“Great getaway from work!”

Creekside Lands Inn
Ranked #52 of 62 Hotels in Charleston
“Great getaway from work!”
Reviewed November 29, 2011

I was visiting the US from India this past week for business and I took a small 2 day break in Charleston, SC on my way to North Carolina from Florida. I stayed at this small non-franchise hotel and I absolutely loved it. It was very refreshing. They have a really nice view into the Marsh and a lovely dock where you can just sit and relax. The front desk also informed me that over the summer people come and stay to go fishing and crabbing over the dock. Too bad I wasn't there for the perfect season. The price is very reasonable for the holiday season. The rooms were clean the customer service was great and the breakfast was quiet decent as well. It was overall a good 2 day break from work. I highly recommend this place for a getaway!

• Stayed October 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Longs, SC
Reviewed November 28, 2011

We have stayed at this motel many times and enjoy the dock, pool, price and convenient location. We use this as our stopover from SC to FL and have never been disappointed; we even recommend it to our friends. However, our experience this morning was not so pleasant. Around 9:30 a.m., someone knocked on our door twice, then proceeded to open the door to the room which startled us. We slammed the door and immediately called the Front Desk. After complaining that no one should be coming into our room, she informed me that "we should have been POLITE and opened the door"!! Yeah, right. She then proceeded to argue with us about our complaint saying that he was searching for paint cans. After we finally got the manager on the phone, HE apologized. We realize they are doing renovations but no one, especially sub-contractors on the premises, should be allowed to have a Master Key to any room without permission. At the very least, the Front Desk should have called and said someone was coming to the room for some reason. This is totally unacceptable and we will not be staying there again and we will be warning the people we have recommended this place to. Also, Front Desk Clerk (female, don't know her name) was totally rude, argumentative and should have a lesson in customer relations. I usually try to sound positive in my reviews, but this just should not have happened and if I sound bitter, I am. Stay here at your own risk, especially while undergoing needed renovations. Surprisingly, after this incident, the Wi-Fi to our room was shut down; don't know if that was intentional or not.

Room Tip: Choose one that the workers don't have a key to!
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank JULSAM

Travelers are raving about these Charleston hotels

Chesnee, South Carolina
Reviewed November 28, 2011

Once again I am a satisfied customer of this quaint little place on the outskirts of Charleston, SC. I found this place in 2009 and I can't get enough of it! I've been fortunate enough to bring family members on 2 separate occasions this year and once my husband and I came alone. I can't say enough about how hospitable the employees are and how much we love shrimping and crabbing from the dock. The rooms are modernly decorated but hold that old quaint charm that makes this place such a wonderful place to forget your troubles for a few days. Every time I come I see something else they have modernized but it still has that laid back atmosphere that we love. It's about 6 miles to uptown Charleston and all sorts of fun like carriage rides and tours. The free(that's right FREE) breakfast has choices for all tastes from toast or cereal to sausage gravy and biscuits or making your own fresh waffle! My niece and nephews come with us once a year and they love the place. The teen boys love the dock and the teen girl loves laying out by the pool. We frequently use the picnic and grill area and have days that we never leave the property! The room rates are comparable to local hotels, and cheaper than most. The only complaint I have is that I can't come more often! A great choice!

Room Tip: We have stayed in several rooms on the lower non-smoking end and have loved every one of them.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Northern Virginia
Reviewed November 16, 2011

The room was not clean, all furnishings and linens were old and the room smelled as if it used to be a smoking room but was covered, very heavily, with deodorizing spray. Clothes reeked after being in the room for only a night. We checked out after one night.

Room Tip: Smokers might find the rooms acceptable
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Denali338
Columbia, South Carolina, United States
Reviewed November 12, 2011

Very quaint motel (circa 1960's), beside a tidal creek with dock and roofed gathering area at the end of the dock. Great location to crab and cast a shrimp net. Swimming pool. Rooms are nicely appointed. Continental breakfast. "Very" reasonable rates ($59 in November 2011).

Room Tip: Ask for rooms 107 or 207 to be a few feet away from the beautiful spanish moss-draped live oak in th...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Tampa, Florida, United States
Reviewed November 10, 2011

Very nice property, great place on the outside to swim, cook out, our even just to walk our dog :) very quiet and very clean. The beds are very comfortable and we love the pillows! Close to everything and we felt very safe. We got a chance to meet the owner and he was great! He even showed us some of his favorite places to go on a map. Great breakfast! They even have biscuit and gravy wow!! Can't say you come across that often. Awesome place and plan on staying here again!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Arrington, Tennessee
Reviewed November 8, 2011

We came here to do a job - I chose this place because of the relaxing atmosphere it appeared to have and it does. The views from the dock area - picknic places and walk area are great. Yes it is older than other places, but homey and comfortable; a good place to be after a hard days work away from home. Just what I hoped it would be.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business