1,873 results
All reviews trotters restaurant breakfast buffet downtown charleston separate tub food voucher keurig coffee maker walk in shower minute drive hotel restaurant west ashley an easy drive folly beach definitely stay here again historic district booked this hotel outdoor pool mini fridge
Reviewed September 3, 2012

The rooms were large and appeared to be recently updated. Granite counters, high end fixtures. Linens were very fine. Tub was deep and upscale. Very Clean with a feeling of luxury. Staff was responsive and friendly. Resonably close to downtown Charleston for touring. We had a very nice stay and would highly recomend it to others.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Peter K
Erin E, Manager at Town & Country Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2012

Thank you for the comments regarding our newly constructed guestrooms. With this rebuild of our hotel we are seekign to make a memorable impression and give our guests way more than they were expecting for this price point. I also appreciate the comments about our staff being responsive and friendly. We are a family owned and operated hotel and we have been in the hotel business here in Charleston, SC for 4 generations so service is very, very important to us. If you need anythig in the future please contact me directly at 843-329-3302

Reviewed August 28, 2012

Upon checking in, the woman at the front desk was very helpful and friendly.

The courtyard/pool area looked very inviting; I was sad to not have enough time to enjoy a swim.

The rooms are by far the best thing about the stay. The bathrooms were beautiful and everything in the room was very clean and well taken care of. I very much enjoyed not hearing any other guests; this is the #1 frustration of most of my hotel stays across the US. I was able to really enjoy the peace and quiet, so I could get work done very quickly without any distractions.

The location was easy to find, and also close to a great yoga studio (Community Yoga). I will definitely stay here again the next trip to Charleston.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Megan H

I am pleased to hear that you were able to get your work done without noise or distractions and that your stay was enhanced by the attention to detail we put into our new guestrooms. We engineered special noise reduction features into our new rooms to make sure every guest has the peace and tranquility they deserve along with the amenities and services that make their stay more convenient and relaxing. Please contact me directly in the future if you ever need anything or would like to make special arrangements.

Reviewed August 21, 2012

Recently, my family (wife, 9yr old daughter, 6yr old son) traveled to Charleston for one last weekend before the kids go back to school. Over the years, we have stayed in expensive hotels and inns downtown and ocean front rooms on Isle of Palms and had great trips. This year we stayed at the Town and Country Inn because we wanted to visit with friends that live nearby but also be close enough to enjoy the downtown area and the beaches. This year ranks as one of our best trips ever! The Town and Country has recently finished a major renovation and we were amazed by the quality of our room. The beds were the most relaxing I've slept in away from home. Great bathroom with a huge separate shower and tub! My kids and I loved the big flat screen on the wall too. All the first class touches you would expect staying at an expensive place downtown at half the cost! My kids really enjoyed the brand new pool too. They had beautiful lighting and very comfortable seating. ( if you are a person green, they use all environmentally friendly shampoos and lotions). Maybe the best feature of the Town and Country is their restaurant, Trotters. You know you have a winner when you find where the locals go to eat. Incredible food, first class service, and family friendly pricing can't be beat. If you are looking at similarly priced hotels and think a free breakfast is a deal breaker, think again. Free is nice but you get what you pay for! Cold cereal, old bagels, and burned waffles can't compare to Trotters - one of the best breakfast buffets I have ever enjoyed. We will continue to enjoy coming to Charleston for many years and its safe to say we will be staying at the Town and Country Inn! Can't wait to our next trip!

Room Tip: All of the rooms have recently been renovated. Great linens and green bathroom products.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Ashley M
Erin E, Manager at Town & Country Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2012

Thank you so much your review and sharing your guest experiences with us. The new outdoor pool patio has been a big hit and I am glad you and your family enjoyed it! I am also glad that in addition to the comments you made about the new construction hotel rooms you noticed our efforts to go green wiht our recycling and all natural room amenities with compostable containers. Your comment about the quality of the breakfast and other meals you enjoyed with us will also be appreciated by our dedicated staff at Trotters Restaurant and I will share that with them. Please feel free to contact me directly for anything you need in the future.

Reviewed August 13, 2012

The room is lovely. Luxurious bed, comfortable pillows, nice lighting and friendly layout. Coffee service area with microwave and small refrigerator is a very nice bonus. No clunky tv cabinet, a sleek dresser with granite top, nice wall mount flat screen tv and comfortable upholstered chairs. Large shower and separate bathtub.
Only 10 minutes from downtown Charleston, located in a central area West of the Ashley, on Hwy 17. Nice shopping mall 5 minutes away,
Very private, inviting pool area..
Trotter's, the hotel restaurant offers good food for all meals. A very popular locals place to eat, which is always a good sign for good food at a fair price.
Owned and operated by a local Charleston family who take pride in this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Erin E, Manager at Town & Country Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2012

Thank you for the detailed review of your experience with us!! We read and take to heart each comment we receive from our guests and appreciate it so very much that you took your time to do so. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed the new rooms, new pool patio, and our onsite restaurant Trotters. It means the world to us that you recognize that this hotel is owned and operated by a 4th generation hotel family here in Charleston, SC who take personal pride in delivering the type of genuine guest service that is so difficult to find in the modern world. That is the best compiment we coud receive thank you...thank you...thank you! If you need anythign please ask for me Erin England at 843-329-3302. I would be honored to meet you.

Reviewed July 28, 2012

I'm actually looking for that same bedding to make my bed at home feel like it!
Only 10 mins drive from downtown. Room was super clean and really tastefully decorated.
Pool hours are great- open til 10 pm.
That shower head cost them a star- it was waaay too strong for me, even though my husband liked it.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Erin E, Manager at Town & Country Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2012

Thanks so much for taking the time to review our property. We have just completed a $7,000,000 total rebuild of our guestrooms with many of them coming online last week. Thanks for pointing out the shower head issue you experienced during your stay. I have personally looked into that issue this morning and staff engineering has now resolved it by replacing the stem and valve. This has created a much more serence shower experience and also yieled a much more adjustable water flow. I have just come from viewing the result as well as sampling it and I am confident you will be pleased. Thanks again for your pointing that out. If you would like to discuss or have any special needs please feel free to contact me directly at 843-329-3302.