“Staff was very friendly”

Creekside Lands Inn
Ranked #52 of 61 Hotels in Charleston
“Staff was very friendly”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

We loved the pillowtop beds and the picnic tables under the oak trees. They have very nice patio tables/chairs to watch the sunset/sunrise. Pool was clean and chaise chairs to lounge by pool. Nice gazebo on the pier to fish off of. I will be returning in oct. to enjoy my stay again.

• Stayed August 2013
Deidra S, General Manager at Creekside Lands Inn, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Thank you so much for your wonderful review!!! I'm so glad that you got to enjoy my hotel's amenities, & that they were great for you!!! I love the sunrise/sunsets here at Creekside....very peaceful & full of beauty!!! Take care & I'm glad you made it safely home!!! See you again in October!!!! Good Lord willing & the creek don't rise!!!! =)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Clover, South Carolina

I can't say more !
My husband and I loved the location,price,atmosphere. It was convenient to everything,the room was clean and the breakfast was superb
We look forward to staying again when we are in town
The vintage ambiance of a motor lodge ,with the amenities of an updated hotel
So great !

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Deidra S, General Manager at Creekside Lands Inn, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Thank you so much for your wonderful review of our hotel!!! I'm so glad you & your husband enjoyed yourselves while you were my guests!!! And you got the atmosphere dead on!!!! =) Take care & sneak away anytime you can!!!!
Florence, South Carolina
Reviewed August 12, 2013

My husband and children decided on a whim to have a minivacation. We found Creekside Lands Inn online and saw the mixed reviews but decided to give it a try. We were not disappointed! The price is extrememly reasonable, the location is amazing. The staff were all very accomodating and wonderful! My kids had a blast playing in the pool and shrimping off the dock, the provided crab pots were great! We crabbed and shrimped the entire evening while enjoying the view of the marsh. The outside barbeque area was a lovely touch and the family friendly atmosphere was excellent.

The outside of the hotel had me wondering, but once we opened the door to our room I was extrememly pleased. The room was clean, beds well made (very soft too), clean towels and a great desk area. We didn't have one issue. Basically I would recommend this hotel to anyone and my family will the staying there again! LOVED IT!!!

-The Baugh Family

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you Baugh Family!!! I'm so excited that you have now found a new vacation spot & very glad that you decided to give us a try anyways!!!! Thank you so much for the thoughtful words you spoke about my property & staff!!! I'm glad you picked us & it was a pleasure having you with us this past weekend!!! I'm glad you made it safely home & I look forward to having you stay with us again, hopefully sometime soon!!! =) Take care & again THANK YOU!!!!
Youngstown, ohio
Reviewed August 11, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at Creekside Lands Inn. The hotel itself is old and in the midst of renovations. Nothing here a little paint and updating won't fix. The property is beautiful with the dockside creek for fishing and crabbing. Great hotel for families. But the staff went ABOVE and beyond to make our stay comfortable. They called to make sure the room was satisfactory and if we had everything we needed. The desk clerk brought us more towels and made sure we wanted for nothing. If you want to stay in the lap of luxury go somewhere else. If you want a pleasant stay with a friendly staff you will love Creekside Lands Inn. Great location for a quick trip to historic downtown Charleston.

Room Tip: Two floor hotel. You may want a first floor room if you have a lot of luggage.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your wonderful review!! I'm glad you enjoyed yourself while you were our guests!!! And I'm glad my staff did an excellant job for you!! We're not a 5 star hotel but we're definely more than a mom-n-pop!! Take care & come back anytime you can!!!!
Sumter, South Carolina, United States
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Would love to come back here again. Everything was great, from the people at the front desk, to the dock with a gazebo, to the pool. The air conditioning kept the room cold (which I loved) to the bed feeling like a cloud (which I loved more!!). This was my wife and I first trip in about 5 years and it was so great that we decided to stay an extra night!! Even though we don't live that far away (about an hour) we plan on going back again, and soon. The pool felt great, and watching the water from the gazebo was the most peaceful part of the trip, didn't see any gators but did see a bunch of crabs, which was pretty neat, lol. Oh, and the discounts to some main attractions was pretty nice as well (your room key card is a few dollars off to the Aquarium and the person up front can also give you a card with a few dollars off the Patriots Point for the U.S.S. Yorktown....just ask about it.) All in all we had fun and for the price it was outstanding!! I'd go again and again and again. :) :D

Room Tip: All rooms are about the same from what we could tell.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Dray W
Deidra S, General Manager at Creekside Lands Inn, responded to this review, August 11, 2013
Thank you so much for your wonderful review!!! I'm so glad that y'all enjoyed yourselves so much that you decided to stay an extra night!!! What a great story & at my hotel!!! =) I'm so glad you enjoyed the room, the staff, the area, the city!!!! And a big thank you for telling future guests about discounts at the front desk!!! A lot of people forget or don't even know to ask us!!! I'm glad you made it safely home & I can't wait til you get back!!!! Take care & come on anytime!!!! =)
Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed August 6, 2013

We enjoyed staying at Creekside Lands Inn. The staff was very friendly and our room was very clean and updated. We really enjoyed the dock and the pool alongside the creek. We definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your wonderful review!!! I'm glad that you enjoyed my hotel & the dock!! That's one of my favorite spots!!! =) Thank you for your reccommendations to others & I hope you get to come back & see us again soon!! Take care & glad you made it safely home!!!
Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 5, 2013

stayed for three nights,when we first arrived we we're a little disappointed ( well done with the camera angles ) but once we got settled it wasn't to bad. deck over river is nice our first night we spotted a wee gator in the river.pool is good to cool off in. location not brilliant no bars or restaurants nearby. air con noisy kept room cool but can't sleep with the noise.girl on desk was brilliant friendly and very helpful (sorry can't remember her name)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank daftbiker
Deidra S, General Manager at Creekside Lands Inn, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Thank you so much for your review!!! I'm glad that it wasn't terrible for you!!! Thank you for the compliments to my staff....they are pretty amazing!!! I'm glad you made it safely home & invite you to come back anytime!!! Also, I want to apologize for the noisy a/c unit!!! Next time, let us know ASAP & we'll make it right ASAP!!! Take care!!!