“Best Place To Stay In Charleston!”

The Meeting Street Inn
Ranked #5 of 39 Charleston B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 17, 2013

I cannot say enough great things about the Meeting Street Inn. The staff is wonderful, they go WAY above and beyond. The hotel itself is beautiful and the location is perfect. The rooms are charming, comfortable and clean. The piazza is a wonderful place to sit and relax. The breakfast is always delicious and the wine and cheese in the evening is a nice bonus! Our family stays every two years and would not think of staying anywhere else! A special thank you to Darrin....what a great guy!! Cannot wait to return.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed September 11, 2013

This is my favorite B & B to stay at in Charleston. We are always remembered when coming back for a visit & treated as if we were family. My lovely lady & I went there on 9/10/13 for 1 day & she could not believe how beautiful the B & B was. We arrived at the front desk & Mr. Allen immediately recognized us & already had our room ready. Allen attended to making our reservations for dinner, arrangements to take a sail boat cruise & even had us driven to the cruise area. I have previously stayed there at least 3 times per year for the past 5 years & highly recommend this B & B. Happy hour is great & the morning breakfast is fantastic. Try them, you will always book at this B & B.

Room Tip: Go for the 3rd floor as it is on the quieter side.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ray R
Reviewed September 5, 2013

A lovely Inn nestles along Meeting Street; within walking distance to the old market, to wonderful restaurants and shops and a marvelous staff who can help you find and enjoy quaint and historical things to do in this charming city. The gardens are beautiful, the breakfast delicious and varied each day and the wine/and cheese hour in the late afternoon is generous and lends the perfect touch to your day.
Each room is tastefully decorated and comfortable and the entire staff, from the front desk, to the room service are all gracious and helpful. We loved our stay here and will certainly return again.

Room Tip: There is a lovely spa in the garden. no pool or fitness center, but the ambiance makes up for that...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

This is in a great location to walk to everything you want to see in charleston. The staff was very helpful, the morning breakfast great and the rooms comfortable. It was a good choice. I can recommend it

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Just in the midst of downtown, where everything was happening. This Inn was just
charming with its 4 poster beds and beautiful courtyard. The price was much less than we thought it would be for the area. Also included was a Happy Hour serving wine, cheeese and other goodies. Breakfast,too, was included. If you could not park
next door, there was guaranteed parking about 2 blocks away for a rather minimal charge for the area.
Just a note: The beds are very high, so if you have a problem getting in & out of high beds check to see if there are others..They do offer step stools.

Room Tip: Ground floor very convenient
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 29, 2013

After much searching for a place to stay on our sister trip to
Charleston, we decided on this place. Oh my Word! It was even better than what we expected. The room made our stay of 4nights the best thing we did in Charleston. No kidding. We had a ground floor room with two beds. Beautiful furnishings. Two brown leather chairs for the reading area and the room was immaculate. Every evening the appetizers that are put out were a feast in themselves. The same can be said for the breakfast. A hot dish along with pastries, fruit, variety of breads, juices, coffee. The only thing I would have liked is a coffee maker in the room so I didn't have to get dressed to go get a cup. But that didn't compare to the service we were given. Kurt and Branden (I hope I remembered their names) worked on Sunday when we checked in , went beyond service, to make us comfortable. I have worked in the hotel business for 8 years and let me tell you, this is where you want to stay. It poured rain most of our stay and still we loved our time here. Location cant be beat! Definitely at the top of our favorite places to stay!!

Room Tip: All the rooms appeared to have a good view, liked the ground floor because we just walked out in the...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 29, 2013

When I first arrived at MSI I must admit I was a little skeptical of staying here. I checked in and asked for a second level room as I didnt want to be on the entry level because the B&B has exterior facing doors. The gentleman was able to accomodate my request and explained where to park - which was two blocks away, but no worries as they have a golf cart to bring you back in if needed.
My room - 215 - was nice. The bed slept wonderful!! The tv and bathroom were a little outdated, but efficient. The AC worked GREAT!! My stay was for three days and two nights. In the end, I fell in love with MSI and will definitely stay here again. The staff are very friendly and its location is perfect!

Room Tip: 215 was a back corner room so you don't have to worry with neighbors beside you...although there...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business