The property is historic, but this also means the rooms are small and narrow. The furnishings are pretty plain and not particularly charming. There is a complimentary cocktail hour and a complimentary breakfast. Expect long lines for both. The breakfast line was close to 20 minutes and we carried breakfast back to our room because there was nowhere to sit. I specifically stayed here because I knew there would be a fitness center and the other more charming inns nearby, didn't have one. However, the fitness center here is pretty miserable. It's in a detached building from the hotel and has limited equipment. Most Hampton Inns have better fitness centers. I didn’t find the location that great. It was about a half mile walk to most of the places we wanted to go. It was an easy, safe walk but it seemed as if there were better options closer to the sites.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A historic landmark, within the walls of the original Citadel, the Embassy Suites Historic Charleston is a grand restoration and is well located, adjacent to Marion Square, and walking distance to many major Charleston attractions including the College of Charleston, MUSC, fabulous restaurants and King Street shopping. Enjoy our complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast and nightly Manager's reception. We look forward to welcoming you to the Holy City with warm, Southern hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Hotwire, Agoda, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton Charleston - Historic Charleston reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Historic Charleston Hotel Charleston
- Embassy Suites Charleston
- Charleston Embassy Suites