“A great value close to downtown Charleston!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Creekside Lands Inn

Creekside Lands Inn
Ranked #53 of 59 Hotels in Charleston
Frederick, Maryland
“A great value close to downtown Charleston!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

We really enjoyed our one-night stay at Creekside Lands Inn!
Yes, it is a motel--but its nicely kept, tastefully furnished, everything in the room was squeaky clean (the most important part!) and the bed was very comfy! The staff, especially the manager, were very helpful and friendly. The breakfast that was included was nothing fancy, but there was some variety and plenty of food.
The location is great (not a 10 minute drive from historic downtown)--do make note that it is right off of the highway (though we weren't bothered by any street noise).
For what we payed (around $90 with tax), I don't see how you could find a better place to stay near Charleston!

Room Tip: We had a room on the second floor--just ask for a quiet room!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
      Location
4 Thank MandC2010
Deidra G, General Manager at Creekside Lands Inn, responded to this review, August 16, 2014
Thank you so much for your review of my hotel!!! I'm so glad that you enjoyed yourself while you were here & for this I'm thankful!!! And I really liked the title of your review also!! =) We are a great value & I'm grateful that you noticed!!!! Glad you made it safely home & I do hope to see you again if ever in the Charleston area!!! Take care & Thank you again!!! Deidra

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Dublin, Ireland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

I booked this believing it was an "Inn" rather than a motel, given the prices, before I left Ireland to holiday in the States...however, this was not the case! The reviews were positive and the pictures of the rooms give a good impression. The first room we were shown had dark painted woodchip on the walls and was so shabby...and the ceiling tiles in the bathroom were caved in an mouldy in places. Given the prices, we went straight to the desk and told we weren't staying there and asked to see a better room. The second was much the same except there were chunks gone out of the wall also. As I said, this is not an inn, it is of a Days Inn motel standard! A good hotel would ask just a few bucks more and for that you would get security and an element of luxury

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!
Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
7 Thank 696Siobhan1
Let me start with apologizing for your stay here at my hotel....But here is my routine question...why didn't you ask to speak with the manager? I'm always available for my guests & staff....everyone knows this!!!!! And I often sound like a broken record on here simply because I can't help you if you don't ever give me a chance while you're here!!! My email is info@creeksidelandsinn.com & I'm going to invite you to email me, I would like to know your name, date of stay, & the rooms that were not satisfactory to you. Glad you made it safely home & I'll be looking for the email!!! Take care!!! Deidra
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for two days. The lady at the front desk was very helpful and friendly. The room was clean and in good condition . If you are on a budget, and don't mind the distance from the city, this place is highly recommended.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Deidra G, General Manager at Creekside Lands Inn, responded to this review, July 19, 2014
Thank you so much for your great review of my hotel!!! And I'm so glad that you enjoyed yourselves while being my guests!!! And I love the title of your review!!! =) Glad you made it safely home & I do hope to see you again, some day soon!!! Take care & again....Thank you!!! Deidra
Alcolu, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

Yes! This is our "Charleston Home" when we visit the city. If you want a home-like amosphere, free breakfast, and friendly staff then Creekside is the place to go. Save yourself alot of money and enjoy a quiet, clean place. They are not 5 star accommodations, but they are comfy and Deidra will knock herself out for you while you are there!

Room Tip: We like the first floor rooms just because it's easier to unpack the car and pack to leave.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
      Cleanliness
3 Thank tmbassett
Thank you so much for your wonderful review & such kind words!!!! I love my guests & they know it!!!! =) And I'll always be your Home away from Home....anyway I can get ya down here, let me know!!!! Glad you made it safely home & I know I'll see you again...If I'm not mistaken, its gonna be soon too!!!! =) Take care & can't wait til your back!!! Deidra
Richmond, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

On previous trips to Charleston we stayed in more populated areas. This time my husband and I wanted a clean, quiet place away from the hustle and bustle, but close to town. After reading reviews in Trip Advisor, I chose Creekside Lands Inn. It turned out to be the perfect place for us. It is located about 15 minutes from downtown Charleston. Although it is located on Hwy 17, we did not hear the traffic noises as we did during previous stays in other facilities. The room was large and clean; we had a refrigerator and microwave, as well as a TV, hair dryer, iron and ironing board. An enhanced continental breakfast was served every morning. Our room was cleaned every day and we always had clean linens. Our room was on the first floor; we never heard noise from rooms on either side or above us. The staff was courteous and friendly. I had spoken to Deidra, the manager, on the telephone prior to our arrival, but did not get a chance to meet her until the last day. She is very friendly and concerned that her guests have an enjoyable stay. We experienced only one minor problem with our TV and it was fixed as soon as we reported it. We stayed for 10 nights and thoroughly enjoyed it.
There is a pool, and a gazebo on a tidal inlet on the grounds. Also the hotel provides two smokers for people to use. Several families enjoyed cooking out by the pool in the evenings.
It is an older hotel, so if you are looking for brand new accommodations, fitness rooms, etc, this may not be the place for you. However, if you are seeking clean rooms at a reasonable rate, friendly service and a nice quiet place to stay that is close to many of the wonderful attractions in Charleston this is a great place. We had a very relaxing stay and would not hesitate to stay here again. Thanks to Deidra and all the staff.

Room Tip: My tip would be that if you experience any problem, contact Deidra or her staff immediately for a re...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank kyred100
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you for the room tip!!!! I can't express it enough to contact me, if I can fix it, I WILL!!!! =) And a great big Thank you for the wonderful review too!! I'm so glad that you enjoyed yourselves while being my guests!!! And I'm glad that I'm the new perfect spot for you!!! I'm thankful that you made it safely home & even more thankful that you had a great time!!! Take care & come back anytime you can!!!! Deidra
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

Just horrible. Find somewhere else to stay. This hotel has seen better days. Paint peeling, mold in the shower, constantly out of towels, I could go on and on. Sure the location is great and they do indeed have plantation shutters but who cares if the rooms are not clean? Almost everyone has a continental breakfast so not sure that is actually a benefit, would rather have some extra towels. Would never actually stay there on purpose again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
      Location
    • 1 of 5 stars
      Sleep Quality
    • 2 of 5 stars
2 Thank jeff t
First off, I want to apologize for your stay here my hotel. But if your stay was really this bad, then why haven't we spoken or why didn't you ask for me while you were? If you wait until you get home, then put this online, without speaking to anyone here, how did that help you? I invite you to call or email me please, (843) 763-8885 or info@creeksidelandsinn.com. Please ask for me, Deidra Gallashaw, & give me a chance to make it right!!! Glad you made it safely home & I'll be looking forward to hearing from you!!!
Johnson City, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

Our room was nice and clean, even had plantation shutters. The manager was super nice and helpful, and the waffle bar (!) in the morning was delicious. Beautiful property. I will always choose to stay at this moral in the future when I visit Charlestown.

Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Rob6890
Thank you so much for your thoughtful review of my hotel!!! I'm so glad that you enjoyed yourself while being my guest!! I love my plantation shutters here & yes, the breakfast here is pretty good, considering how some hotels barely have what we do!!! Glad you made it safely home & I do hope to have you as my guests again in the future!!! Take care & Thank you again!!!! Deidra