“Roaches are abundant at this nasty shack.”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #58 of 62 Hotels in Charleston
Summerville, South Carolina, United States
“Roaches are abundant at this nasty shack.”
Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

I just needed a decent, livable room for one night and I definitely didn't get that at this hotel. I didn't mind so much that the bedding was from 30 years ago, but it would have been decent of this place to at least make sure the rooms were clean. I was overly disgusted when I saw a roach crawling on the bench and shortly after there was another roach crawling up the wall beside my bed. Needless to say I put my bag in my car for fear of taking the unwanted roommates home with me. This whole is not fit for a dog to sleep in. Do yourself a favor and spend a little more money and stay somewhere that is clean and roach free.

• Stayed October 2012
6 Thank Renee W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Reviewed May 23, 2012 via mobile

I made reservations in march to stay for three days in may. I arrived with my friend on a Thursday night. The person behind the desk was creepy and scary. The motel and parking area was dingy. We went to our room which was pitiful, rundown, dirty and gross. There were faceplates missing from outlets in the wall. The phone did not work, the blinds and lamp were broken, and the bathroom had not been cleaned. We opened the door, looked around and immediately began to call other motels. We were NOT staying here! I would have slept in my car before I slept there. I also think it is interesting( and very misleading). The photos posted on the web are not true for the property( 2237 Savannah hwy). The real thing looks much worse

• Stayed May 2012
5 Thank Hezoo

Travelers are raving about these Charleston hotels

Bluffton, South Carolina
Reviewed May 8, 2011

The room was disgusting. There was trash in the bathroom. The rug wasn't' vacuumed. In the morning I found the food in the microwave. Who knows how long it was there for?! The draining the bathtub wasn't working. When I went to complain to the receptionist. All he kept saying is "I am sorry". Do not stay here. It is sooooo not worth it!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
6 Thank Mielaya
Michigan
Reviewed April 6, 2011

Although we got what we thought was a great nightly rate, it was not worth it. Internet did not work, phone did not work and there was lots of noise from the rooms above.
The front desk staff were very nice and friendly, but when the website says they have wireless and phone and you get neither, nice and friendly doesn't cut it.
Also, the toilet was so loose, it felt like it was going to fall over (Room 113).

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
5 Thank ilenemac
US
Reviewed April 5, 2011

This hotel has a fairly good location off the 526 in West Ashley. I was stuck for an affordable room on a very busy weekend, and this cost in their upper range. It wasn't worth it. When I entered the room there were sunflower seed shells clearly visible under the bed which were not swept up in 2 days, and the room smelled dank. I turned on the fan which helped some. My brother reported short-n-curlies in their bathroom and missing light bulbs all over the room. I did look for evidence of bed bugs and did not see any.The blankets looked like the kind in the homeless shelter where I work. The breakfast was some pieces of bread wrapped in plastic, the kind you get when you are in the hospital, and some frosted cereal. This is the kind of place roofing contractors might get get stuck staying while in town for a job.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere. There are nice places nearby.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank SueKA
Fayetteville
Reviewed October 20, 2010

This hotel needs to be close down. It's nasty. We had black mole in the bathroom on the wall and the shower stall. The carpet smells, then we realize that it was because of the carpet being wet in the doorway by the bathroom. There was a big rip in the side of the recliner. The ice machine was disgusting. Look like no one clean this thing in years. It was horrible. We were only there for one night. That's all we could take. They have one iron and ironing board for the whole hotel, not to mention they didn't even have trash bags for the trash can in the room. We should've checked it out before paying for it. If you are traveling with kids, please go elsewhere. I usually stay in a hotel at least 20 times out of the year and this place is by far the worst. The upkeep of this hotel is below standards and the management should be ashamed of this.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank eddfrances
Denver
Reviewed May 14, 2010

Every negative thing I'd read on reviews was correct except we encountered no bed bugs. I was afraid of this going in, but everything in Charleston is very expensive. The room smelled, sheets were either dirty or stained so we asked for clean sheets and I changed them myself!! Curtain was too small for window; breakfast was next to nothing. WAY too much for the money. We'd stayed at a Clarion by airport night before - prepaid for almost $30 less and room was fantastic. Wish we'd gone back there the next night even if it was out of the way, but to get that price, we'd had to book with first night.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple