“don't waste your money”

Ranked #52 of 61 Hotels in Charleston
south carloina
“don't waste your money”
Reviewed August 9, 2008

i read some of the reviews that were mixed and deciede to give it a fair chance since it was the closest hotel for what we needed. We have pictures to prove everything because we basically we never made it past the doors. We arrived and room 110 smelled so bad with a sickely perfumed odor. We went to the beach after informing the desk that we werre letting it air out hoping it would. There was no improvement after 3 hours and we couldn't stay in it. Second room 202 smelled better but the bed had used sheets and nothing was cleaned down to the urine on the toilet seat, bath tub dirty and frig and microwave filty. anouther complaint brought us to our thrid strike room 205 which was equally as dirty including hair on the toilet not from your head and trash in the sink. The mananger at the desk tried her best but we were not going to take our chances with any more rooms stay and the person she spoke to at the other end of the phone wasn't helping either. We were forced to use a different hotel and our plans were screwed up becuase of the Lands Inn. We will be glad to share our expereinces there including the dated pictures

• Liked — price until got there
  • Disliked — everything , they don't clean anything
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
2 Thank riz214
LandsInnSC, Manager at Creekside Lands Inn, responded to this review, August 16, 2008
I really want to thank you for having taken the time to fill out the review. We do appreciate hearing from our patrons, as their comments are vital for us to continue improving our services. Please note that we have taken your comments seriously. We have made major changes in our service and quality of our rooms since you last stayed at our hotel. We have drastically improved on the cleanliness of rooms . While the lack of service you experienced is unusual and not the standard, there is no excuse for an easygoing attitude on our part. We are sorry for the inconvenience and annoyance this incident caused.
Again, I thank you for your comments. We hope that you will give us another chance to serve you.

Penny Daughtrey
Manager
(843) 763-8885

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Reviewed July 10, 2008

We wanted to visit Charleston overnight but didn't want to pay the price of downtown hotels. Found this place on tripadvisor and were satisfied. It is a quaint little place with its own personality. You can tell that they have been working hard to improve the grounds as they are very clean. The pool was great for my kids. The hotel is overlooking a waterway and makes it unique. People were crabbing and fishing from the dock/gazebo and shore. There were families here vacationing, workers staying and overnight stayers like us. It was clean, had the frig and microwave. Breakfast was the standard simple but adequate food. Only thing I would suggest for improvement is to add more electricity outlets in the bathroom area. Because it is an older place, it doesn't have the outlets newer places have nowadays. I needed to unplug the frig/microwave to blowdry my hair. Small thing but a suggestion. I enjoyed my stay here and would go back again.

• Liked — Price, Pool, Location
  • Disliked — Lack of electricity outlets
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
Anchorge AK
Reviewed April 6, 2008

We have just returned from Charleston SC
My family and I stayed at the Lands Inn for a week for spring break. I read other reviews on here, May some of the things that were said were true but i did not find any problems with our room, There was a smell but we were on the marsh and that it self has a smell. after being in the room for a few mins the smell we did not notice, I needed a hair drier and was able to get one on the second day.
First hotel I have ever stayed at the had plantation shutters, a dock for crabbing and fishing. the staff there was very polite and helpful on what we could get the most out of while in their town. The manager whom we met while there is very involved with the hotel she was out planting plants in the flower beds there were workers there and she was working just as hard as they were. We will stay again and tell our friends Kudos to the staff and manager.

• Liked — Fishing and Crabbing Dock
  • Disliked — Breakfast selection.. needs variety,
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Charlotte, NC
Reviewed April 1, 2008

I have to hand it to the new management for a great job on improving customer service and splendid changes made in the rooms. I had a room with a scenic view and the employees went an extra mile to make sure my stay was remarkable.

Location is easily accessible to all attractions and shopping. I appreciated the fact that this hotel did not allow weirdos and druggies on their property. Management was extremely welcoming and warm.

I was a little skeptical about staying here at first, however, I did not find any issue with cleanliness, carpets, furniture, etc. I actually had fun with my kids in the picnic area and did some crabbing off this hotel's dock. Now, how many places will offer you this kind of fun? Two thumps up!!!

• Liked — The View and the proximity
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)