The Meeting Street Inn
French Quarter Inn(Charleston)
Indigo Inn(Charleston)
King Charles Inn(Charleston)
View Hotel
All reviewswine and cheesefour posterhot tubprivate balconyyogurtmeeting streethistoric districtcity marketwithin walking distancelovely courtyardhappy hoursouthern charmperfect locationcinnamon rollshardwood floorshot itemshard boiled eggs
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 29, 2008

Although the location was ideal, the hotel was not. The lobby smelled musty, our deluxe queen room had peeling wallpaper, and the "breakfast "was a joke. Luckily there are some nice breakfast cafes next door.

Stayed: July 2008
2  Thank Resourceress
Reviewed July 27, 2008

This Inn was on the list of places to stay for a wedding I was attending. I KNEW I wanted to stay at Meeting Street Inn, and I am so glad I did. I loved it. You are close to everything, and the staff is just wonderful. Plus having a private courtyard where all of us could meet and spend time together was just fantastic. Not to mention the Complimentary breakfast and Evening Wine and Cheese gatherings. For those who have visited Charleston before, you have to stay at least once, although I think I am now spoiled for any other place in town. The rooms are well appointed with period appropriate furniture. Most rooms have a private balcony as well overlooking the back of the property - okay not so great, but still. The first thing I did when I entered the room was to take pictures so I could show all my friends.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed July 7, 2008

A charming inn in a perfect location for a reasonable price! What more could you ask for?

The staff are really exceptional at this inn...they are very helpful, friendly and take good care of their guests. They actually appear to LIKE working at the Inn.

The rooms are small but very nicely decorated. The maid service is keen and provides turn-down service too.

There is a lovely wine and cheese reception each night which is a must to attend. Especially for the crab dip!

I would skip breakfast, unless you like pastries, then have at it.

We paid $129 a night (we booked back in the winter). You are about 30 seconds to the market, 10 minutes to the Battery, 10 minutes to Queen St and E Bay St restaurants, and 5 minutes to King St shopping.

I'm glad we found this gem and if we ever return to Charleston we will be staying here again.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank JennPL
Reviewed June 10, 2008

We stayed in the Meeting Street Inn for two nights. The location was great because you could walk everywhere and the room was quiet and off the street. The room was quite small however. We were given a blow-up bed for our daughter and it was wedged between the bed and wall; going to the bathroom at night was tricky, I had to crawl off the end of the bed. It's nice that they have a wine hour in the evenings and a casual breakfast in the a.m.; the courtyard is a lovely place to hang out and enjoy the evening or morning. The negatives for us-We didn't really like looking out at the motel next door and found the room to be quite dark. It is a good place to stay if you are looking for more of a hotel feel than a Bed and Breakfast. The design of the building itself is like an old motel once your are in the property. Also, the staff wasn't very friendly. We were hoping for more southern charm I guess. All in all, I'd give it a 6 out of 10

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed May 20, 2008

This was my 5th stay at the Meeting Street Inn, and I loved it all over again! This quaint and charming 56 room inn is always a great place to stay! The location is perfect: in the middle of the historic area and close to restaurants and shopping. The decor is different in each room and true to Charleston style. The spreads and drapes are older, but everything including the older bathrooms is immaculately clean. The desk staff are ALWAYS helpful, friendly, and full of southern charm. The included breakfast is good, and the afternoon wine and cheese reception included in the room price is a wonderful way to start the evening before going out to dinner. The tropical courtyard with hot tub is a nice way to relax after a day spent walking around town. This inn is romantic, full of charm and grace, and is my first choice when travelling to lovely Charleston. A great place to dine nearby is Mistral, with great French cuisine at a good price with a bistro atmosphere and a nice jazz combo on weekends.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with friends