WINNER WONDERLAND
Ranked #43 of 60 Hotels in Charleston
Knoxville, Tennessee
“so nice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

My family and I stayed in this hotel for just 1 night before heading to the beach. While I was checking in, I turned to my daughter and commented that I kept forgetting that it was my birthday. Within 5 minutes of checking into our room, the guy at the front desk was at my door with a bottle of wine and glasses and said that he overheard that it was birthday. It was definitely above and beyond. I also stood at the check-in counter and extra long time while I called to activate my new credit card that I had forgotten to do beforehand. The employee was extra patient and super sweet...he never acted a bit annoyed at all! Our room was what was to be expected..beautiful and roomy.
We ordered room service late at night and they were very quick and it was yummy. The restaurant even called us a little bit later to see if everything was good and make sure we didn't need anything else.
Breakfast cannot be beat. Great deal for anyone who wants to get up and eat anything they want and then head out.
The location was very good, also. We walked everywhere. We even walked back late at night and felt comfortable.
And I can't forget to mention the extra comfy beds!

• 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (297)
New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

Good location, close enough to everything: visitor center, car rental, trolley and bus stop, Market street. our room have two rooms: bedroom with door, small kitchen, and living room, big bathroom. Breakfast and evening reception it was very helpful.

Springfield, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

The location of the Embassy Suites really made our stay the most pleasant; we found we were able to walk or take the free trolley to just about everything we wanted to enjoy. The included breakfast & evening reception were nicely set, as both are free; they can be enjoyed outside in the courtyard, in the lobby, or back in your suite. The staff are friendly, accommodating, and attentive; one of the guest service agents gave us one of the best restaurant recommendations from a local perspective. Really enjoyed the hot tub & pool in the evening, when the kids weren't around. All in all, would return to this hotel for the hospitality and location.

• Stayed August 2013
Weaverille, NC, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

This review is on trip advisor. I called to change my reservation which the conditions I agreed to said that I could until Saturday. When I tried to change trip advisor employee told me the hotel wouldn't let me change until Monday....which would have meant I couldn't change. I called the hotel and spoke with the manager and he said he told TA that I could change& he didn't know why TA had told me that.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Windsor, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

This one night stay at the Charleston Embassy Suites worked out well due to the close proximity of the charming streets of Charleston South Carolina. The hotel is quite large with the usual embassy suites atrium that you find at many older embassy suites. Our guest room was well maintained and comfortable for our family of five. The lobby respected the southern charm although the atrium and balcony area is in need of updating (we've noticed this at other embassy suite venues where the atrium sometimes is allowed to slip into a state of disrepair). The lobby also had a persistant odour of fish during our stay. All in all, this was a good option for a quick trip.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

We stayed here from July 20-25. The first room they showed me was unacceptable as I requested a window. There was a window in the room, but it was so high you couldn't look out it. They switched us to a ground floor room with plenty of windows. It's obviously a historic property, the bellman told us it was 400 years old! We enjoyed the breakfast every day, but it can get crowded, as does the nightly happy hour. There was sometimes no place to sit. FYI - There is a very limited bar at the happy hour, and the same snacks appeared almost every evening. The pool is small, but it's one of the few hotels in Charleston that even has a pool at all. Tara at the front desk was helpful and gave us some compimentary passes to tourist attractions due to the room inconvenience. When we checked out I forgot my pillow. I called and they eventually found the pillow, and sent it back to me Fedex. My CUSTOMIZED pillowcase was missing however. It was a pillowcase with my name printed on it, one of a matching set that was a gift. I don't understand why that wasn't returned as well. After many phone calls to the front desk, and then housekeeping, I was told they simply can't find it. I never saw it again :(

Room Tip: If old buildings creep you out, choose another hotel or stay on a high floor.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Henderson, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

Breakfast staff were really warm and welcoming everyday of our stay. The young man with the dreadlocks and glasses greeted us every time he saw us. David the front desk clerk was a great source of information. The valet service was an added feature that made parking a breeze. The location was in the middle of everything we wanted to do. We totally enjoyed our trip.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple