“Southern Hospitality With Southern Charm”

Holiday Inn Charleston Riverview
Ranked #43 of 61 Hotels in Charleston
Reviewed February 5, 2013

I absolutely adore this hotel and its location. The front desk staff is absolutely awesome Jay & Clarisse made our stay seem like we were just a part of the Holiday Inn Riverview family as well as the restaurant staff. If you have never had southern style, food I would suggest visiting the Riverview restaurant not only do you have a dynamic view but you also get great service. KUDOS look forward to seeing you again! (I’m a local who stayed with them for a week and they taught me things about my hometown that I didn’t know that’s just how good they are.)

Room Tip: Skyline view
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Jeremy M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Charleston Riverview, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

Thank you for your compliments on Jay and Charisse, two of our valued Guest Service Agents. They truly know the meaning of Southern Hospitality! Also glad you enjoyed the spectacular views and great service from the Haborview Restaurant located atop the hotel. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed February 4, 2013

I showed up for my stay at 9:00 AM and I was immediately put in a room. Jay at the front desk was very nice and helpful. I live in Charleston and just wanted a day to myself to relax. I made the right choice to stay at the Riverview Holiday Inn. The room was clean and the bed very comfortable. I decided on room service and received my breakfast with-in 15 minutes and it was delicious. The only negative I have is the heater was pretty loud.

Room Tip: Get a room with a view!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Amanda C

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Charleston Riverview for your stay-cation and for the nice compliment on Jay, our valued Guest Service Agent!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for a short weekend get away. The room was nice and the resturant had good food and excellent views. The only downside was the balconies were closed off. It would have been noce to be able to go out on the balcony. The rates were reasonable and the rooms were clean. Overall nice stay.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank amydee1
Jeremy M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Charleston Riverview, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

Dear amydee,
Glad you enjoyed your stay with us! The views from the restaurant are fantastic! Housekeeping works very hard to make sure all the rooms are clean and up to our high standards. Thanks again for your business.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

Did not stay at hotel. We are locals and my cousin decided to bring us here for some late night drinks. Four if us came and the view was fantastic. Lights from the bridge and water view. Great drink prices. Lemon drop martinis were fantastic. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank E9
Jeremy M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Charleston Riverview, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2013

Dear E9,
Thanks for stopping by and enjoying a late night cocktail. Our "Lemon drop" Martinis are very tasty, hope to see you soon.

Reviewed January 5, 2013

Stayed here right after Christmas. Comfortable beds and room had all the amenities. The staff were pleasant and helpful. The restaurant on the top floor has an excellent view (as the hotel's name suggests).

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Murray5500

Dear Murray5500,
Thanks for staying with us and I am glad you enjoyed your stay!

Reviewed January 5, 2013

I shall be as brief as a verbose Gemini can be.
I have visited the restaurant area high atop the Charleston Holiday Inn Riverview 3 times this past 30 days.
When visiting Historic Charleston, you simply MUST go there.
Bring your iPod camera, or your sketch pad or for that matter your bare canvas.
The views from there are the best elevated views attainable anywhere in the area to my knowledge
They have a Happy Hour that has wonderful finger food and make your own sandwich offerings that are just enough to keep you, till dinner time.
Happy Hour prices are incredibly reasonable.
If you join the Holiday Inn Diamond Club, they get unbelievably reasonable.
It is actually worth joining even if you are not staying there and will be in Charleston for just 2 days.
Behind the bar, usually, is a very nice and tall gent..whose name I don't know.
Then there is Miss Tamera (Rhymes with "camera")
This lovely lady is Customer Service personified. If only other places would hire her to teach how to raise their customer service to her epitome level,TripAdvisor would never ever ever receive another negative review for any place.
But I promised to be as brief as a verbose Gemini can be.
I wish I could comment on the restaurant food. I cannot since I have not eaten there.
However, if the Happy Hour food offerings are indicative of their dinner offerings you'll be happy
I have not stayed in their rooms.
I can say only, as well maintained as are the outside , the inside and all other areas, the rooms I must presume are wonderful, also.
Every associate with whom I have had contact goes above and beyond with what Americans now get as ??"Customer Service??".
I close, with a last tribute to Miss Tamera.
She is now in my "Hall of Customer Service Fame"
She should be in the Ambassador group for the USA.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Extraactor

Dear Extraactor,
Thanks for your business and fantastic comments! You are 100% correct the views from the restaurant are amazing. Our Diamond Club program is a great local perk for you to save some extra money with all the discounts you will save on food and beverage. I will pass your comments to Tamera and let her know she is now a member of the “Hall of Customer Service Fame.” Thanks again for your repeat business.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for a few days at the end of November 2012. I really liked the hotel and it's unique rounded shape. The staff was very nice and the hotel was very clean. The only drawback to me was the very busy highways on each side of the hotel. But that was not a really big drawback to me because i really enjoyed my stay there. We were part of 5 couples that comprised the faith, Hope, and Love marriage retreat. We had reserved a private meeting area for the weekend and we really enjoyed our time there. The view from the resturant which was on the top floor was very impressive. I believe that it was probably the best view in the whole city. A picture postcard view. All in all, I would stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Higher floors have less noise.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Jeremy M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Charleston Riverview, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2013

Dear Cameron,
I am glad you enjoyed your stay and would return in the future. With the hotel being round it offers an amazing panoramic view of Charleston. Thanks again for you business!