“OK value for a short visit...”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Charleston Riverview
Ranked #54 of 62 Hotels in Charleston
Reviewed September 9, 2010

We only stayed here one night and probably would not have stayed there if it had not been dog friendly. Staff was very nice but the room was not equipped with microwave or fridge, no bags in the trash cans, and the remote was difficult to use, probably due to age. One resturant within walking distance and it was good food, not so good service.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
LaQuintaRiverview, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Charleston Riverview, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2010

Thank you for staying at the LaQuinta Charleston Riverview. We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback from our guests in which it helps us to continue to grow to be a better hotel. Our brand hotel is known for its wonderful pet friendly policy and our staff enjoys seeing your four legged friends. Our hotel does not provide micro/fridges in all the rooms but the next time you visit please look into reserving one of our Executive Kings in which this room type does offer such amenity. We do hope to see you and your extended family member again soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,115)

Reviewed September 5, 2010

Came here with a girls athletic group in a minibus that had their matches at a neighboring prep school Porter Gaud. This hotel is in 2 buildings. The front desk is in the main building that has interior corridors and the other building has exterior corridors. If you do not want exterior corridor, you must specify it in your reservation. Also this is a pet friendly hotel so bring Fi Fi, Fido and Tinkerbell. There is an exercise room with True equipment in there. There is a bike, crosstrainer, treadmill and multi purpose weight machine in that room. Outdoor pool there also. Be sure you have bug repellent since the hotel pool is next to a grassy marsh area if bug bites give you a fit.
My room was a 2 double bed set up in the exterior corridor building. That room was the smallest I have seen with 2 double beds. No room for rollaway and no room for a small crib either. Bed was comfortable, YAY! Great TV channel line up and a great shower head that was powerful. Room was nice and clean. My gripes were that the room door is not flush with the threshold and frame, therefore letting in lots of light and a weak Wifi signal in room at times.
Parking a mini bus or motor coach is easy there and there is a Restaurant, California Dreaming in walking distance for lunch and dinner. Shuttle is available to take you to downtown for a small fee.
Hotel does have Free continental Breakfast and Belgian Waffles, yum. Wish they would have individual yogurts instead of yogurt in a ceramic vat. Not appetizing.
There is a Boat Marina there that is private called Ripley Light. You will see some nice cabin cruisers and yachts there and house boats and fisherman's boats there also. There some Charter boat services there also and a "Boatel" next to hotel.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business

Thank you for choosing the LaQuinta Charleston Riverview for your sports group stay during that event. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback from our guests and I am thankful you were so specific about everything our hotel has to offer to our guests. The issue with the internet service has been fixed and we finally have a truly strong internet signal. The gap between the door and the door frame threshold to the room you occupied are being addressed and there will be a perment fix to this issue soon. We do hope to see you again and thank you again for your comments.

Reviewed August 17, 2010

Located across from a nice marina with a popular restaurant, California Dreaming, next door. Easy to get to downtown Charleston, 5 min. away. Dogs are allowed here and there were many there during our stay. The desk staff were courteous and helpful. The free continental breakfast included a wide variety and was plentiful. The pool was clean. There are 2 computers and a printer available in the lobby. The parking lot gets filled but there's overflow next door. There's a gym and a laundry room. The only thing they need to improve is the cleanliness of the bathroom and the room in general and the floors in the lobby area. Overall good value for the price.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 14, 2010

Originally a Hampton Inn, so not all rooms weren't as big as I had expected, but the staff was very accommodating to help me find a room with a view, couch, fridge/microwave, etc. Staff was VERY helpful and friendly, and knowledgable about the area.. Rooms clean, and beds VERY comfortable. The location was PERFECT for seeing the sites. Can't wait to go back soon!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 3, 2010

My traveling to Charleston began at 6:00 am at the SFO airport which turned into a nightmare when my flight was delayed by 3 1/2 hours and required changes with connecting flights to make my destination into Charleston. My arrival to the hotel was well after 1:30 am that evening. On top of having difficulty with the highways around Charleston, I lost my cellphone at the airport. Needless to say, I was a bit frazzled upon arrival at the hotel. David greeted me at the front desk and was concerned to hear about my lost phone. He was gracious and helpful in assisting me in getting my cellphone deactivated with my phone carrier in case someone found it and were to make long distance calls on it. My room was clean and comfortable. For a weary traveler, I truly appreciated David's attentiveness and making me feel safe during my travels.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed July 24, 2010

Hotel had a beautiful view (from the front side) but was very dirty and staff was rude. Room was never cleaned or stocked during a 5 day visit. Go somewhere else.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 13, 2010

We went to visit some extended family for two nights and wanted to take our golden retriever with us. We found this hotel to be at an excellent location, right on the Charleton Harbor! In addition, it was a short walk to the California Dreaming restaurant where we had both of our dinners. California Dreaming is also located right on the harbor, has delicious food and a versatile menu. They also had live music Saturday night.

The hotel itself is a "good value". As are most chain hotels that accept pets, it was fairly basic but clean. If you are traveling with a pet to this area, I would definitely recommend this place. Note that it is about a 15 minute drive to Folly's Beach which allows pets on leash after 6pm!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple