“Great customer service”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Charleston Riverview
Ranked #53 of 62 Hotels in Charleston
Reviewed December 4, 2012

As a frequent traveler (and elite LaQuinta member) who stays at the LaQuinta Inn at Riverview in Charleston often, I would like to express my appreciation for Julius Shokes and the help he has given me more than once in loading and unloading my car when I travel alone with my dog. LaQuinta is a budget hotel which does not offer valet service. I never expect to have any help when I am loading and unloading the car, but Julius, who I believe works with the motel's maintenance staff, has more than once come to my room with a cart and helped me load and unload my car. I'm sure none of this is in his job description, and his actions fall under general kindness toward the customers. I just want the management to know that he is a bright spot in my frequent stays at the Riverview Motel and should be regarded as a priceless employee.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,127)

Reviewed December 3, 2012

I have friends who stay here in high season for $120/night. This is an average La Quinta and in my opinion, not worth the extra price. I stayed here in December 2012 for $82/night, 2 double beds with a marina view. I discovered that the marina view is more about not being on the back side of the hotel which is closer to the highway and more noisey.

The California Dreaming restaurant is at the end of the street, next to the hotel on a dead end. The traffic in and out of this restaurant is very high. We walked the dogs each night and watching out for traffic and speeding cars! There is some grass to walk the dogs but not a large area to walk.

The room was nice and clean but nothing above the normally nice average La Quinta rooms. The hotel has one section with inside entrances and one section with outside entrances.

I can't see payin $120 for the rooms here but the other LaQuinta in town, while at @ $60 is in an incredibly cramped area with an interstate almost overhead. I'd definitely stay here again if I could get the $70-85/night rates.

Room Tip: Marina view will cost you more. The marina side is very close. There is a little bit of a view of...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Stayed two days whilst visiting Charleston, well located just out of Charleston proper, need to drive or use the hotel shuttle to get into Charleston.
Very clean, but no restaurant, except for free continental breakfast, also no bar.

Room Tip: Front of the hotel for view over the Marina
Reviewed November 29, 2012

To begin with, the location next to the Marina is great for a view. It was very relaxing as we drove up to the front to check in. Next, when we entered we knew it would be a good stay - everything seemed fresh and clean. Our room was very clean and very nice. Not all La Quintas have been this good. In fact, it may be the best La Quinta we have ever stayed in. It was closer than we thought to the Historic area, only a couple of miles to several parking garages that only cost us $10 a day with ample parking spaces. This saved a bundle from staying in town. The breakfast was good for most purposes. It would be a choice again if we were to visit Charleston again. You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Radrev
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Very nice location & excellent bountiful breakfast with make-your-own waffels. Dogs being allowed is a plus for pet owners. Big Marina across the street with lots of expensive watercraft. Be sure and join the LQ.com/returns to gain points toward free nites at La Quinta Hotels

Room Tip: Ask for Marina View.
1  Thank donnanwill
Reviewed November 16, 2012

This usually means inferior, but this hotel is a former Hampton and is an excellent alternative to those "in town" Charleston. Easy to get to from downtown, great accommodations, responsive staff. Walking distance to a nice restaurant. I recommend this place.

Room Tip: Face marina, other side faces highway.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Mathman3
Reviewed November 15, 2012

We paid $75 a night at this hotel and had no complaints. It used to be a Hampton Inn and yes it is showing its age a tad but it was clean and comfortable with twin double beds and a really good breakfast thrown in. The air conditioner was very noisy but we switched it off while we were sleeping as it was a cool night. It may be a problem in hot weather however. Didn't find it noisy at all in the main building at the rear and the WiFi was fast and free. Just over the bridge from Downtown Charleston and was easily accessible from all the best that Charleston has to offer. We thought it was great value for money and would stay again in a heartbeat especially at this price.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a room in the main hotel not the annexe