“Good value” 3 of 5 bubbles

Creekside Lands Inn
Ranked #52 of 60 Hotels in Charleston
“Good value”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012

The staff was friendly and helpful. The room was clean. There was a small fridge and microwave. Close to tourist places in the area. Nice picnic area with grills. Nice covered dock over the creek. I was there for 4 nights for a funeral and it was the escape I needed from family at a price I could afford.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Deidra S, General Manager at Creekside Lands Inn, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
I'm so glad that we were your little escape while going through such a difficult time for yourself & your family!!! The dock is one of my favorite spots here on the property.....very peaceful & relaxing!!! Glad you got to experience that!!! =) Thank you for your kind words....& I hope to see you again!! Fingers crossed that it'll be a leisure trip too!!!! Take care & glad you made it safely home!!!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Durham, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012

I could tell the hotel was going through a face-lift, our room was well-worn but tidy. The staff missed cleaning the microwave from the previous guests, but after I told the front desk it was taken care of the next day. The bed was too firm for my liking, but I am recovering from a lower-back injury so that might be my issues. There were plenty of pillows, the climate controls worked perfectly, and though the staff appeared somewhat shady they were cordial and accommodating. My biggest complaint is that we were upstairs next to a storage room and that door slammed LOUDLY; a pneumatic door closer would be a worthy investment. The only other complaint is that the water pressure and temperature were sub-par. I showered without using the cold water and it still wasn't hot enough.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for your review!!!! And you are exactly right....we're gonna be doing room renovations late November, early December!!! I apologize that the door slammed so much during your stay & I'll mention the pneumatic door closer to the owner!!!! =) As well as the water pressure....this is the first time hearing of low pressure, but I'll get it checked out!!!! I invite you to come back anytime, especially when the new rooms are finished!!! Take care & I'm so glad you made it safely home!!!!!
Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

Cheap is one of the only good things I can say about this motel. The room was clean except for the bathroom. The ceiling over the shower was moldy and looked like it may fall. The walls are thin and you can here your neighbors. The bed was comfortable. There were two bulbs burnt out. Probably would not stay again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank JayTennessee
I apologize that you think the only good thing you can say about my hotel is that its cheap. If you had an issue with your room, you should've contacted the front desk to see if they could've helped make your stay better!!!! Or at the very least, you coudl've asked to speak to the manager & see what I could've done!!! We are getting ready to do a major renovation on our rooms late November, early December, so I invite you to come back & give us another try. I also welcome you to call or email me, since you obviously had some issues, the hotel number is (843) 763-8885 & my email is info@creeksidelandsinn.com, just ask for Deidra!!! Glad you made it safely home & Take care!!!!
Santa Barbara, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012

My experIence echoes others. The staff is friendly, the rooms are basic but clean, and the breakfast is adequate. Mind you this place only cost me $65 per day before taxes so it is a budget experience but a good one. The location adjacent to a creek and marshes is a bonus. There is a nice dock and patio with BBQ grilles next to the pool.

Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Thank you so much for your review!!! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay here & hope you'll come back soon!!!! The outside of our property is one of my favorite things here at the hotel & it sounds like you enjoyed it as well!!!! Take care & glad you made it safely home!!! Hope to see you again soon!!!
Grafton, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

My sister and I stayed there when we were visiting my son, who was recently stationed at Goose Creek. The property is beautifully maintained - the deck, gazebo and picnic area were stellar and enjoyable despite the proximity of busy Route 17. There are rooms designated specifically for smokers and non, and although I didn't bring my pups, it was nice to see that they were pet friendly. The room we had showed some signs of aging but it was meticulously cleaned every day we were there (and manager Deirdra told me they had major renovation plans for that block of rooms when their busy season slows down). The staff were phenomenal and super-friendly, even gave us extra linens when my son was able to get liberty and stayed with us a couple of nights. They advise everyone who checks in that they have a "continental breakfast" from 6:30-9:30AM every day - that's not donuts and stale pastries, oh no! Biscuits and a crockpot of gravy that if I could've figured out how to sneak it into my luggage, I would have! Add to that - a waffle iron station with the batter all set up for you, danishes, bagels, yogurt, coffee, tea, juice - if you leave there hungry it's your own fault! I needed to print out boarding passes for our trip back to Boston and the gal at the desk gave me her personal email address and printed up the passes for me in minutes. The proximity of the hotel to Charleston was an easy commute - 15 minute ride and you are off and running to all the fun that Charleston has to offer. I cannot say enough good things about Creekside Lands Inn and the folks that run it! We'll be baaaaccckkk. . . .

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Deidra S, General Manager at Creekside Lands Inn, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
So when are you coming baaaaaccckkk??? =) This was an awesome review & I'm so glad that my staff was phenomenal for you!!!! Yes, renovations will be starting sometime in mid to late November, just as soon as we slow down here!!! I'm glad your son also got to stay with you for a night or two!!!! Family is so important!!!! Come back whenever you can, so glad that you enjoyed everything my property has to offer!!!! And I'm gonna keep a watch on my crockpot....if it gets missing, I know who took it!!!! =) Take care, glad you made it safely home, & come back as soon as possible!! Bring the pups....they're welcome too!!!!! Deidra
The Hague, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012

In a city like Charleston, it is not easy to find a hotel that is cheap and reasonable. This is a good place if you are looking for that. The furniture is good and solid, the beds are clean, the staff is friendly. Only downside is that the walls are thin. You can't hear your neighbores literally speak, but they are there. I would stay there again, if I can't find the budget for that area. (Then again, you'll never know what is wrong with another location, if you haven't tried it.)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Adriaan B
Deidra S, General Manager at Creekside Lands Inn, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
Thank you so much for your review!!! I do apologize that you could hear next door neighbors.....usually don't hear that, but then again, they could've been extra loud. =) Thank you for the compliments to my housekeeping & front desk staff!!!! I'll gladly pass on the kudos!!! I'm glad you made it safely home & I hope that we will see you again in the future!!!! Take care!!!
Chesnee, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012

I sing the same song every time I visit you guys, I just change the lyrics because there's always something new to sing about! We've been coming to this quaint little place for 4 years now and my husband won't let me book anywhere else. We have a blast on the dock and catch more blue crab here than anywhere we ever tried in Charleston. The rooms are nice, the staff very friendly, and the breakfast is to die for! Looking forward to seeing you again soon. Can't wait to see what new things you've done when we get there!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Deidra S, General Manager at Creekside Lands Inn, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Thank you so much for your awesome review!!!! As General Manager of the property, it does nothing but put a big ol smile on my face to read such a wonderful review!!!! =) And coming from a regular guest as yourself, its good to know that we are still giving such great service!!!! I'm so glad y'all enjoy the dock.....And tell your husband THANK YOU for not letting you book anywhere else!!!! =) Can't wait til you get to come back!!! There will definetly be plenty of crabs here for ya & depending on when you get back.....maybe even some other surprises to the property!!!! Take care & glad you made it safely home!!!!