Holiday Inn Charleston Riverview
Average 3/5
Wentworth Mansion(Charleston)
Excellent 5/5
1,124 results
All reviewstop floorfree shuttlegreat view of the riverashley riverrooftop restaurantshuttle servicebreakfast buffet isdowntown areahistoric districtan older hotelfolly beachthe hotel offersfront desk staffshort driveaaronmuscmarsh
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 8, 2006

Our room was awful -- small with peeling paint & wallpaper, and the bathroom had alot of mold, probably the result of the 1/4 to 1/2 inch of water that flooded the floor every time you took a shower. But the worst thing about this hotel was the staff!! Totally unfriendly & unprofessional!! We saw several staff members many times during our 3-day stay, & even though we would say "hello" to them as they passed by, not one of them ever acknowledged our existence. 1 employee liked to hang out by the railing in front. He did not help us with our luggage from the car (5 suitcases) when we checked in, although he was standing right there watching us struggle. When we returned from dinner 1 night in the pouring rain in the middle of a tornado warning, he didn't move an inch to help me out of the car even though he was 2 feet away. Another red-haired female employee (non-disabled) who worked in the office parked in a disabled spot by the door, thus making my disabled husband have to walk quite a distance to get to the front door. I could go on, but these are the "highlights." This was by far the worst experience I've ever had at any hotel I've ever stayed at!!

• Stayed: May 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
5  Thank gettinoutofla
Riverdale, Maryalnd
Reviewed July 5, 2006

My wife an I spent our anniversary in charleston. Based on some of the reviews of this hotel that we read, we didn't know what to expect. Once we arrived, we were pleasantly surprised. The hotel was clean and the staff was friendly and attentive. The location of the hotel is within close proximity of all of the major attractions in charleston and the views from the harborview restaurant were absolutely breathtaking. The shuttle bus to downtown charleston was an appreciated ammenity as parking inthe historic district is horrible. We would recommend this hotel to friends

• Stayed: July 2006
8  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
St.Petersburg, FL
Reviewed June 22, 2006

This Hotel has several things going for it. The food & views from the restaurant/lounge were wonderful. The staff was friendly & very accommodating. The shuttle service was excellent in that it runs every 2 hours and they will make special trips if time allows. We were there at a time when tourism was light & got excellent service from the shuttle. The rooms & hallways were clean & nicely decorated, although not new. I liked the balcony & being able to open the room to some fresh air during the cooler mornings. We felt it was an ideal location & good value. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2006
5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Fort Worth, TX
Reviewed June 5, 2006

I am a priority club member and I had stayed in a lot of Holiday Inns. This one is a great disappointment. This holel seems to have a Dr. Jekly and a Mr. Hyde side and I stayed on the Mr. Hyde side. My room overlooked the back alley of a run-down lounge. Since I didn't pay premium price for the room, I did not expect to have the harborview so the biggest problem I have is I felt uncomfortable. The ceiling plaster was peeling off, there was a tear in one of the bed covers, the TV volume control didn't work, the room in general didn't look very clean to me and the worse of all - the room smelled like pee. It may be amonia cleaner but the smell was strong enough to give me goosebumps. The food was fair but my whole family had mild stomach problems and had to go to the bathroom after eating breakfast there. This is a below average Holiday Inn.

• Stayed: June 2006
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 30, 2006

First trip to NC and stayed at Holiday Inn, first room was dirty and had to exchange for another one which was mediocre. Very shabby and very disappointed in this hotel for the price. Would definitely not stay there again.

Stayed: March 2006