“Perfect Getaway”

Ranked #51 of 62 Hotels in Charleston
Wilmington, North Carolina
“Perfect Getaway”
Reviewed August 4, 2011

My husband and I stayed here for a 3 day getaway, it was just what we needed. The hotel is close to downtown, a quick easy drive over the bridge. It is in a less congested area, which we liked, there is a nice restaurant~California Dreaming~ within walking distance. Our room was spacious and appeared clean, no stains or mold in the bathroom. The breakfast was on par with other hotels, we had no problems with items running out, the juice machine was fully functional, and the hotel was full the weekend we were there. The staff were nice and readily answered questions and gave us tips for our visit into Charleston. The only problem I would address is that the pool needed a through cleaning,the tile work around the water line were dirty, but I suppose this is hard to do during the peak season. We felt we received a good value for the money.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
LaQuintaRiverview, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Charleston Riverview, responded to this review, August 10, 2011
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the LaQuinta Charleston Riverview. I wanted to take a moment to personally thank you for your excellent review of our hotel. Our team very much appreciates the recognition and I will make sure to pass along your comments in which they will truly enjoy. I also wanted to thank you about letting us know about the pool and as soon as I read your comment, I had found out that it is already sparkling clean again. Thank you again and we do look forward to seeing you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (212)
Jamestown, Kentucky
Reviewed July 29, 2011

The staff was friendly however the rooms were not that great. Our 1st night they put us in room 124 which was to be marina view that actually looked out into the parking lot then you could see the marina. They offered to move us on the next day and we did move to the next building.....rooms were smaller "Betty was the maid (great lady)" however since this is a pet friendly motel there was a saucer size wet mark on the floor by the desk Rm 254..bummer
We thought about it during the day and decided to ask for another room when we got back from Charleston. They moved us to Rm 436 with a great marina view. The room was fairly clean however the toilet was dirty with stains in the bowl and yellow staining on the front. The shower floor had dirty spots in the non slid floor. We reported this the next morning and were surprised to find the bathroom as we left it. They also painted the stairwell 7/27 and the smell of the paint filled the room.

I have never left a review before but felt you should know

If all you want is as I described then this place is for you. The rate was reasonable

My next trip to Charleston will avoid this motel only because it needs to be cleaned better. Good location

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
LaQuintaRiverview, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Charleston Riverview, responded to this review, July 30, 2011
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the LaQuinta Charleston Riverview. I wanted to take a moment to personally thank you for your review and for your compliments regarding our hotel staff. We are constantly striving to provide the best guest experiences and I thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel. I do apologize that you had to move rooms so much and for the issues you had during your stay. We have made note of all your comments and I will make sure these are fixed so our future guests do not have to share the same experience you had during your recent stay. We are in the process of updating our stairwell with new paint and this will be completed within the next week. We do hope that you will give us another try during your next trip to Charleston to prove we are the best value in the Charleston area. Thank you again for your comments.

Travelers are raving about these Charleston hotels

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed July 28, 2011

My family planned a trip to Charleston to celebrate Mom's 77th birthday. We stayed at this location and had a great time. The hotel is dated and needs to be remodeled but it was clean and comfortable. We got what we payed for. The staff was AMAZING!!!! EVERY staff member greeted us every time we passed each other and went out of their way to be accomodating. The office staff members were super nice!. The breakfast was yummy and filling. We will stay at this hotel again. Thanks for making mom's birthday even more memorable.
The King Family

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
LaQuintaRiverview, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Charleston Riverview, responded to this review, August 13, 2011
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the LaQuinta Charleston Riverview. I wanted to take a moment to personally thank you for your excellent review of our hotel. Our team very much appreciates the recognition and I will make sure to pass along your comments in which they will truly enjoy. We are very happy that we were able to help make your mother's birthday one she will not forget!! Thank you again and we do look forward to seeing you again soon!
Atlanta
Reviewed July 27, 2011

I never take the time to write reviews about anything but I felt so disappointed about my stay at this hotel that I had to write. I am not the type of person to complain a lot either but this hotel was bad. I stay in hotels a lot in many different places and I don;t need anything that special but I do have some basic standards. After reading reviews about this hotel I decided to book a two night trip but I was very disappointed. The reviews said it was clean, very comfortable and had friendly staff but those guests couldn't have been talking about this hotel. I had a regular King room and it was dirty, old and very worn. The decor looked like it hadn't been changed since 1985. The bathroom was old, worn and dirty. The mattress was old, very uncomfortable and lumpy and the AC was so loud that it made it difficult to sleep. The breakfast was poor and the only hot item they offered was waffles. The juice machine never worked so there was never anything to drink for breakfast. The muffins tasted stale. The breakfast was so not worth it that I skipped it completely on my second morning. During the evening I was quite tired from activities and all I wanted to do was relax and watch TV but the first night the cable had a lot of fuzziness. On the second night the cable kept going out completely every two minutes. After about an hour it stopped. Also, the staff was never that friendly or accommodating. I know this hotel offers a good value compared to other hotels in the area but remember you definitely get what you pay for. I would definitely keep looking for a different place to stay.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for staying with us at the LaQuinta Charleston Riverview. We do appreciate you taking the time to notify us regarding the difficulties you experienced during your recent stay at our hotel. We truly do apologize that your experience was not what you expected. It is our goal to make sure our guests stay happy and so it is with disappointment that I hear how you were unsatisfied with our service. Please be assured that the issues you have raised have been addressed and the appropriate action has been taken. We take pride in our hotel, and do our best to prevent problems from recurring. I do hope you will give us another chance the next time you are in Charleston to prove we are a great hotel. Thank you again.
Lewisville, Texas
Reviewed July 24, 2011

Hotel has incredible service and front desk is totally accomadating. The breakfast is ok but would like to sore more "Hot" choices.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
LaQuintaRiverview, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Charleston Riverview, responded to this review, July 25, 2011
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the LaQuinta Charleston Riverview. I wanted to take a moment to personally thank you for your excellent review of our hotel. Our team very much appreciates the recognition and I will make sure to pass along your comments in which they will truly enjoy. Thank you again and we do look forward to seeing you again soon!
Chesapeake, Virginia
Reviewed July 19, 2011

We stayed here on our way to a cruise. My mom received a spider bite on the drive down. By the time we got there, it was awful looking and the desk clerk took the time to find us an Urgent Care, call them to ensure their hours and asked them to fit us in before they closed, which they gladly did. If she had not made that call, we would not have been seen as the wait times were beyond their closing time. Because of her call, they saw us...I will stay there again!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us at the LaQuinta Charleston Riverview. I wanted to take a moment to personally thank you for your great review and for your compliments regarding our hotel and staff. We are constantly striving to provide the best guest experiences and I thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel. I do hope the spider bite is much better and you were able to enjoy your cruise. Thank you again and we do hope to see you again the next time you are in the Charleston area.
Dallas, TX
Reviewed July 14, 2011

Arrived w/o reservations on a Sat night and every place we called was sold out. Luckily found a room after midnight here. Pleasantly surprised! Great location for driving to Folly Beach or Charleston. Suggestion; ask the staff to smoke out back and wait until the guests are done w breakfast before getting in line for coffee etc. Old property that could have charm. Needs a woman's touch!

• Stayed July 2011
LaQuintaRiverview, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Charleston Riverview, responded to this review, July 18, 2011
Thank you for staying with us at the LaQuinta Charleston Riverview during your recent visit. I wanted to take a moment to personally thank you for your review and sharing your experiences for others to read. We are constantly striving to provide the best guest experiences and so I wanted to thank you for your recent feedback about your visit. I also wanted to thank you for bringing to my attention about our employees habits and I will address this immediately. We do hope to see you again the next time you are in the Charleston area. Thank you again and have a great day!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Charleston
Holiday Inn Charleston Riverview
Residence Inn Charleston Downtown/Riverview
SpringHill Suites Charleston Downtown/Riverview
Comfort Inn Downtown Charleston
Holiday Inn Express Charleston Downtown - Ashley River
Tides Folly Beach
Tides Folly Beach
#1 of 1 in Folly Beach

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Charleston Riverview? Share your experiences!