The hotel is the old location of the Citadel (Military College of South Carolina) and I have stayed there twice over the past three years. Each stay was good. The overall ambiance is that of an Embassy Suites property; however, almost everything is done in a way that's different from other Embassy Suites hotels. The breakfast/restaurant area is a rather small room to the side of the lobby. The reception area (drinks/snacks) is a rather small bar area just inside the main door, The rooms are a bit small for an Embassy Suites hotel and are somewhat dark (very few windows). Would I stay here again? The answer is a definite yes.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A historic landmark, within the walls of the original Citadel, the Embassy Suites Historic Charleston is a grand restoration and is well located, adjacent to Marion Square, and walking distance to many major Charleston attractions including the College of Charleston, MUSC, fabulous restaurants and King Street shopping. Enjoy our complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast and nightly Manager's reception. We look forward to welcoming you to the Holy City with warm, Southern hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton Charleston - Historic Charleston reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Historic Charleston Hotel Charleston
- Embassy Suites Charleston
- Charleston Embassy Suites