“Nice Place, Very Serviceable”

and 1 more site!
Creekside Lands Inn
Ranked #57 of 62 Hotels in Charleston
Reviewed June 6, 2013

We were very happy with our stay. It was very conveniently located; easy to get to and easy to get to downtown Charleston. The room was very clean and a nice size. The breakfast was average and typical of a hotel breakfast. Apparently one coffee maker was not working so there was a long wait for coffee on a busy morning (no coffee makers in the rooms). The most surprising thing was how quiet it was despite having a high occupancy. We never once heard any TV or plumbing noises from any adjacent room nor much noise from outside. Nice staff. Worked very well for us during the four days we were there.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sonja V
Deidra S, General Manager at Creekside Lands Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2013

Thank you so much for your wonderful review!! And I'm so glad that we worked well for you!!! The coffee fiasco has been resolved!!! =) And thank you for noting how quiet the property is even though YES we are located on a busy highway!!! Once you're in your room or on the dock...its my own little piece of heaven!!! Thank you again for your kind words & I hope to see you again soon!!! Take care!! =)

Reviewed June 4, 2013

Nice little hotel. It was clean. The staff helpful. And I like the location. It was very easy to get into Charleston each morning. Lots of different eating places around the hotel as well. The breakfast was average a little better than just a danish and drink. They have a waffle maker. The breakfast room was quite hot but bareable

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank schfrs

Thank you so much for your review!!! I'm glad you liked my hotel & my staff....& yes the breakfast room was hot when you were here, but I've let the owner know & we're getting it fixed!!! Thanks again for your kind words & I hope to have you here again soon!!! Take care & glad you made it safely home!!! =)

Reviewed June 3, 2013

I read many reviews of this hotel before booking. I was willing to give it a chance because it was being renovated. My sister and I were in Charleston for a couple of nights, and we didn't want to pay a premium for a hotel where we would spend very little time. The woman behind the desk when we checked in was very friendly. Our first impression of our room was good - new carpeting, freshly painted walls, comfortable beds, new furniture, nicely framed prints on the walls, new granite counter top on the vanity. However, our room had an issue on the ceiling, like there had been a water leak from the room above. Also, the toilet/bathtub room floor could have used a good cleaning, especially behind the door. The tub and toilet themselves were clean. We really enjoyed the gazebo at the end of the dock on the creek. After a long day of walking around Charleston, we enjoyed having a glass of wine there instead of sitting in our room. Breakfast was average, but it was great that it was included. Yes, it is located on a busy highway, but we couldn't hear the traffic inside our room. I agree with another review that says the lights are bright outside at night, and the shutters do not block them out very well. This didn't bother us, but I know some people prefer complete darkness. Overall, I would give this hotel a second chance, hoping next time to find renovations and cleaning are complete.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you so much for your review!!! And I'm so thankful that you saw what we are trying to get to!! I'm glad you liked the new renovations that we've done & I've got a few more to get to before I'll say its done!!! I've already addressed the cleaning issue & the coffee pot fiasco has been resolved!!! =) I'm glad you made it safely home & I'm glad that you'll stay with us again....Call me the next time you're in Charleston!!! Take care!!!

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Lets start with pet-friendly. Very hard to come by anymore. This hotel is very pet accepting as well as very clean. People don't seem to think that those 2 things can come hand in hand. You don't have to be quarantined to a separate wing of a building just because you have a pet. All sizes welcome, and less than 15 minutes down the road there is and off-leash dog park which I learned about through another guest at James Island county park. Beautiful place!! The hotel is very well thought out, 2 stories, by a small creek. Dock with gazebo at the end, pool, picnic tables, charcoal grills, wicker sitting areas with umbrellas, and free breakfast. Rooms and lobby have been nicely updated, with more to come I was told. Deidra the manager is incredibly personable and treats everyone like family. We actually left a very expensive watch and was called within a few hours and arranged for it to mailed, which was don't the very next day complete with tracking # and confirmation. West Ashley is very close to everything. Restaurants (all kinds of food) , shopping, Tanger Outlet mall, Patriots point etc. I have to be honest with only 2 complaints which are trivial at best. I would like to see the bathrooms updated at some point in time, and for those of us that require a nice dark room to sleep well, it would be awesome if the shutters could include some optional black-out curtains. ( Especially for the nights when the police decide to pull someone over in the parking lot outside your window and leave their lights flashing for over an hour right at midnight) NOT pleasant. Otherwise we had a fantastic weekend and will recommend as well as stay again!! Special thanks to Deidra, as well as our housekeeper.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Deidra S, General Manager at Creekside Lands Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Thank you so much for your wonderful & thoughtful review!!! I'm glad that we didn't disappoint you again!! =) And of course our furry friends are always welcome here!!! They're family too!!! The watch should be in your hands by now...I do hope it made it safely! And I'm always here for my guests....Thank you for knowing that!!!! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay & I can't wait for you to come back!!! Take care & I hope to see y'all soon!!! =)

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Our room had a toilet that wasn't bolted to the floor! Told the staff twice and nothing was done. Shower above us leaked in to our shower And I found a cockroach in the room. Staff was friendly but I wouldn't stay again. There can't be an excuse for this . I think travelers would put up with work being done busy season or not. Next time I am in town I will stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: May 2013
4  Thank GL12345

Thank you for your review! I'm sorry you think my rooms need help....As soon as I found out about the toilet, I notified my maintenance man & he checked it, but the phalange needed to be replaced. I apologize that it didn't get fixed while you were here, but the shower I knew nothing about. And I sure never heard anything about a roach in the room. So, if you'd like to contact me, my info is on our website or call the hotel directly & ask for me. I should've known about all this before you even left my property, that way I could've done something for you before you left! Take care & I hope you weren't serious with the last sentence of your review!

Reviewed May 24, 2013

Its an older hotel but any stay was pleasant. The bathroom could have used a little help with the ceiling tiles and the walls and door frame could have used some painting. But overall it was ok. For the money it was average. All the other hotels were over $100.00

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Deidra S, General Manager at Creekside Lands Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2013

Thank you so much for your review!! I'm glad that you chose us for your grandson's graduation stop! I'm working on updating the bathrooms....we just had to halt things for a little while due to the busy season that's started! I'm glad you made it safely home & I hope you'll come see us again in the future!!! Take care!!!

Reviewed May 22, 2013

We travelled from Maryland (about 10 hrs) with 3 small dogs and arrived before check-in time. Diedra was quick to have a room made available for us with only a short wait. The rooms were clean and the grounds were beautiful. They're also well insulated - didn't hear a peep from other rooms. Views are gorgeous. Julia with the hotel staff even helped us walk our dogs! Sorry we didn't get to say good bye to her. The pool was open before Memorial Day which was a blessing and very appreciated! Great breakfast - make your own waffles, danish, muffins, cereal, fruit, yogurt, sausage gravy and biscuits. Not the typical continental breakfast in MD. All in all these people treat you like family. I'll stay here again the next time I'm in Charleston.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Deidra S, General Manager at Creekside Lands Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2013

Thank you so much for your wonderful words & review of my hotel!!! I'm so glad that you made it safely here after such a long drive & yes I did get you in as soon as possible!!!! You have some of the sweetest little doggies.....& they were perfect little angels while here!! Not one complaint!!! =) I told Julia goodbye for you! And I'm so glad you enjoyed the breakfast & property like you did!!! I try to give my guests something that they can't always get at a franchise....Take care & come back as soon as you can!!!