if there is ever anything I can do for you. My direct number is 843-329-3302
Bluffton, South Carolina
Reviewed October 4, 2012

The room was spacious, the bathroom was a great surprise-a walkin shower and it was impeccably clean. Although our stay was only overnight, I can see that this would be a great place to stay for a week to visit all the historic sites nearby. Micro wave, coffee pot and small refrigerator could help you save on expenses not having to eat out each day. Having said that I found my steak dinner there was excellent. I guess you could say we were very impressed with Inn. Joyce and Jim H.

3 Thank Joyce H
Thanks for your kind review of our new hotel. We are so happy you enjoyed your new guestroom, the walk-in shower and your steak dinner in Trotters Restaurant. I am glad to hear that you were impressed and that we exceeded your expectations. If you need anything please contact me directly at 843-329-3302