Holiday Inn Charleston Riverview
Indigo Inn(Charleston)(Great Value!)
$249
$359
  • Breakfast included
The Vendue Charleston's Art Hotel(Charleston)(Great Value!)
$269
$369
$218
$199
  • Breakfast included
Best Western Charleston Inn(Charleston)(Great Value!)
$125
King Charles Inn(Charleston)(Great Value!)
$229
TripAdvisor
1,125 results
All reviewstop floorfree shuttlegreat view of the riverashley riverrooftop restaurantshuttle servicebreakfast buffet isdowntown areahistoric districtan older hotelfolly beachthe hotel offersfront desk staffshort driveaaronmuscmarsh
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

w stayed only one night but it was a good time. although we were tired of driving long hours from D.C. the view at the rooftop was awesome.
room double bed was sufficient. thr room was clean. I would recommend if u want to stay by the water. it is not close to the downtown district and u will need car to move around. I will come back

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank leibyali
Jeremy M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Charleston Riverview, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2014

Dear leibyali,
The panoramic views from the Haborview Restaurant and lounge are amazing! Being located just off the Ashley River gives you an opportunity to see the fishermen, yachts and Citadel rowing team practicing in the calm waters during the morning hours while enjoying an extensive breakfast buffet. We hope to see you in the near future, thanks again for your business.

Reviewed March 9, 2014

We arrived at the Holiday Inn Charleston Riverview in a driving rain storm after six long hours on the road from central Florida. There were two women at the front desk, one of whom was trying to mollify an unhappy guest.
"Checking in?" the other asked, without a hint of warmth or welcome.
This is someone who works in the "hospitality" industry. What would it take to be even a little "hospitable?" If not a "Welcome to Charleston," how about at least a hint of a smile, which costs nothing. I don't care how miserable a hotel clerk's job, day, life, when greeting a guest, she's being paid to be welcoming.
She informed me that our room would have two double beds.
"I asked for a king. Do you have one?"
"This was booked through a third party," she replied. (True, through AAA). "It can't be changed."
Again, this was delivered without a hint of warmth or apology.
"Queen?"
"We have no queens on this property."
Tired, wet, cold, I troubled her no further.
But, as she was printing out my materials, she informed her colleague that she should not try to satisfy the request of the other unhappy guest because it would be wrong to bump another guest, just because he had complained.
"Well, I'll just look to see if anyone's been upgraded," her colleague said, apologetically.
---
This is an older building, and it's worn around the edges. But the room (915) seemed clean.
The weather was so ugly, we decided to try the hotel's top-floor restaurant.
When I called to see if we would need a reservation, I was informed -- again, without a hint of sympathy -- that the restaurant was hosting an event that night, and seating was limited.
"I'll put your name on the list," the man on the other end said, "but you'll just have to come up."
As it turned out, we went up, went to the bar, and were promptly seated, neatly skirting whatever was going on out in the dining room.
After a drink and dinner, we turned in.
----
In the morning, my wife went into the bathroom, and shortly I heard, "EEK!"
"Wha...?"
"There's a cockroach in there," she said, exiting in a hurry.
Indeed! And it was quite a specimen: at least 2 inches; 3 with antennae.
I retreated for a weapon, my shoe, but then did the thoroughly modern thing: Instead of dealing with the problem, I decided to first document it.
"Hand me your phone," I said.
However, by the time I had lined up a shot, the roach squeezed back through the un-caulked, un-ringed hole where the water pipe for the toilet comes out of the wall. All I caught of our visitor in the picture was his retreating hindquarters.
----
I wrote a brief note describing our surprise visitor, so that I could discreetly inform the desk without alarming other guests. Luckily, there was no one else at the desk when I arrived.
I settled our account, then handed over the note.
The new desk clerk was clearly taken aback, but said she would inform "maintenance."
After a few moments, she offered us complimentary tickets to the breakfast buffet.
I thanked her, but said we had to get back on the road.
Then, she finally said the words I had been waiting to hear: "I'm sorry."
-----
Was there anything good about our experience?
Yes, we were waited on at dinner by a young woman, very small in stature, who was working very hard to serve a number of tables in the bar. Unfortunately, we did not get her name.
-----
But I never got over the cold arrival: not a word of welcome.
And neither of us got over our surprise visitor in Room 915. But I'll say this for the roach: At least he waved at us. With both antennae!

Room Tip: Should you find yourself in Room 915, check to see if they've caulked that hole!
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Jim S
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Charleston Riverview, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2014

Dear Jim S,

Ben J
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

No the fancy place but a good solid room for the price. A little out dated but still not bad. Service was good and friendly. Restaurant upstairs wanted $3.35 for an 12 oz apple juice to go. Give me a break. I own a restaurant. Thanks for the average room and good price compared to the competition.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Jeremy M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Charleston Riverview, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2014

Dear 35yearsMaine,
Thanks for your business! Our very competitive room rates include: Free shuttle, Free coffee in the morning, Free parking, Free WIFI and a complimentary smile for every guest. Our daily fresh squeezed apple and orange juice come in a wide selection of sizes for everyone’s needs. You can also enjoy our extensive breakfast buffet that includes just about everything you can think of. We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

I had my wedding reception there and it was OUTSTANDING!
The staff was PHENOMENAL they went above and beyond their duty. Ms. Wharton, Mr. Rocky and the staff I give 5*****
The view from the reception area during sunset was beautiful. As night began to fall my guest was enjoying the view and was using as a backdrop.
I'm so glad that I choice Holiday Inn Charleston Riverside.
Not to mention the food OMG, everyone was blown away how delicious the food was!!
Will I recommend this venue YES!

• Stayed: February 2014

Dear Simmonswedd…,
Congratulations on the wedding! We are so thankful that you choose the Holiday Inn Riverview to host your reception. The panoramic views especially at sunset atop the hotel are absolutely stunning, it’s a fantastic way to see Downtown Charleston. The Food & Beverage staff works extremely hard to make sure the food is cooked to perfection and served with a smile! Enjoy your honeymoon and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed February 14, 2014

My family stayed there for a weekend and it was decent for the money but nothing grand. What made me give this place 5 stars was the customer service by a young lady (I think her name was Chelsie and sorry if I spelled it wrong). The professionalism, knowledge and courtesy she extended was far greater than any other hotel we've stayed at since we started visiting Charleston. Yes the lobby was small, and the place could use updating, so I would have given your hotel a 3.5 or 4, which is fine. Customer service goes a long way, though, and from our many travels across the country with experiences at lots of hotels, she should be teaching others how to do this. I have to say that dealing with her was what made this a 5 star rating!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

Dear Marilyn B,
We truly appreciate your business! Customer service is our number one goal we want all of our guest to experience warm Southern Hospitality from the moment they enter the hotel until the time you check out. I will share your glowing comments with our front desk team member Chelsea and acknowledge her professionalism, knowledge and courtesy customer service. We all hope to see you very soon.